Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BALS plan
Hi everyone,

I was looking to start a BA in Liberal Studies at TESU. I have already few credits gained at Shmoop but I'm aware TESU is not longer accepting Shmoop credits  Sad

Do you guys know where I can find a BA LS study plan which focus more on other resources such as Study.com or SL? As I want to complete a degree asap (i have got a good amount of time to focus on my study), which source/website is in your opinion the fastest to use in order to complete a degree quickly?

Thanks a lot for your help everyone!

All the best,
Luka
[-] The following 1 user Likes Luka1110's post:
  • HAYDENTREE77
(06-16-2018, 04:00 AM)Luka1110 Wrote: Hi everyone,

I was looking to start a BA in Liberal Studies at TESU. I have already few credits gained at Shmoop but I'm aware TESU is not longer accepting Shmoop credits  Sad

Do you guys know where I can find a BA LS study plan which focus more on other resources such as Study.com or SL? As I want to complete a degree asap (i have got a good amount of time to focus on my study), which source/website is in your opinion the fastest to use in order to complete a degree quickly?

Thanks a lot for your help everyone!

All the best,
Luka
------------------------

I'm actually working on the exact same thing! I had a sizeable headstart because I had some unconvential credits from military service, but here are the CLEPs/DSSTs I am working on, as well as their equivalency.
  • Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (LIT-291 & LIT-292)
  • College Mathematics CLEP (MAT-102 & MAT-103)
  • Health and Human Development DSST (HEA-103)
  • Computing and Information Technology DSST (COS-101)
  • Introductory Psychology CLEP (PSY-101)
  • Introductory Sociology CLEP (SOC-101) 
  • Principles of Management CLEP (MAN-301) 
  • Organizational Behavior DSST (PSY-361) 
  • Principles of Marketing CLEP (MAR-301) 
  • Human Resources Management DSST (MAN-331)
  • Management Information Systems DSST (CIS-301)
  • Natural Sciences CLEP (NAS-101 & NAS-102)
  • College Composition w/ Essay CLEP (ENC-101 & ENC-102)
  • Principles of Public Speaking DSST (COM-209)
  • Business Ethics and Society DSST (BUS-302)
  • American Government CLEP (POS-110)
  • Humanities CLEP (HUM-102 & HUM-103)
The great thing about these is that a lot of those business ones (Principles of Management, Org. Behavior...) have a ton of overlap - I would recommend taking them back to back. I use instacert to guide my studying and use wikipedia and youtube when I need to go down the rabbit hole. When I feel like I'm ready, I take the free practice tests on FreeClepPrep.com. If I get at least 75% percent, I go and take the test.

Also- If you're in a hurry to get your degree, research the residency requirement waiver for TESU and you may be able to get that BALS using almost entirely CLEPs/DSSTs with the exception of the required capstone and cornerstone courses. I average 3 hours of study per day and I'm hoping to have thing thing done within a couple months.

Good luck!
[-] The following 2 users Like levinec14's post:
  • HAYDENTREE77, K93
Here is a generic BALS degree from TESU and one from COSC.  Either one is a good option.

Which exam/course provider is the best is entirely dependent upon what YOU are good at.
- If you like exams, and there is a CLEP/DSST testing center near you, have at it.  If you like exams but there is NOT a testing center nearby, you can use Davar Academy, UExcel, TECEP, or Coopersmith for some exams.
- If you don't mind a monthly model (finish in a month or you pay for another month), then there is SL and Study.com.  SL is more textbook-based with fewer numbers of exams, while Study.com is more video-based, with a lot more quizzes - but each one is only 5 questions.  Pros and cons to both, depending on how you learn.
- If you need more time for courses, you can take Sophia or Ed4Credit, which both have 3-4 months to complete a course.  There are sometimes coupons available to lower the price.
- ALEKS math is available until 8/31, you can take College Algebra, Precalculus and Statistics for $20/mo (and even do all 3 in a month if you're good at math).
- Saylor has free courses, and $25 exams available
- There are free courses/exams available as well (The Institutes, TEEX, NFA, Sophia)
- OnlineDegree.com will also have free courses available soon
- Shmoop is not able to be used at TESU, but they can be at COSC
- ACTFL is a great source of credits if you're fluent in a foreign language

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU 2016 BALS.xlsx (Size: 45.83 KB / Downloads: 76)
.xlsx   COSC BA generic.xlsx (Size: 14.32 KB / Downloads: 21)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • HAYDENTREE77, ISKBizz15, K93
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your help! I will consider the spreadsheet TESU 2016 BALS in mind and surely have a look at either SL or Study.com. How many credits do you suggest to earned before enrol at TESU?

Cheers,
Luca
There is no downside to enrolling at TESU immediately, since they don't charge anything to be an enrolled student (no per-term fees of any kind). The only issue is that you need to take a TECEP exam to remain enrolled, before a year is up, so I would advise to plan a couple of TECEP's into your plan, and then in several months register for one, and then maybe 8 months later to register for another one. Chose really easy ones like Applied Math or Tech Writing, or ones that will help like Technical Comm (which counts for Public Speaking).
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-16-2018, 01:04 PM)dfrecore Wrote: - ALEKS math is available until 8/31, you can take College Algebra, Precalculus and Statistics for $20/mo (and even do all 3 in a 

Hi Dfrecore, I have my ALEKS courses on my ACE transcript already but i have not sent it to TESU. Should i go ahead and send it? Are they planning on not accepting it any more?

(06-19-2018, 03:14 PM)Mab81 Wrote:
(06-16-2018, 01:04 PM)dfrecore Wrote: - ALEKS math is available until 8/31, you can take College Algebra, Precalculus and Statistics for $20/mo (and even do all 3 in a 

Hi Dfrecore, I have my ALEKS courses on my ACE transcript already but i have not sent it to TESU. Should i go ahead and send it? Are they planning on not accepting it any more?

The way ACE-approved courses work is that once they are on your ACE transcript, you are golden.  Even if the courses later expire, if the course was approved when you took it, then you're fine.  Courses (and sometimes course providers) come and go, but that ACE transcript is the key to it all.

So you are fine.
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • K93, novabug
(06-16-2018, 05:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote: There is no downside to enrolling at TESU immediately, since they don't charge anything to be an enrolled student (no per-term fees of any kind).  The only issue is that you need to take a TECEP exam to remain enrolled, before a year is up, so I would advise to plan a couple of TECEP's into your plan, and then in several months register for one, and then maybe 8 months later to register for another one.  Chose really easy ones like Applied Math or Tech Writing, or ones that will help like Technical Comm (which counts for Public Speaking).

Thanks dfrecore. I didnt think about TECEP but I just had a look at the University website and now I have got a better idea of what TECEP to take after enrolment. 

Thanks again!
(06-16-2018, 05:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote: There is no downside to enrolling at TESU immediately, since they don't charge anything to be an enrolled student (no per-term fees of any kind).  The only issue is that you need to take a TECEP exam to remain enrolled, before a year is up, so I would advise to plan a couple of TECEP's into your plan, and then in several months register for one, and then maybe 8 months later to register for another one.  Chose really easy ones like Applied Math or Tech Writing, or ones that will help like Technical Comm (which counts for Public Speaking).

I applied to TESU and submitted my transcripts for evaluation.  I used the study.com affiliation at that time.  Am I officially enrolled?  Or is there something more to do after the initial evaluation?  Also, they didn't waive the cornerstone course.  Any idea if they will extend the special pricing for the residency waiver for study.com students?

Thanks so much for your help!
Tripletmom, if you have not taken a 3 credit course or TECEP at TESU, you're not an enrolled student. I would register for one TECEP right away. But the most important thing right now is, to pay for the residency waiver. That residency waiver will last you just one year. If you go past that one year, you'll have to pay it again. The Study.com discount ends 6/30/2018, you must have finished 1 course and transferred it to TESU by then.

Which degree are you going for? If you are going to be taking courses at TESU for a degree, you may want to consider the comprehensive tuition plan of $6,350 (Study.com affiliate pricing), this is a great plan for people taking up to 36 credits at TESU for degrees where courses are NOT fully test-out-able.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,982 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,662 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,109 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,646 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,734 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,348 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,596 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,326 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,379 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,861 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore