Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TESU BSBA Capstone - Case Study
I am working on my first case study in week one of my capstone. I have it all written up but I'm not sure that I have it in the right format.

Does anyone have one from previous capstones that I would be able to use as an example before turning it in?
[-] The following 1 user Likes hrriggs03's post:
  • ed209uardo
Its funny, because I legit have the exact same question. haha. I am a visual learner so seeing an example of how it works would be extremely helpful
Make that 3 of us....

I would also like to ensure that I'm working in the right direction.

Thanks in advance if anyone can provide this help.

(11-08-2018, 03:39 PM)kodiak61 Wrote: Make that 3 of us....

I would also like to ensure that I'm working in the right direction.

Thanks in advance if anyone can provide this help.

I'm in the same boat. From what I've gathered from looking online and talking to others who have taken the course, along with the feedback I could get from the course mentor, you can use a question & answer format for these. From what I am told it is more about the thoroughness of your analysis and/or the support that justifies your claims than the format of how the information is presented.

I just submitted my first case study, so that is what I did. I'm still waiting for feedback to see what the mentor says about it.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • Muldoon
I just submitted mine too! Fingers crossed! I noticed there was a draft option - anyone know what that's for?
I have been waiting to submit my second case study assignment as I was waiting for feedback from the first one in order to know if I needed to make any adjustments to my approach. It's been 10 days since I submitted the first case study and no feedback yet. My class is full though so I suspect our course mentor is probably just having a hard time keeping up.

The second is due tomorrow, so I just bit the bullet and submitted that one as well.

Have any of you received feedback on your case study 1 as yet? If so, please share any details that might help with the rest of us (and future students).
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
(11-17-2018, 07:39 PM)Merlin Wrote: I have been waiting to submit my second case study assignment as I was waiting for feedback from the first one in order to know if I needed to make any adjustments to my approach. It's been 10 days since I submitted the first case study and no feedback yet. My class is full though so I suspect our course mentor is probably just having a hard time keeping up.

The second is due tomorrow, so I just bit the bullet and submitted that one as well.

Have any of you received feedback on your case study 1 as yet? If so, please share any details that might help with the rest of us (and future students).

I took the BSBA capstone this past summer, my professor was also quite slow on grading as well, and I had to my submit my second case study without knowing my feedback for the first. I would copy and paste the case study questions onto my word document and work on answering them first, usually for each question my answer was two was 2-3 paragraphs long. After that I would remove the questions from my paper and write an opening and closing. My opening was generally just some general background of the company that the case study was on, and the closing was a general synopsis on whether I thought the company was or was not a good example of whatever it was we learning that week.

I received all A's on my case studies. In my experience the professor I had seemed to grade heavily on whether you met the word count, used references from the textbook, and you made sure to cite everything properly.
[-] The following 2 users Like tobyisking's post:
  • Merlin, Muldoon
(11-17-2018, 09:32 PM)tobyisking Wrote:
(11-17-2018, 07:39 PM)Merlin Wrote: I have been waiting to submit my second case study assignment as I was waiting for feedback from the first one in order to know if I needed to make any adjustments to my approach. It's been 10 days since I submitted the first case study and no feedback yet. My class is full though so I suspect our course mentor is probably just having a hard time keeping up.

I took the BSBA capstone this past summer, my professor was also quite slow on grading as well, and I had to my submit my second case study without knowing my feedback for the first. I would copy and paste the case study questions onto my word document and work on answering them first, usually for each question my answer was two was 2-3 paragraphs long. After that I would remove the questions from my paper and write an opening and closing. My opening was generally just some general background of the company that the case study was on, and the closing was a general synopsis on whether I thought the company was or was not a good example of whatever it was we learning that week.

I received all A's on my case studies. In my experience the professor I had seemed to grade heavily on whether you met the word count, used references from the textbook, and you made sure to cite everything properly.

I have been keeping the questions in there as a heading and didn't add an opening or closing, so that is the kind of feedback I'm looking for.

When I asked the mentor directly about it early on, he indicated that he expects them to basically be in a Q&A style, not essay format, but didn't offer any further detail to expand on what that means. He promised to upload examples but hasn't done so as yet. He seemed to indicate that grading is more about whether the analysis meets the requirements, is fully developed and cohesive, and properly researched. The rest is detailed in the rubric.

I guess we'll see how that goes. I'm putting the finishing touches on Case Study 3 now, so hopefully I receive feedback on Case 1 (and hopefully 2) before I need to turn in 3. Smile

Out of curiosity, which professor/mentor did you have?

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
(11-17-2018, 09:49 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(11-17-2018, 09:32 PM)tobyisking Wrote:

I have been keeping the questions in there as a heading and didn't add an opening or closing, so that is the kind of feedback I'm looking for.

When I asked the mentor directly about it early on, he indicated that he expects them to basically be in a Q&A style, not essay format, but didn't offer any further detail to expand on what that means. He promised to upload examples but hasn't done so as yet. He seemed to indicate that grading is more about whether the analysis meets the requirements, is fully developed and cohesive, and properly researched. The rest is detailed in the rubric.

I guess we'll see how that goes. I'm putting the finishing touches on Case Study 3 now, so hopefully I receive feedback on Case 1 (and hopefully 2) before I need to turn in 3. Smile

Out of curiosity, which professor/mentor did you have?

I had Lawrence Ness.  I wish you the best of luck on the rest of your course!
I have Ness right now. I got my feedback on my first case already. Did you have specific questions that I can help with?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,356 04-18-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 533 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 459 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 482 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 321 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,236 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 236 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 531 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 378 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM