Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major favor to ask any TESU student
I am currently working on a BSBA in International Business for TESU, but I'm not a student there yet because of financial reasons and also because I am only 81 hours in. I called up the office of Admissions at TESU for answers for the AOS Electives, which include:
    • International Monetary Systems
    • International Transportation
    • Import-Export Management
    • Law and Multinational Business
    • Management of Foreign Operations
    • Multinational Entry Strategies.
    I asked if there were alternatives to getting these credits and the lady told me that she wasn't able to answer any of my questions about them if I wasn't a student. Ultimately, I know that I'm going to have to take the Capstone class and the Information Literacy classes with TESU, but I'd like to see if there is a way to get these elective credits through Study.com, Saylor, or Straighterline. Since the only way to get answers for these question is by being a student, my request is for a student of TESU to ask if any of these electives can be fulfilled from an outside ACE course or CLEP. Thank you for your help!
See you out there, Space Cowboy...
I don't think this degree is very test-out friendly. Do you have a degree plan?
Check out Study.com's transfer list @ https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html
The only known international Business courses:

Study.com
Study.com Business 120: International Business to TESU as MAN-271 International Business and Management
Study.com Business 308: Globalization & International Management to TESU as MAN-372 International Management
Study.com Finance 302: International Finance to TESU as FIN-344 International Finance
Study.com Marketing 303: Global Marketing to TESU as MAR-451 International Marketing (Equivalency Only)

Davar (these are the same as study.com so just choose one or the other)
FIN-310 Multinational Business Finance to TESU as FIN-344 International Finance
MAN-330 International Management to TESU as MAN-372 International Management

What to Take (always confirm with TESU before doing anything)
Business Core requirement of international business: either business in society TECEP, study.com 120 or 308

Area of Study:
Introduction to International Business: study.com 120 or 308
Choose one of the following: International Economics, International Finance or International Marketing: Study.com 302, Davar 310 or maybe study.com 303

Electives:
International Accounting
International Monetary Systems
International Transportation
Import-Export Management
Law and Multinational Business
Management of Foreign Operations
Multinational Entry Strategies

For these I am not sure if any would count check any of the above courses listed that you have not used yet in other requirements.
Remember you can't double dip a requirement you can only count a class once thats why I suggest using the TECEP for international business in the core

Another thing to consider is you save $2800 and don't have to pay the residency fee if you take 16 credits at TESU. So if might be worth it to take the rest at TESU if they offer them.
General Education Completed list:
Written Communication (6) - English Comp I & II (Local Community College)
Oral Communication (3) - Public Speaking (Study.com)
Quantitative Literacy (3) - College Algebra (Study.com)
Currently missing Information Literacy for 3 credit hours

Diversity (3) - Intro to Sociology (Local Community College)
Ethics (3) - Business Ethics (Study.com)
Civil Engagement (3) - American Government (Shmoop)

Knowledge of Human Cultures (9) -
World Geography (Study.com) - 3
World Religions (Study.com) - 3
Organizational Behavior (Study.com) - 3

Understanding Physical and Natural world (6)
AP Biology (AP) - 3
Anatomy and Physiology (Study.com) - 3

Mathematics - AP Statistics - (AP) - 3

Electives 6 credit hours completed with 11 more needed
Intro to Humanities - 3 (Study.com)
Interpersonal Communications - 3 (Study.com)

Business Core:
Financial Accounting - 3 (Study.com)
Managerial Accounting - 3 (Study.com)
Business Law - 3 (Study.com)
Principles of Management - 3 (Study.com)
Computer Concepts and Applications - 3 (Study.com)
Introduction to Marketing - 3 (Shmoop)
Principles of Finance - 3 (Study.com)
NOT YET COMPLETE International Management required for 3 credit hours (currently working)
Macroeconomics - 3 (Study.com)
Microeconomics - 3 (Study.com)
Managerial Communications - 3 (Study.com)
NOT YET COMPLETE Strategic Management required for 3 credit hours (will work next)

AOS:
Introduction to International Business - 3 (Study.com)
International Finance - 3 (Study.com)

NOT YET COMPLETE AOS Electives 12 hours from list
Electives
  • International AccountingInternational Monetary SystemsInternational TransportationImport-Export ManagementLaw and Multinational BusinessManagement of Foreign OperationsMultinational Entry Strategies
NOT YET COMPLETE 6 more free elective credits.

So, in total, I have completed 81 hours and I know for sure that I can easily complete everything but the 16 hours that include Information Literacy, The Capstone requirement, and the 12 AOS Electives. My question was for the 12 AOS Electives, is there a program or alternative way to get ACE other than taking the courses at TESU? Thank you for any help offered.
See you out there, Space Cowboy...
(09-11-2019, 10:21 AM)DarthArbiter00 Wrote: I am currently working on a BSBA in International Business for TESU, but I'm not a student there yet because of financial reasons and also because I am only 81 hours in. ...

I would suggest going ahead and applying. It only costs you the $50 application fee, and gets you access to advising. Unfortunately, even if you do, advising isn't going to help you with finding ACE credits. They will only suggest TESU courses, or answer questions about specific courses you want to transfer in. If you want to put off taking the cornerstone to enroll, that's OK, you have a year from applying to do that.

TESU can't be trusted not to change the rules on you, and it's important to lock things down as much as you can.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
There area few AOS for the BSBA that aren't as test out friendly, such as Entrepreneurship and International Business. My question to you is, what's your budget and career/educational goal after getting your degree? Are you going for a Masters/Graduate certificates? What is the main goal of this degree? Will another BSBA AOS work for you?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
TESU does not take Shmoop

You cannot transfer in Strategic Management it is the Capstone

Are you located in the US?  OnlineDegree ($9 proctoring only) has a few options that would make up your Shmoop losses, also your Electives credits you can earn for free credits available. as the BSBA only allows for 6 credits.

The Required Gen Eds for the BSBA are very specifc; (https://www.tesu.edu/business/bsba/inter...l-business) the way you have it written down here is as if you're trying to fill the slots with 'anything' gen ed related.  I also want to point out that to meet the requirement for Information Literacy you need to take the Cornerstone directly through TESU now (SOS-110: Critical Information Literacy).  Are you working off a TESU BSBA spreadsheet? - if you're not you really should. bjcheung77 has one available through the link in the reply on this thread.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(09-11-2019, 12:17 PM)DarthArbiter00 Wrote: General Education Completed list:
Written Communication (6) - English Comp I & II (Local Community College)
Oral Communication (3) - Public Speaking (Study.com)
Quantitative Literacy (3) - College Algebra (Study.com)
Currently missing Information Literacy for 3 credit hours

Diversity (3) - Intro to Sociology (Local Community College)
Ethics (3) - Business Ethics (Study.com)
Civil Engagement (3) - American Government (Shmoop)

Knowledge of Human Cultures (9) -
World Geography (Study.com) - 3
World Religions (Study.com) - 3
Organizational Behavior (Study.com) - 3

Understanding Physical and Natural world (6)
AP Biology (AP) - 3
Anatomy and Physiology (Study.com) - 3

Mathematics - AP Statistics - (AP) - 3

Electives 6 credit hours completed with 11 more needed
Intro to Humanities - 3 (Study.com)
Interpersonal Communications - 3 (Study.com)

Business Core:
Financial Accounting - 3 (Study.com)
Managerial Accounting - 3 (Study.com)
Business Law - 3 (Study.com)
Principles of Management - 3 (Study.com)
Computer Concepts and Applications - 3 (Study.com)
Introduction to Marketing - 3 (Shmoop)
Principles of Finance - 3 (Study.com)
NOT YET COMPLETE International Management required for 3 credit hours (currently working)
Macroeconomics - 3 (Study.com)
Microeconomics - 3 (Study.com)
Managerial Communications - 3 (Study.com)
NOT YET COMPLETE Strategic Management required for 3 credit hours (will work next)

AOS:
Introduction to International Business - 3 (Study.com)
International Finance - 3 (Study.com)

NOT YET COMPLETE AOS Electives 12 hours from list
Electives
  • International AccountingInternational Monetary SystemsInternational TransportationImport-Export ManagementLaw and Multinational BusinessManagement of Foreign OperationsMultinational Entry Strategies
NOT YET COMPLETE 6 more free elective credits.

So, in total, I have completed 81 hours and I know for sure that I can easily complete everything but the 16 hours that include Information Literacy, The Capstone requirement, and the 12 AOS Electives. My question was for the 12 AOS Electives, is there a program or alternative way to get ACE other than taking the courses at TESU? Thank you for any help offered.

1. TESU does not take Shoomp
2. I believe AP bio counts as 6 credits so it would also give you 3 more free elective credits.
3. You can't do Strategic management until you have 100 credits and most of your AOS this is the TESU capstone
4. I advise you take the business in society TECEP to meet the requirement for the business core that way you can possibly use the study.com courses for your AOS
5. Did you see my post right above yours? I listed all of the possible known international business courses through alternative credit. You can e-mail TESU which courses from that list will count as AOS electives. It might be worth just taking them at TESU to save the waiver fee if if you can't do it through alt credit. Also, 12 credits in the AOS need to be UL.
6. Also remember you can only use 90 credits from one source. So you try to use other sources for the rest of your degree if you choose to use study.com for your AOS. Davar also offers a couple international business courses which you can use instead of study.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 729 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch