Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA Accounting -International Student back to college for US Degree Equivalency
A Short bio of self - I am an Indian Origin international student seeking US Equivalency for my Foreign Degree.
This started as a requirement when I wanted to pursue my CPA and was rejected for admission due to inadequacy in college credits. Having a career in Accounting for more than 6 years in my home country, with the same education credentials, this was a hard blow. I have a 3 years bachelors and a professional diploma in Accounting.

I am currently unemployed, SAH mom. I want to pursue studies and take up job in the near future.
Though initially dejected, I decided to find out the simplest ways to earn additional credits.
Google search led me to the Big 3s and this forum.
I am currently registered with TESU and they have given me 62 credits for my 3 years Indian Bachelors. 
I have fullfilled most of the Core and Area of Study requirements but have to take up most General Education Courses.
This forum has been immense help in shedding light on all the pathways for earning credit.
I have initiated a degree plan and have my first appointment with the TESU advisors.
Will seek the advise of the members in planning my degree and post my experience too.
Thanks to all the members, your posts have helped me immensely. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes contactuj's post:
  • davewill
Good luck to you! This forum is a great help.

My wife followed similar path years ago, except her Ukrainian degree was 5 years and had more than enough credits. However, it was in Management - so she had most of the Gen Ed and core courses satisfied and needed almost all Area of Study courses (Cost Accounting and Intermediate and up). Excelsior College, BS Accounting CPA Track.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stanislav's post:
  • contactuj
Did you get an international eval from a company like WES? If so, you can post what credits there are on there, and we can help with a degree plan.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@Stanlisav... Thank you! to know that there are people like me out there who did it successfully, gives me a boost!

@dfrecore - Yes. I got my International Degree evaluated. I didnt go with WES but went with SDR Consultants(TESU approved). They complete the evaluation based on the Original Transcripts. With WES, we have to give them the Official Transcripts(attested transcript from the university/institution in sealed cover). It was easy for me as the evaluation consultant is located in the city I live and I could drop-in and get my Original Transcripts scanned and bring it back with me. Getting Official Transcripts from India took time and arrived only after my evaluation was completed. I am posting this information here so that it might help someone looking for evalauation.
They gave me 120 credits in all, TESU has applied it like this:- file attached
some credits remain unutilised in the degree(credits available as per TESU but cannot be applied)
- HIN-101(4SH),  STA-201(4SH),  MAN-203(4SH),  ACC-303(4SH),  ACC-411(4SH), ECO-332(4 SH) ACC-401(6 SH) ACC-415(6 SH) ACC-304(6 SH) BUS-199(4 SH) LAW-199(4 SH) LAW-199(4 SH) SES-331(4 SH) LAW-199(6 SH) LAW-242(6 SH) CMP-300(6 SH) ACC-199(4 SH)
Is there any way in which I can appeal to apply these to my degree plan?

Attached Files
.xlsx   BSBA Accounting 2019.xlsx (Size: 12.89 KB / Downloads: 22)
You can appeal transfer decisions. The procedure is here:

https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/p...guidelines

I wonder if the issue is that they want accounting and law courses taught from a U.S. perspective. Anyway, if nothing else, appealing may get you a reason why.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • contactuj
(04-03-2019, 05:34 PM)contactuj Wrote: @Stanlisav... Thank you! to know that there are people like me out there who did it successfully, gives me a boost!

@dfrecore - Yes. I got my International Degree evaluated. I didnt go with WES but went with SDR Consultants(TESU approved). They complete the evaluation based on the Original Transcripts. With WES, we have to give them the Official Transcripts(attested transcript from the university/institution in sealed cover). It was easy for me as the evaluation consultant is located in the city I live and I could drop-in and get my Original Transcripts scanned and bring it back with me. Getting Official Transcripts from India took time and arrived only after my evaluation was completed. I am posting this information here so that it might help someone looking for evalauation.
They gave me 120 credits in all, TESU has applied it like this:- file attached
some credits remain unutilised in the degree(credits available as per TESU but cannot be applied)
- HIN-101(4SH),  STA-201(4SH),  MAN-203(4SH),  ACC-303(4SH),  ACC-411(4SH), ECO-332(4 SH) ACC-401(6 SH) ACC-415(6 SH) ACC-304(6 SH) BUS-199(4 SH) LAW-199(4 SH) LAW-199(4 SH) SES-331(4 SH) LAW-199(6 SH) LAW-242(6 SH) CMP-300(6 SH) ACC-199(4 SH)
Is there any way in which I can appeal to apply these to my degree plan?

Hi @contactuj - I did my bachelors in business administration, Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and DOEACC 'A' Level - advance diploma course in Computer Application (http://beta.nielit.gov.in/chuchuyimlang/content/level-2) from India. I got Course by Course evaluation report from ECE and they didn't accept DOEACC A Level. I am planning to apply SDR Consultants based on your review. Are they good?

I am planning to apply TESU BSBA in Operation management / Computer Information Systems or MS - Information Technology Management from WGU.

Have you taken IELTS? I took IELTS General (7.0) and TESU accepts that.
------------------

@davewill.. Thank you! I did check with the academic advising, they have asked for the syllabus. Will send them and wait for their reply.

@akr680 ..SDR Consultants were good. I didnt face any problem as such.
However there was a minor delay from their side in sending the evaluations to the university as they had missed my e mail.
IELTS / TOEFL is required for graduate admission only. But I did write TOEFL as I was hoping to get admission to graduate school directly.
Thanks for the details
------------------

(04-05-2019, 03:49 PM)contactuj Wrote: @davewill.. Thank you! I did check with the academic advising, they have asked for the syllabus. Will send them and wait for their reply.

However there was a minor delay from their side in sending the evaluations to the university as they had missed my e mail.
IELTS / TOEFL is required for graduate admission only. But I did write TOEFL as I was hoping to get admission to graduate school directly.
IELTS/TOEFL is a requirement for any level of education in the US- Undergrad or Grad- if you happen to be from a country where English is not the first language. If you submit your TOEFL scores to TESU or WGU now for your undergrad degree, you might not be required to submit it again for your graduate school admission. These English language tests are primarily for anyone ‘entering’ the US education system from another country.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(04-05-2019, 08:18 PM)Supermind Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 03:49 PM)contactuj Wrote: @davewill.. Thank you! I did check with the academic advising, they have asked for the syllabus. Will send them and wait for their reply.

IELTS/TOEFL is a requirement for any level of education in the US- Undergrad or Grad- if you happen to be from a country where English is not the first language. If you submit your TOEFL scores to TESU or WGU now for your undergrad degree, you might not be required to submit it again for your graduate school admission. These English language tests are primarily for anyone ‘entering’ the US education system from another country.
TESU didnt ask me for TOEFL scores when I applied for BSBA last month. 
I havent enrolled in any course yet. Could that be the reason? 
I have a 90 in TOEFL. My score expires in August. 
Its interesting to note that I might not be asked to submit it at the time of grad school admission.
Let me send an email, get clariifed and update here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 279 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 236 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 266 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 236 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger