Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA CAPSTONE BUS-421 SYLLABUS
Hi all,

So I will register for BUS-421 for next term. I have a few weeks off from school the rest of this month and I would like to take a look at the syllabus beforehand, specially the assignments and the final project. Basically I want to prepare before the semester starts. If this is illegal, please advise and I will stand down. I want to see the written assignment requirements and the final project requirement. I'm assuming the assignments and final project have been the same the last few terms.. any help, is greatly appreciated.
Have you asked TESU for the syllabus for the course? Schools typically provide the syllabus, its no secret, in fact its shown what's included in the course for prospective students. Reading the primary textbook would be helpful. I would suggest buying the textbook now and begin reading, making notes of the textbook and reading again when the course officially starts.
The course has 7 case studies, a final project, weekly discussions and mid-term exam which includes 10 quizzes and 4 essays.
There is a preview copy of the syllabus here: https://www2.tesu.edu/course.php?CourseCode=BUS-421&sem=

I know they changed the course a few semesters ago. And every semester sure it varies slightly.

The best way to prepare without much knowledge would to look through th textbook.
The preview copy of the syllabus doesn't show everything; I did not receive the "final" syllabus with the assignments and due dates until a couple of days before the course started, directly from the instructor.

Nevertheless, your best bet is to read the textbook and take notes. Since you don't have the assignments, there's no way to know if they will be the same as previous classes, nor do you want to do them until you get feedback from your instructor.

My best tip: get a good calendar system, and set aside plenty of time each week to reading/notes, doing the assignments/posts, and case studies - ON TIME. Set up your midterm early, and set aside time to study for it. And start your final paper early - as soon as you're done with the midterm. Don't spend too much time thinking about which one of the 3 options you want to do, just throw a dart at it and go with that one. You'll hate whatever you choose by the end of writing the paper no matter which one you pick.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • alab21
(12-02-2019, 05:17 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The preview copy of the syllabus doesn't show everything; I did not receive the "final" syllabus with the assignments and due dates until a couple of days before the course started, directly from the instructor.

Nevertheless, your best bet is to read the textbook and take notes.  Since you don't have the assignments, there's no way to know if they will be the same as previous classes, nor do you want to do them until you get feedback from your instructor.

My best tip: get a good calendar system, and set aside plenty of time each week to reading/notes, doing the assignments/posts, and case studies - ON TIME.  Set up your midterm early, and set aside time to study for it.  And start your final paper early - as soon as you're done with the midterm.  Don't spend too much time thinking about which one of the 3 options you want to do, just throw a dart at it and go with that one.  You'll hate whatever you choose by the end of writing the paper no matter which one you pick.

I concur with the above particularly the bit about reading ahead and taking notes. You'll need to read every chapter during the course, so you might as well start reading early and take good notes. You'll also be examing several of the case studies, but you won't know which ones until the instructor sends the syllabus to you. So I wouldn't bother with reading through those until you get your assignments... just focus on the main textbook chapters.

In my case, I had already read the first 5 chapters of the text before starting the class. I'm glad I did since the course throws a lot of stuff at you really quickly in the first few weeks; this is intended to weed out the people who aren't ready I expect. Personally, I would probably not have had time to do as good of a job with my note-taking had I not started early. Plus, while everyone else was reading and working through the first few chapters, I was reading ahead to the middle and end of the book so I could complete assignments weeks in advance. This was important to me since I didn't want to get behind since I was working on my capstone through the winter holidays and was doing a lot of traveling. I ended up completing everything a month early, so I ended up with a month off at the end.

Personally, I enjoyed my final project. I put a lot of work into it and I liked the end result. So did my instructor... in fact, he commended me on it. But I probably was able to do so well because I didn't have to rush. Start working ahead now, you won't regret it.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • alab21

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 722 26 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 361 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 271 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy