Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Capstone full?
I'll be registering for the Capstone soon (LIB-495), although it'll probably be near the end of the registration window, with the 100-credit minimum that needs to be completed and transferred. I'll be doing the Guided Study and not the Online version. 

I was wondering, as to avoid mishaps, is it possible that all Capstone courses become full?
(06-22-2019, 11:08 AM)pws Wrote: I'll be registering for the Capstone soon (LIB-495), although it'll probably be near the end of the registration window, with the 100-credit minimum that needs to be completed and transferred. I'll be doing the Guided Study and not the Online version. 

I was wondering, as to avoid mishaps, is it possible that all Capstone courses become full?

There are a limited number of instructors so capstone courses do fill up. As such, it is possible that they could all fill up... particularly if you're limiting yourself only to guided study courses. If you're open to both GS and OL courses it is unlikely that they will all be full.

Personally, I recommend OL courses over GS courses, particularly for the Capstone. Between the forum posts (which are super simple) and the free points that OL students get from completing the ETS Proficiency Profile, that reduces the grading impact of the final paper by a good margin. Plus you have to write more papers for the GS version. They are identical other than those elements. Those easy points help if you're aiming for a high GPA... plus I always prefer points when I can get them. Smile
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • suzycupcake
(06-22-2019, 06:09 PM)Merlin Wrote: [...]

I was under the impression that the Online version of the Capstone fills up quickly, of which you are then stuck with doing the Guided Study. I'll be registering later during the registration window, which is why I was planning on doing the GS.

However, if even the GS fills up, that's a bit worrying. Have you seen this personally?
I wouldn't just accept "full" as a final answer. I'd contact the registrar's office and ask to be let into a section. I bet they will find you a place rather than delay your graduation.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • AwardTour, pws
As a side note I did GS and GS students also get extra points for doing the ETS profile.

The GS was good. No annoying forum posts (I got to dislike these from attending University of the People) just your essays. It was very simple, the essays have more points, but it was good.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • pws
(06-23-2019, 08:15 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: As a side note I did GS and GS students also get extra points for doing the ETS profile.

The GS was good. No annoying forum posts (I got to dislike these from attending University of the People) just your essays. It was very simple, the essays have more points, but it was good.

That must be a recent change, it wasn't the case when I did my capstone back in November. Good to see though since I thought it was a bit unfair to require it but not compensate GS students for taking the exam.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 16 718 1 hour ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 361 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 270 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,159 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy