Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA CIS, law school, and GPA
At this point, I am not going to delete the post from Oldson that appears to be spam. ALU does appear to be a good option for a small subset of people who visit this forum. They're NA through DEAC and they are listed as a registered unaccredited school on the website for the State Bar of California. http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Admissions/Law-...aw-Schools

I don't know if you'd be allowed to sit the Bar Exam in any other state but you'd apparently be good in California.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
LOL, this is like the third or forth time I am reading this exact message... is ALU having people spam boards to get student enrolment rates to go up?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-06-2021, 12:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: LOL, this is like the third or forth time I am reading this exact message... is ALU having people spam boards to get student enrolment rates to go up?
Yeah I waa wondering the same thing after the 3rd post about it. Like at the very least change some of the verbiage.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Weird and cringe.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
No! Don't change the verbiage around! Don't give 'em some smart ideas there! If they do that, it'll seem too "real" and not a "spam" message... It won't be reported and will be harder to decipher if it's really a spam message or someone advising others to seek help at ALU.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-08-2021, 06:28 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: No! Don't change the verbiage around! Don't give 'em some smart ideas there! If they do that, it'll seem too "real" and not a "spam" message... It won't be reported and will be harder to decipher if it's really a spam message or someone advising others to seek help at ALU.
sorry

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Just an extra little data point here in terms of COSC and grades on transcripts. I opened a COSC credit registry last April. I started sending in all of my transcripts - which is A LOT OF TRANSCRIPTS. Haha. Anyway, I sent in the transcripts direct from each provider. The transcripts from Davar and Onlinedegree.com posted with letter grades. The Sophia transcript posted as pass/fail. And then COSC got annoyed and told me to stop sending in transcripts. Haha.

I really only signed up because I did a massive FEMA credit push during the Covid lockdown and posted 60 FEMA credits before COSC stopped transcripting them. I did kind of misunderstand COSC's registry. They really don't post any credits from other colleges. This is unlike the Excelsior and TESU transcripts which do include some, but not all, credits earned at other colleges. For example, Excelsior and TESU might not post credits that they feel are continuing education credit hours. COSC's registry is just for alternative credit sources. I am sure that this set up is different if a person is attempting a degree at COSC. In that situation, credit from other colleges would, presumably, transfer in to the COSC transcript.

I do have until the end of this month to send in more credits to COSC. COSC did not seem to grasp that Study.com and Saylor have NCCRS credits that don't post to an ACE transcript. I am going to send those in again and see if they post grades. But I am a little bit skeptical.
(03-18-2021, 12:47 AM)ssorj Wrote: The main reason for me going back to finish a degree is to get into law school.  I read on here and confirmed on the LSAC website that unless 60 of my credits have a letter grade, the LSAC won't generate a GPA for law school applications.  I've already done most of my degree on sophia.org and study.com. To get a GPA for law school applications, I would have to go back and re-take something like 45 credits at a community college which would double the cost and triple the time to graduation.  

I'm currently still cruising through sophia.org courses.  Here's my question and how I see the options:

1) I could go back to community college, re-take lots of courses in triple the time for double the cost to get enough graded credits to have a GPA appear.  This is my least favorite option.

2) I could find another way to get graded credits that would transfer into TESU for BSBA CIS.  I'd need the course to be online.  Unfortunately, the ones I've found where this is possible are price prohibitive.  Does anyone have an ideas here?

3) I could continue with my plan laid out in mostly sophia.org and study.com courses and apply to law school without a GPA and only an LSAT score.  Does anyone have any insight into my chances?  I'd be looking at UNT-Dallas College of Law.  I'll spare you the reasoning.  Does anyone have any insight into this particular school's requirements beyond what's posted on their website about general admissions requirements?  Have they ever taken someone with LSAT only?  I'm aware of the LSAT+GPA acceptance estimation tools.  Is there any data out there that would show the chances of LSAT only applications?

Thanks in advance to the folks in this forum who helped me believe once again that I could finish this.

Hi, it sucks that you'd have to retake like 45 credits Sad,  StraighterLine is a great alternative, they offer affordable online courses for college credit, you can knock out courses super quickly here. Best of luck to you!
(03-18-2021, 05:08 PM)ssorj Wrote: I may retake a handful of courses for a letter grade if I don't make it into law school the first time around.  I think that if I can pull off a strong LSAT and show an undergrad degree hodge-podged together throughout my thirties, they'd be fools to deny entry.

This isn't an option - once you finish your first bachelor's degree, your GPA (or lack of GPA) is set in stone for purposes of law school.

As far as the possibility of applying without a GPA, that's definitely a possibility and I'm not aware of any schools that explicitly require one. However, it is one less opportunity for you to prove yourselves if the schools you're looking at are particularly competitive. However, if you do well on the LSAT you will have something of extremely high value to a school, and unlike someone with a low GPA, you won't effect their median GPA (which in turn effects their rankings, which in turn effects their employment outcomes) at all.

It's up to you whether you want to try and earn a GPA or apply without one. Just know that you can't go back and change it after getting your degree. Feel free to message me if you have any questions - I will try to check my PM inbox more often
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • Pikachu
I’d suggest contacting UNT Dallas College of Law and having a long talk with their admissions folks.

Make an argument on why you’d be a great lawyer

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 34 596 3 hours ago
Last Post: crowbird
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,477 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 375 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 856 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 634 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Feedback on Paris Business School absamer 5 264 03-12-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 170 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Going back to school at 29 for CS with only freshman year of college completed RejuvenationOclock 6 486 02-17-2024, 01:24 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,255 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Course/Degree Planning - Liberal Studies, BA - TESU drp16 4 382 01-31-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: drp16