Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU | BS IT | Accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET
Is TESU- BS accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET? 

Do we need to worry about ABET accreditation for IT degrees? 
------------------

It does not appear to be accredited. Here are the programs at TESU that are: http://main.abet.org/aps/AccreditedProgr...ProgramIDs=. ABET also has an (incomplete!) list of online programs here: https://www.abet.org/accreditation/find-programs/.

ABET is useful for the rare government job, or if you're an engineer planning on moving somewhere where you need to be licensed (like Canada), but typically it doesn't matter at all for IT/CS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes midnighttoil's post:
  • akr680
Here's the very short answer: No and No. Basically midnighttoil explained it how i would... Essentially, if you are going for a graduate degree from an Ivy school OR an ABET masters, the prereq is an ABET bachelors - in rare cases, they'll let people in without an ABET bachelors.

Anyways, because so many schools are available to choose from, many of them don't have the ABET recognition within their programs, their school accreditation and reputation is good enough to attract potential students and prospective employers. The ABET recognition is icing on the cake, it's not required for most career/industry positions except for Academia or Government.

Oh, and an FYI, if you really want an ABET Computing/IT degree, the only one from the Big 3 or WGU is at Excelsior. I don't think there are many courses that will transfer to that program, even the courses from Study.com - you'll have to dig deeper by emailing Excelsior. It was one of the programs that caught my eye, their BSIT (with concentrations such as Cybersecurity) and the Masters in IT (which is not ABET).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680
Thank you for the inputs. Now I got an Idea.
------------------

You should probably change the title from an announcement/statement format to a question - like "Is TEST BSIT Accredited by ABET?".
I almost got a heart attack reading the title :-)
[-] The following 1 user Likes msganti's post:
  • akr680
(10-06-2019, 01:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Here's the very short answer: No and No.   Basically midnighttoil explained it how i would...  Essentially, if you are going for a graduate degree from an Ivy school OR an ABET masters, the prereq is an ABET bachelors - in rare cases, they'll let people in without an ABET bachelors.  

Anyways, because so many schools are available to choose from, many of them don't have the ABET recognition within their programs, their school accreditation and reputation is good enough to attract potential students and prospective employers.  The ABET recognition is icing on the cake, it's not required for most career/industry positions except for Academia or Government.

Oh, and an FYI, if you really want an ABET Computing/IT degree, the only one from the Big 3 or WGU is at Excelsior.  I don't think there are many courses that will transfer to that program, even the courses from Study.com - you'll have to dig deeper by emailing Excelsior.  It was one of the programs that caught my eye, their BSIT (with concentrations such as Cybersecurity) and the Masters in IT (which is not ABET).

Hi bjcheung77, 

Last week, I had a call with "Program Advisor" and she TOLD that I can't do BSBA - CIS & BS IT.  

"There is a 9 credit maximum of overlap that you can have between the two-degree programs that they are both closely related. If possible please review the degree programs and select the degree program you would like to pursue."

I think then the same rule will apply for BS IT and BA CompSc too.

Please, advise.

Thanks
Ashok
------------------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 512 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 450 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 473 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,287 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,226 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 231 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 373 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 277 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27