Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU- BS NEET Degree plan help
Hello all,

I am looking for some help with coming up with a plan to complete the Nuclear Energy Engineering Technology at TESU. Originally I was going to just go for the Nuclear Engineering Technology degree but noticed that the NEET was ABET accredited for a couple more classes. Anywho, attached is an Excel of my TESU evaluation. I know some of these will have to be taken with TESU, but I am hoping that some of these can be taken elsewhere (study, straight, saylor, etc.) quickly and cheaper then going through TESU.

V/R
A Human.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Evaluation.xlsx (Size: 40.39 KB / Downloads: 15)
(04-24-2019, 11:31 AM)IamaHuman Wrote: Hello all,

I am looking for some help with coming up with a plan to complete the Nuclear Energy Engineering Technology at TESU. Originally I was going to just go for the Nuclear Engineering Technology degree but noticed that the NEET was ABET accredited for a couple more classes. Anywho, attached is an Excel of my TESU evaluation. I know some of these will have to be taken with TESU, but I am hoping that some of these can be taken elsewhere (study, straight, saylor, etc.) quickly and cheaper then going through TESU.

V/R
A Human.

I think you could get the ethics, civic engagement, and calculus I at Saylor.org for free (plus the proctor fees). It looks like you need the lab for chemistry (1 credit)? I think Straighterline let's you just order the lab credit, if that's what that is. I see the physics courses have the same problem, so that's weird. I think there's also a physics lab at Straighterline, but I'm not sure where to get the second lab credit (Physics lab 2). Calculus 2 is available at Straighterline, but I'm not sure if that transfers to TESU.

The technical classes like logic controllers, circuits, etc ... I think this has come up before and I don't know if anyone came up with an option outside of a community college course.

I'll mention that for Calculus I at Saylor, I was not able to follow it very well. I even bought the textbook off Amazon for $5 or so. I'm going to use the remaining days on my Study.com membership, but study calculus there, then take the Saylor.org course. If I don't pass, I might just buy an exam at Study.com at the last minute.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
Are you still active duty in the Navy?

(04-24-2019, 01:00 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Are you still active duty in the Navy?
Also, I'm guessing machinist mate since you didn't get any credit for electrical circuits?

See if they can waive the last credit under materials since you have 2 out of 3 credits there already.

You're right you can get the majority of the gen Eds completed quicker and cheaper via alternative methods.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(04-24-2019, 12:25 PM)udi Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 11:31 AM)IamaHuman Wrote: Hello all,

V/R
A Human.

I think you could get the ethics, civic engagement, and calculus I at Saylor.org for free (plus the proctor fees). It looks like you need the lab for chemistry (1 credit)? I think Straighterline let's you just order the lab credit, if that's what that is. I see the physics courses have the same problem, so that's weird. I think there's also a physics lab at Straighterline, but I'm not sure where to get the second lab credit (Physics lab 2). Calculus 2 is available at Straighterline, but I'm not sure if that transfers to TESU.

The technical classes like logic controllers, circuits, etc ... I think this has come up before and I don't know if anyone came up with an option outside of a community college course.

I'll mention that for Calculus I at Saylor, I was not able to follow it very well. I even bought the textbook off Amazon for $5 or so. I'm going to use the remaining days on my Study.com membership, but study calculus there, then take the Saylor.org course. If I don't pass, I might just buy an exam at Study.com at the last minute.

Thanks, I'll check out those courses over on Saylor. And yes, I do just need the labs for chem and physics.

(04-24-2019, 01:00 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Are you still active duty in the Navy?

Also, I'm guessing machinist mate since you didn't get any credit for electrical circuits?

See if they can waive the last credit under materials since you have 2 out of 3 credits there already.

You're right you can get the majority of the gen Eds completed quicker and cheaper via alternative methods.

No, I did my 6 and out as a ETN. I didn't see the electrical circuits in the TESU eval but I think the one I had from Excelsior had them listed as duplicate courses for the Elec Sys troubleshoot.
I'll bring up the ac/dc circuitry and materials portion when I talk with the counselor. Didn't even think of asking for things to be waived. "What's the worst that can happen, they say no? "

Another question, does anyone know if TESU accept any certs from comptia or ec-council?
I was a 6 and out MM.

That's strange they didn't evaluate you for electrical theory... Oh well you can knock out DC circuits through TESU pretty easily. I passed with flying colors as an MM.

You can take CLEPs for free through modern states.org

For calculus 1 you can use study.com, straighterline, saylor, CLEP. You may need to do some independent studying beyond those sources to make sure you're adequately prepared for calculus 2(which you can take via straighterline).

Sos110 has to be taken at TESU

Ethics you can knock out in a day or so via Texas engineering extension service with their FREE, quick, simple Cyber ethics course.

Civic engagement can be done with American government (Clep, study.com, etc.) Or comparative politics via saylor

Physics 2 lab your best bet is tesu.

You can take any simple programming course from study.com, onlinedegree.com, or straighterline.

NUC 490 and 495 obviously have to be done via TESU
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 3 83 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 16 175 7 hours ago
Last Post: walruspanda
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 7 255 Yesterday, 12:01 AM
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,469 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,844 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 170 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 277 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 946 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 8 182 03-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Piwi737
  IT Degree Options Advice theredwallflower 4 555 03-23-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: theredwallflower