Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA Degree Plan --- less time & money
Hello All,

I'm very new to this site and have seen some older degree plans but Iam not sure if they are applicable present day.... Does anyone have a current TESU degree plan (BSBA) that you can post which would be 100% test -out-able for the convenience of saving both time and money? 

Based on my transcript, I may be able to transfer about 33 credits as per TESU back in 2016 (need to re-verify)

I currently work in the Supply Chain industry with about 13 years experience so to be honest, I need a BS in any subject as my experience and six sigma certification can attest for my work knowledge.

Thank you all in advance.
I saw your previous post, it's great you're starting off with a few credits already. Review the Beginners Guide/Wiki and paste your evaluation from TESU into the reply, we need to know what credits you have so we won't need to recommend taking the same courses over again.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Bach2Mast
(07-03-2018, 10:57 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I saw your previous post, it's great you're starting off with a few credits already.  Review the Beginners Guide/Wiki and paste your evaluation from TESU into the reply, we need to know what credits you have so we won't need to recommend taking the same courses over again.
Thanks bjcheung77....

I was wrong, it looks like 36 credits i/o 33 (yay)

GEN/300: Skills for professional development  (3)
COMM/105: Introduction to effective written communication (3)
RES/110: Introduction to research and information utilization (3)
COMM/215: Essentials of college writing (3)
MGT/330: Management theory, practice and application (3)
MGT/344: Organizational behavior and ethical responsibility (3)
MGT/350: Critical thinking: Strategies in decision making (3)
COMM/208: Business writing essentials (3)
PHL/251: Critical thinking (3)
MTH/208: College mathematics I (3)
CIS/319: Computers and information processing (3)
BUS/415: Business Law (3)

Any information that can be provided, is deeply appreciated.
Hello, I got your private message.

1) Answer the following questions, so I can better gauge which of the 3 you're looking at - cheap, easy, or fast.
A) Are you close to a testing site for CLEP? How far and how long would it take you to get there and back?
B) Do you have time to study and test at a site or would you rather do everything online for a little extra in price?
C) What is your price range you're looking at for the degree and time you want to set to complete the degree?
D) Are you leaning towards cheap, easy, fast or a combo of them all? Rank them in priority.

2) Have you applied to the school of choice, are you currently enrolled (taking a course)? Y/N
Do you have an academic evaluation? Y/N - If yes, copy/paste the evaluation.
If no, enter all your credits you have completed and note the school/course you took and grade.

3) What exactly are you looking for help with or advice on? I was wondering how busy are you? How much time do you have to spend on studying? Can you skip step two and tell me where these courses came from?

• Bach2Mast
(07-06-2018, 12:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hello, I got your private message.  

1) Answer the following questions, so I can better gauge which of the 3 you're looking at - cheap, easy, or fast.
A) Are you close to a testing site for CLEP? YES..How far and how long would it take you to get there and back? About 6 miles away from my home. To and from. 
B) Do you have time to study and test at a site or would you rather do everything online for a little extra in price? I could do both
C) What is your price range you're looking at for the degree and time you want to set to complete the degree? 5-7K...12-18 months tops
D) Are you leaning towards cheap, easy, fast or a combo of them all? Rank them in priority. Fast, Cheap & Easy

2) Have you applied to the school of choice, are you currently enrolled (taking a course)? Y/N
Do you have an academic evaluation? Y/N - If yes, copy/paste the evaluation.
If no, enter all your credits you have completed and note the school/course you took and grade. 36 credits, University of Phoenix, All passing grades As & Bs

GEN/300: Skills for professional development  (3)
COMM/105: Introduction to effective written communication (3)
RES/110: Introduction to research and information utilization (3) 
COMM/215: Essentials of college writing (3) 
MGT/330: Management theory, practice and application (3) 
MGT/344: Organizational behavior and ethical responsibility (3) 
MGT/350: Critical thinking: Strategies in decision making (3) 
COMM/208: Business writing essentials (3) 
PHL/251: Critical thinking (3) 
MTH/208: College mathematics I (3)
CIS/319: Computers and information processing (3)
BUS/415: Business Law (3) 

3) What exactly are you looking for help with or advice on? Degree Plan...I was wondering how busy are you? I work 40 hours/week ...How much time do you have to spend on studying? I can dedicate 21-30 hours / week ... Can you skip step two and tell me where these courses came from? UOP
Here's a degree plan for the BSBA in Ops Management.

Attached Files
.pdf   x-TESU BSBA7x OPS MAN.pdf (Size: 56.17 KB / Downloads: 127)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-06-2018, 01:49 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Here's a degree plan for the BSBA in Ops Management.

Thank you very much dfrecore!!!!! I truly appreciate this.
Hi, I have homework for you!  Please review this attached xlsx file, it has my recommendations. I have selected SL/Study.com as these are the two ACE options I recommend for cheap/easy/fast. If you want to save some $, you can do so with CLEPs, but it'll be slower and may not be as easy. You can review the spreadsheet that dfrecore provided as a guideline/option and update this xlsx.

1) I also have alternative recommendations, they are as follows: Instead of doing the StraighterLine Business Ethics, complete the Institutes Ethics (2 credits), and the Sophia (2 credits).  This will save you $59 and give you one extra free elective credit.

2) Anything in YELLOW, leave it for now, as I can't be sure it'll transfer in exactly as that.  You don't have an evaluation, you may want to apply and get the evaluation so you know where they go.  Setup an ACE account for your upcoming SL/Study.com credits.

3) Anything in RED is what you're missing, work on them.  Work on ALEKS first as it's just $20/9 credits. Once done, work on the StraighterLine courses.  These are quick, as you just need to do the exams/final open book for most of them. I would complete the bulk of the StraighterLine courses first and work on the Study.com afterward.

With that amount of time you mentioned you have, it will not take that long to finish all requirements.  At the most, I would guess half that!  3 months for the Capstone course and 3 months for the remainder of your degree requirements.  Keep a schedule and work on them, for example, 5-6 SL courses/month, 3-4 Study.com/month, etc.

Review the Beginners Guide post#16 & #27/28 - Review the requirements for the BSBA AOS's as there are a few you can decide from, my suggestion is to stay with the General Management option.  If you need more plan/course options, review dfrecore's templates.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Bach2Mast Degree Plan!.xlsx (Size: 10.36 KB / Downloads: 87)

• Bach2Mast
bjcheung77,

Thank you so much for all your help. I thought I had replied to this thread , glad I came back to check. I will definitely get back to TESU to get the official evaluation and see where exactly I stand with my current credits.

Thanks again to you and dfrecore!!!!! Smile Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,932 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,621 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,159 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,030 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,587 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,671 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,296 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,551 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,287 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,327 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic