Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - BSBA Easiest Path to Obtain for BS degree?
Good morning everyone!
Hopefully I have a quick question for all you degree forum degree pro’s out there...

For TESU, which BS degree (not BA degree) is the easiest to obtain via ACE, NCCRS, study.com, SL, etc? Is if the BSBA? Or is there another BS concentration that is easier to obtain?

Just to clarify - by “easy” I mean the path to get those credits are more easily available with regards to finding providers to take the courses and AOS courses.

Hopefully I didn’t confuse anyone haha. Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you!
In terms of BS, i'm pretty sure the BSBA in general management is the easiest.

There is a ton of choices for AOS credits. Just look at study.com list:
https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
Starting from scratch, the BSBA (although you'd have to ask about specific degrees for me to be certain, since I don't necessarily think that way: BA vs. BS). It does not have to be in General Management, there are several concentrations that are as easy as GM (and if you didn't want to take any extra Accounting or Finance courses, then you'd be in the boat of looking for one of them like HR or Marketing).

If you're not starting from scratch, it also depends on whether or not you're bringing in any other credits, and what those are. Since the BSBA allows for very little elective credit, you might have a lot of a certain types of credits you would lose, which might then take longer to complete.

Why the BS vs. BA? Usually that makes very little difference in a degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • acamp
(07-26-2018, 12:54 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Starting from scratch, the BSBA (although you'd have to ask about specific degrees for me to be certain, since I don't necessarily think that way: BA vs. BS). It does not have to be in General Management, there are several concentrations that are as easy as GM (and if you didn't want to take any extra Accounting or Finance courses, then you'd be in the boat of looking for one of them like HR or Marketing).

If you're not starting from scratch, it also depends on whether or not you're bringing in any other credits, and what those are. Since the BSBA allows for very little elective credit, you might have a lot of a certain types of credits you would lose, which might then take longer to complete.

Why the BS vs. BA? Usually that makes very little difference in a degree.

Thanks for the response. The reason I am asking is due to additional teacher certification that I would like to pursue. Schools at the HS levels usually have a lot of openings for business teacher positions. I have already a BALS so I thought the BSBA would meet the business criteria but I wasn’t sure which concentration.

In regards to BA vs BS, a BA in business wouldn’t be as easy to obtain through alternatives sources as a BSBA would though, right?

Below is what my state requires to meet this certification. Any idea which concentration would meet these requirements and easy to obtain via the alternative sources?

Subject Matter Preparation
• For certification as a Comprehensive Business teacher, current regulations require that applicants complete a
minimum of 30 credits in a coherent sequence in the subject field of Business. A coherent sequence requires that at least 12 credits are completed at the advanced level of study (junior, senior or graduate level). Within the 30 credits, applicants must also complete:
• 12 credits in bookkeeping or accounting
• a course in business law
• a course in economics
• a course in finance
• a course in computer applications

*** would my guardian scholarship fit that finance course you think?

*** I took a COMPUTER LITERACY back in community college. Would that fit?

**** I have no bookkeeping, accounting, business law, economics courses.

Thank you again for any help or info you can share.
If you want a degree for those purposes, a business degree is your best bet. TESU's requirements will fit the bill, as will WGU's if you want to go that route (would probably be cheaper, although I'd have to check since you already have a BALS).

Did you get your BALS from TESU?
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-26-2018, 04:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If you want a degree for those purposes, a business degree is your best bet. TESU's requirements will fit the bill, as will WGU's if you want to go that route (would probably be cheaper, although I'd have to check since you already have a BALS).

Okay BSBA from TESU it shall be. Do I have to pick a concentration for the BSBA? If so, which one would cover the requirements do you think?

And no, my BALS wasn’t from TESU (even though I wish I knew about the Big 3 and this forum back then!!) Better late than never =)
(07-26-2018, 04:33 PM)acamp Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 04:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If you want a degree for those purposes, a business degree is your best bet.  TESU's requirements will fit the bill, as will WGU's if you want to go that route (would probably be cheaper, although I'd have to check since you already have a BALS).

Okay BSBA from TESU it shall be.   Do I have to pick a concentration for the BSBA?  If so, which one would cover the requirements do you think?

And no, my BALS wasn’t from TESU (even though I wish I knew about the Big 3 and this forum back then!!)   Better late than never  =)

I've heard they will waive the Gen Ed's if you bring in a BA/BS - so you would just do the requirements for the BSBA, plus the math requirements for the degree.  I'm including a spreadsheet here, you can do General Management, or Accounting (you need 2 additional Acctg courses besides the 2 required in the Core anyway).  But I would do GM.  It's 54cr.

Here's what TESU says about it:

Second Baccalaureate Degree
Students who have received one baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution and wish to earn a second baccalaureate degree must:
  • Complete a minimum of 24 credits. These credits must be in the area of study and/or core of the degree. These credits must be earned after the date the most recent degree, regardless of academic level, was conferred.
  • Additionally, students must complete all other degree requirements as listed in the current Thomas Edison State University Catalog.

Attached Files
.pdf   acamp TESU BSBA1 GenMan.pdf (Size: 58.51 KB / Downloads: 49)
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • acamp, Johmford
(07-26-2018, 07:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 04:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If you want a degree for those purposes, a business degree is your best bet.  TESU's requirements will fit the bill, as will WGU's if you want to go that route (would probably be cheaper, although I'd have to check since you already have a BALS).

Okay BSBA from TESU it shall be.   Do I have to pick a concentration for the BSBA?  If so, which one would cover the requirements do you think?

And no, my BALS wasn’t from TESU (even though I wish I knew about the Big 3 and this forum back then!!)   Better late than never  =)

I've heard they will waive the Gen Ed's if you bring in a BA/BS - so you would just do the requirements for the BSBA, plus the math requirements for the degree.  I'm including a spreadsheet here, you can do General Management, or Accounting (you need 2 additional Acctg courses besides the 2 required in the Core anyway).  But I would do GM.  It's 54cr.

Students who have received one baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution and wish to earn a second baccalaureate degree must:
  • Complete a minimum of 24 credits. These credits must be in the area of study and/or core of the degree. These credits must be earned after the date the most recent degree, regardless of academic level, was conferred.
  • Additionally, students must complete all other degree requirements as listed in the current Thomas Edison State University Catalog.

Thank you!!

Just thought of another 2 questions if you don’t mind:

1) if i go down the route of accounting or cpa/accounting concentration, are both of those concentrations a total of 60 credits compared to GM of 54 credits?

2) and also, do you know which 2 additional classes would fit that cpa concentration route?

Thanks!!
(07-27-2018, 04:53 AM)acamp Wrote:

Just thought of another 2 questions if you don’t mind:

1) if i go down the route of accounting or cpa/accounting concentration, are both of those concentrations a total of 60 credits compared to GM of 54 credits?

2) and also, do you know which 2 additional classes would fit that cpa concentration route?

Thanks!!

I don't know the CPA thing, so maybe someone else can help on that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,971 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,658 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,199 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,098 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,635 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,728 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,340 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,585 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,370 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic