Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - BS Degree in Data Science and Analytics
Really! This is how it's done so - most companies that provide tuition assistance/reimbursement provide up to $5000+ a year (sadly, i missed this option with my previous employers, the last employer didn't have tuition reimbursement as an option). I hope after a few months at this new agency, I get tuition reimbursement...

Anyways, WGU or Brandman and other competency based providers charge under $4k/term. If you finish the degree after you transfer in 90 credits into the program, it may only take one term - thus, your tuition reimbursement pays for the remainder of the degree. I recommend doing a competency Masters using this option, if you can finish in a term or two, it's very affordable!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-04-2020, 12:23 PM)Thatch Wrote:
(03-04-2020, 12:06 PM)allvia Wrote: Something else to keep in mind -  if your company offers tuition assistance WGU works really well for that; they are set up for it.

Really, how so?

I've been working a matrix out between the various options and finding Study.com to more courses and cheaper (depending on the number of courses you get through). That said I did see this on Study.com "A student can pass up to 2 courses a month"... I thought I'd seen discussion on this site that it was 5 (and people were frustrated that it was dropped from unlimited before) which is a bit limiting.

I'm also checking with a local school with online options that might be able to fill in the gaps since their cost per credit is quite low. Not enough info on their website yet to make a call on that one yet though.

The short answer is - They work with your employers 'terms' and breakdown the bill accordingly.  There are common/standard rules the majority of employees use (generated off the federal government guideline and limits set for corporate employees).  You do have to complete a certain # of courses per term (6 months); a very reasonable # of courses.

I would suggest that you transfer in as much as you can first to WGU - or at least the gen eds (for speed, even though those courses would be your out of pocket; unless your employeer is willing to pay for alternative credit sources, some are - talk to your HR dept). Once you have some credits apply to WGU and talk with them about your employers plan. https://www.wgu.edu/financial-aid-tuitio...ement.html - Another good resource for things WGU is on the WGU Reddit forum https://www.reddit.com/r/WGU

Things to be aware of with WGU is that they do not take NCCRS credits - ACE/CLEP only. And you can transfer credits in as often as you like as long as you are not enrolled (once you are an enrolled student no more external credits can be transferred in); so you can earn a few credit apply see what you're missing - earn more alt credits transfer them in to fill the gaps, repeat - then enroll when you get to the last 30 remaining (or when you feel "all remaining through WGU" is your best option)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Ah, I see what was being said about that. Certainly helpful since they require a passing grade in any course for reimbursement. Do they split out fees per class so it's $3000 / 3 classes, so if you fail one class you're not out the whole reimbursement? Just curious, not planning on failing anything.

I was planning on using my education reimbursement as I have a fairly generous $12k allowance, I've just wanted to make sure I keep the price as low and as efficient as possible so that if I leave, I'm still able to continue along on the plan without having to suddenly bail out over finances.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 729 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 288 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 362 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 244 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 208 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538