Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BS Health Services Technology AOS
Has anyone completed this degree with TESU? I am trying to determine if it is possible to complete the BS HST AOS requirements via alternative credits. I am hoping Biology I/II w/ labs (both completed already) will fit into the AOS as well but the degree requires:
  • Computer Concepts (CIS-107) or above - completed
  • Statistics - completed
  • College Algebra - completed
  • Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab 
  • Anatomy and Physiology II with Lab
  • Chemistry I with Lab -completed
  • Biology I - completed Biology I/II w/ Labs
If you already have other courses to fill the Natural Science requirements and General Eds, could the above 13 hours of required science courses fit into the AOS or are they part of the general eds?

and for the AOS it says:

A. Professional Health Requirements 30
B. Professional Electives 12
C. Computer Requirement 3 - completed
D. Current Trends and Applications 3

For part A these are some courses I was hoping may work?

SDC: 
Nutrition 101: Science of Nutrition
BIO-208: The Science of Nutrition
Genetics 101: Intro to Genetics - completed
Biology 103: Microbiology - completed
Biology 106: Pathophysiology - completed
Health 103: Medical Terminology (says it comes in as TESU APS-100)
Health 301: Ethical & Legal Issues in Healthcare
Health 302: Health Services Policy
Health 303: Healthcare Organization & Management
Health 305: Healthcare Finance & Budgeting
Health 307: Healthcare Delivery Systems
Health 308: Healthcare Quality & Outcome Measurement
Health 309: Healthcare Informatics/Nursing 301: Nursing Informatics
Health 310: Human Resource Management in Healthcare

Onlinedegree:
*HC101: Intro to Public Heath 
*NU102: Nutrition and Health
*Degree Map comments state these course can be used in the BS Health Services Tech, but I'm not sure how accurate the degree map is.

SL:
Anatomy & Physiology I/II w/Labs
First Aid/CPR - MED101
Medical Terminology - MEDTERM101 (says it comes in as TESU HEA-203)
Pharmacology - PHARM103
Microbiology Lab - BIO250L (Microbiology course has already been completed)

And for Part B I am hoping Business and Management courses such as Ops/Change/Organizational/Project Management, Accounting, Financial Accounting, Economics ect via TECEPs, SL, SDC or OLD may work, but I'm not entirely sure what type of courses they use to fill that part of the AOS.

If anyone has any experience with planning or finishing this degree and could offer some advice or insight, I would greatly appreciate. TY!
This degree is a Rutgers degree, so I'm going to guess Rutgers rules apply. So it's not able to be tested out of.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-13-2019, 12:02 AM)dfrecore Wrote: This degree is a Rutgers degree, so I'm going to guess Rutgers rules apply.  So it's not able to be tested out of.

Thanks for pointing that out. I knew the BS Health Science one was a joint degree, but not this one. I can't find any information on the TESU website indicating that it is a joint program in order to review what the Rutger's rules may be. Do you happen to know where I could find out more about the Rutgers/TESU joint process for this degree?
(03-13-2019, 12:14 AM)shadowgem Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 12:02 AM)dfrecore Wrote: This degree is a Rutgers degree, so I'm going to guess Rutgers rules apply.  So it's not able to be tested out of.

Thanks for pointing that out. I knew the BS Health Science one was a joint degree, but not this one. I can't find any information on the TESU website indicating that it is a joint program in order to review what the Rutger's rules may be. Do you happen to know where I could find out more about the Rutgers/TESU joint process for this degree?

Nope, I just read the website.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-13-2019, 12:18 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 12:14 AM)shadowgem Wrote:

Nope, I just read the website.

Rutgers website or TESU website? I am looking at the TESU website here Allied Health/Health Technology Programs. Are all of these programs Rutgers only degrees? I thought it was only the last 4 listed under the Rutgers Joint Degrees that were since it has a separate heading and application process for those four degree programs listed below.
https://www.tesu.edu/ast/programs/bshim

You're going to have to talk to someone at TESU, as I'm guessing no one here is going to know about this (since it's not able to be tested out of and that's mostly what we do here).
(03-13-2019, 08:34 AM)dfrecore Wrote: https://www.tesu.edu/ast/programs/bshim

You're going to have to talk to someone at TESU, as I'm guessing no one here is going to know about this (since it's not able to be tested out of and that's mostly what we do here).

That's an entirely different degree program, BS Health Information Management which may explain the confusion. I'm so sorry I goofed up and somehow typed Information instead of Health in my OP. Clearly I need more sleep these days lol Is there anyway to edit my original forum post/title?

Let me try this again:

I am interested in the BS Health Services Technology degree. According to both the TESU Hybrid Approach and the Allied Health/Health Technology Programs TESU web pages, the BS HST is not part of the Rutgers joint degrees. Rutgers does not offer a BS HST according to their website either. That's why I thought it may be possible to "test out" of the AOS at TESU.

For the Heath Services Technology AOS, it requires:

A. Professional Health - A minimum of 3SH must be UL. (not 100% sure what would work here if anything)
UL - Required 3 SH
LL/UL - need 27 SH
* I do know that on my husband's BS Tech Degree both the science of nutrition (BIO-208) and pathophysiology (BIO-216) came in under Health Studies, which is why i was hoping courses coded as BIO (Biology), HEA (Health), PNU (Nursing), HCM (Healthcare Management) and possibly PUA (Public Auditing) could potentially be used to completed the Professional Health portion of the AOS. If that was the case, it would appear SDC offers many LL/UL courses that would allow this degree to be tested out of. 

B. Professional Electives - A minimum of 6SH must be UL. (can come from a variety of subjects such as Management, Accounting, Marketing and Leadership)
UL - Required 6 SH
LL/UL - need 6 SH

If this degree isn't test outable, would the Excelsior BS Health Sciences or COSC be a better option maybe? I know the Information Lit can be tested out of with Davar. Pharmocology II is no longer offered by SL though. And I think it requires 30UL credit which I'm not sure there are that many or any test/alternative options that meet the degree requirements they list. I'm not very familiar with either of these schools, which is why I was considering TESU instead.
Thread title fixed as requested by OP. Smile
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Thank you Merlin.

Just a quick update. 

After extensive reviewing of all the alternative course options with Academic Advising, I finally have a plan of which course options should work to meet the program requirements...yay! And fortunately it does appear that this degree could be fully tested out of using alternative course options with the exception of the Cornerstone and Capstone.  Smile
Congrats on getting it all planned out!

If you would be so kind as to post what courses are being used for what to test out of this degree, we will be able to advise future members who elect to pursue this degree.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,323 9 hours ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 526 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 453 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 478 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 278 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27