Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BS plan for remaining courses?
Hi, I am looking to select where to take the remaining courses I have at TESU. I checked some sample Degree Plans. The degree is Bachelor of Science (Aviation Flight Technology). I am looking for most convenient and cost efficient way to finish the courses as I am working full-time and most likely self-sponsoring everything. I will speak with an academic advisor next week to review the plan and confirm the courses will transfer.

I would be glad to hear if you have suggestions for course providers, I have written in bold what I think would be the preferred provider:

SOS-110 Critical Information Literacy (3) TESU
APS-401 Current Trends and Applications (3) TESU
EAS-131 Introduction to Meteorology (3) TECEP exam
MAT-121 College Algebra (3) Sophia, Straighterline
PHY-128 Physics I Lab (1) Straighterline
PHY-116 Physics II with Lab (4) TESU? (Study.com has PHY-112 without Lab? then only Lab with TESU)

ETHICAL LEADERSHIP
Select one course under Ethical Leadership
ETH-230: Ethics in the Digital Age (3) Sophia this course or something else?

SOCIAL SCIENCES
Select one course under Social Sciences
(need only 1.5 credit hours, most likely doing Introductory Psychology CLEP)

HIGHER LEVEL MATHEMATICS
Select one Math course from Quantitative Literacy
(could select Precalculus MAT-129 (3) Straighterline, study.com
or
Calculus I MAT-231 (3) Straighterline
don't want to CLEP mathematics)

Thanks!
Are you wanting to avoid paying the waiver or are you okay with paying the waiver? If you don't take at least 16 credits from TESU, there is a residency waiver fee of $3192.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
From the looks of things - in your previous thread https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...lan-urgent , you may have enough foreign/RA credits to meet the 30 RA requirements (if they take the Foreign credits as RA equivalent).  I also would recommend the 16 residency credits to get the rest of your required courses, so instead of TECEPS, look at E-Packs here: https://www2.tesu.edu/listallc.php?type=EP

Oh, and instead of CLEP/StraighterLine/Sophia.org or whatever exams/courses you're thinking of, go for the E-Packs as I mentioned instead to get the 16 residency requirements
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
SOS-110 Critical Information Literacy (3) TESU (cornerstone)
APS-401 Current Trends and Applications (3) TESU (capstone)

EAS-131 Introduction to Meteorology (3) TECEP exam, Study.com
MAT-121 College Algebra (3) Sophia, Straighterline
PHY-128 Physics I Lab (1) Straighterline
PHY-116 Physics II with Lab (4) TESU? (Study.com has PHY-112 without Lab? then only Lab with TESU)

ETHICAL LEADERSHIP
Select one course under Ethical Leadership
ETH-230: Ethics in the Digital Age (3) Sophia this course or something else? Take any Ethics course you want

SOCIAL SCIENCES
Select one course under Social Sciences
(need only 1.5 credit hours, most likely doing Introductory Psychology CLEP)

HIGHER LEVEL MATHEMATICS
Select one Math course from Quantitative Literacy - Sophia doesn't have Precalc, Study.com does though
(could select Precalculus MAT-129 (3) Sophia, Straighterline
or
Calculus I MAT-231 (3) Straighterline
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-14-2022, 10:42 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Are you wanting to avoid paying the waiver or are you okay with paying the waiver? If you don't take at least 16 credits from TESU, there is a residency waiver fee of $3192.

Thanks, I’m aware of the waiver fee below 16 credits, and looks like I’ll be paying it. Also the TECEP exam doesn’t count toward TESU credits.

(05-14-2022, 11:38 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: From the looks of things - in your previous thread https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...lan-urgent , you may have enough foreign/RA credits to meet the 30 RA requirements (if they take the Foreign credits as RA equivalent).  I also would recommend the 16 residency credits to get the rest of your required courses, so instead of TECEPS, look at E-Packs here: https://www2.tesu.edu/listallc.php?type=EP

Oh, and instead of CLEP/StraighterLine/Sophia.org or whatever exams/courses you're thinking of, go for the E-Packs as I mentioned instead to get the 16 residency requirements

Thanks. Yes I meet the RA credit requirement, just finished 4 courses at another US university that’ll transfer. I will look into the E-Packs - I didn’t consider them yet!

(05-14-2022, 12:33 PM)dfrecore Wrote: HIGHER LEVEL MATHEMATICS
Select one Math course from Quantitative Literacy - Sophia doesn't have Precalc, Study.com does though
(could select Precalculus MAT-129 (3) Sophia, Straighterline
or
Calculus I MAT-231 (3) Straighterline

Thanks, I typoed: meant to write Straighterline there. Corrected now.
One more thing: should I take Precalculus MAT-129 at study.com (Math 103), or at Straighterline (MAT201)? I’m reading mixed reviews on both. Priority is time efficient completion, but also the user/learning experience. For what it’s worth, I’m already going to take courses at both providers (Physics I Lab and Physics II course), so will be subscribed at both in any case. Thanks!
Another option is ALEKS, they also have Precalculus and it's even more inexpensive! Link: https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...65f38bf0e1

And then there is this CSM course (see if it would be allowed into your degree program, it's non-proctored and inexpensive as well): https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a33232a
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • tumppi
I used ALEKS on my Statistics course earlier and liked it. According to what I read however, it might not transfer since I already finished College Algebra at Sophia - they overlap or so, I guess.
Stats and Algebra don't overlap. If you did Algebra & Algebra, they would.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(06-29-2022, 05:52 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Stats and Algebra don't overlap. If you did Algebra & Algebra, they would.

I did not mean Stats and Algebra would overlap, but College Algebra + Precalculus. "*Students cannot receive ACE credit for both of the courses in the following combinations: College Algebra and PreCalculus"

https://www.aleks.com/about_aleks/ace_credit

However, I think this would only be an issue if I did both College Algebra and Precalculus at ALEKS? I did College Algebra already at Sophia.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 292 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 8 182 03-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Piwi737
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 411 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  UMPI plan iggym32 3 215 03-20-2024, 05:52 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 372 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Interim & Future Plan - Machine Learning mweichert 6 344 03-18-2024, 03:45 AM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 785 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 854 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  Feedback Request on Degree Plan: UMPI BA in Project Management FM1 23 1,577 03-14-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: skite
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 629 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts