Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU: BS Organizational Leadership - Need planning help
I am just now learning about this approach to finishing a degree, and after searching around I've become interested in TESU Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership.   I have some credits from a state college including:

ENG 111 English Comp              3.0 
ENG112  English Comp              3.0
SPCH 101 Interpersonal             3.0
FLAS111  First YR spanish         3.0
HPWE116 Intermediate golf        1.0
SPCH102  Speechmaking           3.0
THEA141 Theatre Appreciation   3.0
BUGB21 Buiness Comm             3.0
---------------------------------------------------
TOTAL RA CREDIT                     22.0

Then I have finished these on Sophia:

College readiness 
Essentials of managing conflict
Intro to business
developing effective teams
ancient greek philosophers
approaches to studying world religions
Intro to information technology
microeconomics
macroeconomics
-----------------------------------------------------
Total                                                23.0

I understand that a couple of these will prove useless in my mission here, but if I could get some help putting together the most efficient and cost effective plan to pursue this degree I would be most grateful.  

Thank you! 

Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership Credit Distribution
Subject Category
CreditsI. General Education Requirements
A. Intellectual and Practical Skills
  • Written Communication
[size=undefined]
(6)[/size]
  • Oral Communication
[size=undefined]
(3)[/size]
  • Quantitative Literacy
[size=undefined]
(3)[/size]
  • Information Literacy
    SOS-110: Critical Information Literacy
[size=undefined]
(3)
B. Civic and Global Learning
9[/size]
  • Diversity
[size=undefined]
(3)[/size]
  • Ethics
[size=undefined]
(3)[/size]
  • Civic Engagement
[size=undefined]
(3)
C. Knowledge of Human Cultures
D. Understanding the Physical and Natural World
4-7
E. Mathematics
F. General Education Electives
17-20
II. Leadership Foundations
A. Organizational Behavior (MAN-311)
B. Foundations of Leadership (LDR-305)
C. Leading Organizational Change
D. Leadership Communication (MAN-376)
III. Advanced Leadership: Areas of Specialization
A. Select 4 courses from the following:[/size]
  • Change Management (MAN-415)
  • Project Management (MAN-435)
  • Advanced Organizational Management (MAN-425)
  • Principles of Management (MAN-301)
  • Leadership in the Global Environment (LDR-422)
  • Nonprofit Leadership (LDR-419)
  • Leaders in History (LDR-324)
[size=undefined]
B. Additional Advanced Leadership Electives
C. Leadership Practicum (LDR-435)
IV. Supportive Leadership Courses
12[/size]
  • Economics
  • Business/Managerial Communications
  • Organizational Theory
  • Computer Concepts
[size=undefined]
(3)
(3)
(3)
(3)

V. Business Electives
VI. Electives
Total Credits
120[/size]
You'd need at least one more RA class to bring your total up to at least 24 to get any degree at TESU. Suggestions for doing this are here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

Unfortunately, it is not possible to get a degree in Organizational Leadership (almost entirely) through alternate means. You'd have to take a number of courses from TESU itself in order to complete your degree. The ones below that are listed as "unavailable" would likely need to be taken directly from TESU. I didn't even do the full AOS. Perhaps a BSBA would be a better choice?

Organizational Behavior (MAN-311) - MAN-310 Organizational Behavior @ Davar Academy
Foundations of Leadership (LDR-305) - Business 302: Foundations fo Leadership @ Study.com
Leading Organizational Change - Business 304: Leading Organizational Change @ Study.com
Leadership Communication (MAN-376) - Unavailable

4 of:
  • Change Management (MAN-415) - Unavailable
  • Project Management (MAN-435) - Unavailable
  • Advanced Organizational Management (MAN-425) - Unavailable
  • Principles of Management (MAN-301) - MAN-101 Principles of Management @ Davar Academy
  • Leadership in the Global Environment (LDR-422) - Unavailable
  • Nonprofit Leadership  (LDR-419) - Unavailable
  • Leaders in History (LDR-324) - Unavailable
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Robbiej
MAN-435 is available from SDC.

Your larger point still remains. I think there's a lot of trailblazing you'd have to do to find out how to complete this (if it's even possible) through alternative means.

I would suggest as a starting point:

II. Leadership Foundations
Organizational Behavior - Business 107 @ SDC (MAN-212)
Foundations of Leadership - Business 302 @ SDC (LDR-305)
Leading Organizational Change - Business 304 @ SDC (LDR-345)
Leadership Communication - Business 305 @ SDC (MAN-376)

III. AoS
4 of:
Project Management - Business 311 @ SDC (MAN-435)
Advanced Organizational Management - Business 307 @ SDC (MAN-312) Maybe?
Principles of Management - Business 101 @ SDC (MAN-210)
Leadership in the Global Environment - Business 308 @ SDC (MAN-372) Maybe?

Additional Electives
Principles of Supervision - Business 111 @ SDC (MAN-200)
Foundations of Leadership - Business 302 @ SDC (LDR-305)
Managerial Communication - Business 324 @ SDC (MAN-373)

Capstone @ TESU

IV. Supportive Leadership Courses
Micro or Macroeconomics @ Sophia - (ECO-111/112)
Business Communications - Business 113 @ SDC (COM-202)
Organizational Theory - Business 323 @ SDC (PSY-360)
Computer Concepts - Introduction to IT @ Sophia (COS-107)

V. Business Electives
Two Business Courses from Sophia (The other economics, Principles of Finance, Business Law, etc)

I am not an expert, and you should get courses preapproved before going down this path.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • Robbiej
Here's what I put together for you. I went heavy on Sophia and SDC. This is the first time I've put together a plan for anyone besides myself, so 100% take all of this with a giant heaping of salt.

The courses I'm most unsure of are 3 of the AoS from SDC: MAN-312, MAN-372, HRM-241.

You also need to do 2 additional credits as RA. You might want to take one of the AOS classes at TESU, or take one of the many RA options (TEL for example).

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BS Organizational Leadership Robbiej.xlsx (Size: 13.81 KB / Downloads: 16)

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
  • Robbiej
This is not a degree you can do via alternative credits.  There is only 1 course available out of the 3 that you need for electives inexpensively (section A).  Then in Section B, I have no idea what you could use there.

Way too expensive to do.

(12-22-2020, 11:39 AM)Flelm Wrote: Here's what I put together for you. I went heavy on Sophia and SDC. This is the first time I've put together a plan for anyone besides myself, so 100% take all of this with a giant heaping of salt.

The courses I'm most unsure of are 3 of the AoS from SDC: MAN-312, MAN-372, HRM-241.

You also need to do 2 additional credits as RA. You might want to take one of the AOS classes at TESU, or take one of the many RA options (TEL for example).

You cannot use the courses you used in the sections A & B for this degree - there are specific ones they list.  For Advanced Leadership, no way will they take Principles of Supervision (that's not advanced), the Mentoring course is LL, and Managerial Comm is probably not Leadership.  Davar's Prin of Mgmt is LL, so that won't work.

It's just not a degree you can do at TESU inexpensively.
===================================

I could suggest a BALS with an OL cert instead.  That can be done entirely via alt-credit (with 24cr of RA of course).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Robbiej
I defer to the experts here. If they say it's not cost effective they're almost certainly correct.

• Robbiej
BALS w/Org Leadership Cert:

CERTIFICATE IN ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP (18CR, 9CR MUST BE UL) - all using Study.com courses
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAN-210 PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT BUS 101: Principles of Management
LDR-305 FOUNDATIONS OF LEADERSHIP BUS 302: Foundations of Leadership UL
MAN-212 ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR BUS 107: Organizational Behavior can be used in BALS AOS
LDR-345 LEADING ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE BUS 304: Leading Organizational Change UL
MAN-376 LEADERSHIP COMMUNICATION BUS 305: Leadership Communication can be used in BALS AOS UL
MAN-435 PROJECT MANAGEMENT BUS 311: Project Management UL
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • amberwalk, Robbiej
Instead of a BALS, you might want to consider a BSBA. I think HRM is possible via alternate means? Otherwise, General Management might be what you're looking for.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Robbiej
After reviewing a few things, I still don't think it's out of the question. You'd still probably have to take 4 or 5 total courses at TESU, which you might consider instead of the residency waiver. It's still not inexpensive.

Leadership Foundations is entirely through Study.com.
For section A of the Area of Study, SDC has Project Management, and I can't imagine they wouldn't take lower-level Principles of Management as well from SDC or Davar. That leaves 2 out of the 4 you need to take at TESU.

For section B, you have Advanced Organizational Behavior, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, and possibly Management Ethics from SDC. I base these courses on the course options listed for the BS in Professional Studies.

Again, almost certainly not cost effective. But if you really want this degree I think there's a path there. BSBA is probably your backup plan if this doesn't work. If you're going to apply to TESU, you might as well have them do both evaluations, and see if they'll pre-plan/approve any of these courses.

• Robbiej
(12-22-2020, 12:51 PM)Flelm Wrote: After reviewing a few things, I still don't think it's out of the question. You'd still probably have to take 4 or 5 total courses at TESU, which you might consider instead of the residency waiver. It's still not inexpensive.

Leadership Foundations is entirely through Study.com.
For section A of the Area of Study, SDC has Project Management, and I can't imagine they wouldn't take lower-level Principles of Management as well from SDC or Davar. That leaves 2 out of the 4 you need to take at TESU.

For section B, you have Advanced Organizational Behavior, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, and possibly Management Ethics from SDC. I base these courses on the course options listed for the BS in Professional Studies.

Again, almost certainly not cost effective. But if you really want this degree I think there's a path there. BSBA is probably your backup plan if this doesn't work. If you're going to apply to TESU, you might as well have them do both evaluations, and see if they'll pre-plan/approve any of these courses.

I would definitely want to get courses pre-approved.  Unfortunately, I don't think the courses you listed are "advanced leadership."  They are business-related, and management-related, but not necessarily leadership-related (TESU has a prefix for leadership, LDR).

But it's certainly worth asking about.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Robbiej

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 78 04-23-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BS IT - TESU or Purdue ChickenEnjoyer 1 76 04-23-2024, 11:36 AM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,554 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 124 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,092 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 256 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,210 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 206 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 614 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM
  Degree planning advice, fastest way, need help Bikingrox211 19 1,359 04-06-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211