Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BALS with no concentration sanity check.
For Written Comm, they used 3 courses to finish it off: A: INTEL & PRACT SKILLS (In progress)
ENGL101 English Comp I ENC-103 2.00
ENGL102 English Comp II ENC-104 2.00
ENGL289 Intermediate Com ENC-105 2.00

For Oral Communication 3SH (Complete) - they gave you a waiver

For Quantitative Literacy 3SH (Complete) - they gave you a waiver

For CS169: Intro Comp Math (CIS-199) 2.00 - they consider it a computer course, just like a business math course is considered a business course, not a math course. But it really doesn't matter, since MAT-270 doesn't do anything for you - the LL AOS is already filled, and that's where that would go.

------------------------------------------------------------------

My first choice is the BALS/NSM because you are 5 courses from completing it (+ capstone).

My 2nd choice would be a BACS, because it's "only" 10 more courses (+ capstone) - but many of them will probably be very easy for you. And if you could get them to re-evaluate the math course, then it would be 9 courses to do.

The BSBA CIS degree is not even going to make it as one of my choices, because it's going to add a bunch more courses, and slow you WAY down, as you'll need 18 courses (+ capstone). That's just not a good way to go. It's practically starting over, when you are so close to something else.

BTW - you said that you only needed a "check-the-box" degree, so that's why I'm going with the BALS/NSM. If you don't need a degree, then there's no reason to take the longest possible route to one.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-16-2020, 06:48 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Have you done a "What if I change my program" option and see what's missing for your ASNSM and other possible degrees to see what it shows within each academic evaluation?  Do you have a budget/fund, tuition assistance or reimbursement from work?  I would reply with an attachment of each evaluation you have done and we can see if you can apply that towards your current goal.  You're already there for the BALS, you can just finish the degree if you're looking for cheap/easy/fast.  Another option is, if you have tuition assistance, you can try and complete 16-18 credits and go for a BACS AND/OR BSBA CIS, since you're thinking of taking extra courses anyways, it may be a better option.

What if reports for ASNSM, BACS & BSBA CIS attached, assuming they keep the waiver as pointed out by dfrecore, then I should have the asnsm for cs done once I complete intro to sociology (sophia), Civic Engagement (InstantCert) and if they count sophia's intro to statistics for the mathematics.

As for the BACS & BSBA CIS - once I enroll I'll ask for an official eval along with a BALS/NSM.

As for reimbursement from work: Nope.
Tuition Assistance: Possible pell grant, which would mean I would want to take the 2 required courses at TESU during the same term.
Budget/Fund: As for now, yes.

(10-20-2020, 04:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote: For Oral Communication 3SH (Complete) - they gave you a waiver

For Quantitative Literacy 3SH (Complete) - they gave you a waiver

For CS169: Intro Comp Math (CIS-199) 2.00 - they consider it a computer course, just like a business math course is considered a business course, not a math course.  But it really doesn't matter, since MAT-270 doesn't do anything for you - the LL AOS is already filled, and that's where that would go.

------------------------------------------------------------------

My first choice is the BALS/NSM because you are 5 courses from completing it (+ capstone).

My 2nd choice would be a BACS, because it's "only" 10 more courses (+ capstone) - but many of them will probably be very easy for you.  And if you could get them to re-evaluate the math course, then it would be 9 courses to do.

The BSBA CIS degree is not even going to make it as one of my choices, because it's going to add a bunch more courses, and slow you WAY down, as you'll need 18 courses (+ capstone).  That's just not a good way to go.  It's practically starting over, when you are so close to something else.

BTW - you said that you only needed a "check-the-box" degree, so that's why I'm going with the BALS/NSM.  If you don't need a degree, then there's no reason to take the longest possible route to one.

Good to know on the waiver, I suppose once I get the official eval I'll see if they end up re-evaluate CS169 Intro Comp Math to MAT-270 for Discrete Math and if they end up giving a waiver on that or not.

As for the "check-the-box" degree, getting my bachelors won't result in anything like a promotion or a pay raise, it's more of "if something happen" that results in getting laid off due to covid that I at least won't get turned away because I don't have it or maybe it could open a few doors for a government contract job in the future.

I am looking for cheap/easy/fast but I also am willing to play with the idea of if I need to take an extra course that doesn't result in a complete nightmare (for example since I've already paid for the sophia membership so that's why I wasn't completely against looking at the BSBA CIS) however I obviously haven't taken all the sophia courses and accounting was a nightmare... I'm fighting with the statistics course and I'm almost done with it, but that does make me worried about Calculus in the BACS.

I'm closer to the BSIT than the BSBA in CIS running a what if but Chem/Physics with Lab puts a stop to that.

If I could find alternate credits for COM-100, COM-120 & COM-121 and if I earned 15 UL for the AOS I could get a BA in Communications.
Likewise if I could find somewhere that could offer 15 UL credits in the arts, I could probably take a painting class in a community college and get a BA in the Fine arts.

Attached Files
.pdf   WhatIf-ASNSM-CS.pdf (Size: 120.9 KB / Downloads: 12)
.pdf   WhatIf-BA-CS.pdf (Size: 131.38 KB / Downloads: 14)
.pdf   WhatIf-BSBA-CIS.pdf (Size: 137.97 KB / Downloads: 14)
In Progress:
TESU:
BA Computer Science (117/120)
SoonCapstone

Completed: AS in Mathematics, Certificate in Computer Information Systems

TESU: 6 Credits (SOS-110, CMP-3540) - 2023
Coursera: 24 Credits (IBM Data Analysis & Visualization Foundations, SAS Advanced Programmer, Google Data Analytics) 2022-2023
Study.com: 27 Credits (Management Information Systems, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management, Computer Architecture, Discrete Mathematics, Geometry, Data Structures, Intro to Operating Systems, Calculus) 2020-2022
InstantCert.com: 3 Credits (American Government) - 2022
CSMLearn.com: 3 Credits - 2021
Sophia.org: 46 Credits - 2020
Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service 11 Credits - 2020
B&M College: 105.34 Credits - 2010

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 375 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 856 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 634 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 170 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,255 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Course/Degree Planning - Liberal Studies, BA - TESU drp16 4 382 01-31-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: drp16
Question My degree plan for TESU BA in CS; thoughts/recs? bruh 65 6,067 01-11-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BACS planing help smtGate 8 555 01-04-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Business Core questions Yenisei 8 545 12-07-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  TESU degree planning advice or other options needthisdegree 11 648 12-05-2023, 04:31 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr