Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA Entrepreneurship AND General Management AOS
Hi folks!  I was thinking about adding the Entrepreneurship AOS to my General Management BSBA.

The Entrepreneurship AOS is:

• Small Business Management OR Introduction to Entrepreneurship

• Small Business Finance (preferred)OR Managerial Finance*

• Small Business Marketing (preferred) OR Marketing Research
The Entrepreneurship focus also needs 9 electives, but I have them all already.

• Human Resources Management

• Managerial Cost Accounting

• Marketing with Electronic Media

So, basically, in my currently very sleepy brain, I only need the AOS courses.  Which leads to my question:

Are any of the AOS courses available through Study.com?

Thanks, and good night lol. Smile
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Toastmaster's post:
  • Johndmabryjr
yes. I am doing the complete TESU BSBA with all the sophia credits and other than corner and capstone and a TECEP on Comparative Politics (for civic engagement and to get me enrolled as student at TESU) the rest are coming from Study.com.

Now that sophia has added business law and Principles of finance you'll have two less to take at study.com

Take all of sophia except foundations stuff

then take these from study.com

Accounting 102 Managerial Accounting
Business 101 Principles of management
Business 102 Principles of marketing
Business 308 Globalization and International Management
Business 324 Managerial Communication
Business 309 Digital Marketing and Advertising
Marketing 302 Consumer Behaviour
Marketing 301 Marketing Research
Finance 306 Small Business Finance
Business 121 Intro To Entrepreneurship

Figure out how you want to do civic engagement and do corner at capstone and done

I started sophia on May 21st and some study.com stuff. I finished all but 2 sophia so far and finished another at 7 study.com. I have 5 more study.com to finish (almost done one). I just started cornerstone at tesu. I am thinking I will start the capstone in sept.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
(08-03-2020, 11:09 PM)Toastmaster Wrote:
  • Small Business Management OR Introduction to Entrepreneurship
  • Small Business Finance (preferred)OR Managerial Finance*
  • Small Business Marketing (preferred) OR Marketing Research
The Entrepreneurship focus also needs 9 electives, but I have them all already.

• Human Resources Management
  • Managerial Cost Accounting
  • Marketing with Electronic Media

https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab
  • There is Business 321: Small Business Management for Small Business Management OR Introduction to Entrepreneuership is Business 121: Introduction to Entrepreneurship
  • Finance 306: Small Business Finance
  • Marketing 301: Marketing Research

You need the second three as well?
  • Business 106: Human Resource Management
  • Accounting 303: Cost Accounting (maybe - TESU could want something different but that's the only cost accounting class SDC has)
  • Business 202: Introduction to E-Commerce (equivalent to E-Marketing) OR Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising is MAR-441 : Marketing with Digital and Social Media - (check to make sure one/both apply)
Thank you everyone for your help! I'm reaching out to TESU right now!!!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

(08-14-2020, 01:22 PM)Toastmaster Wrote: Thank you everyone for your help!  I'm reaching out to TESU right now!!!

Speaking from personal experience with a BSBA dual AOS.

TESU does not provide the same ability to overlap courses with a dual AOS in GM. TESU is more credit friendly with overlapping courses when the dual AOS is anything but GM within the BSBA program.

I would suggest you clarify your degree plan and courses with TESU. Yes, you can take all the required entrepreneurship AOS courses at SDC. I would recommend playing around with the TESU degree evaluation tool and see if you would have a better overlap of your courses.

Hope that helps.
(08-15-2020, 10:29 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 01:22 PM)Toastmaster Wrote: Thank you everyone for your help!  I'm reaching out to TESU right now!!!

Speaking from personal experience with a BSBA dual AOS.

TESU does not provide the same ability to overlap courses with a dual AOS in GM. TESU is more credit friendly with overlapping courses when the dual AOS is anything but GM within the BSBA program.

I would suggest you clarify your degree plan and courses with TESU. Yes, you can take all the required entrepreneurship AOS courses at SDC. I would recommend playing around with the TESU degree evaluation tool and see if you would have a better overlap of your courses.

Hope that helps.
Interesting....perhaps that is why I'm getting what I perceive to be "the run around" from Academic Advisement.  They want me to take 6 classes (3 MUST be separate from what I already have from General Management)....they also want me to take the cornerstone and another ethics class for some reason.

I feel like I need to speak with another Advisor....

(08-19-2020, 12:17 PM)Toastmaster Wrote: Interesting....perhaps that is why I'm getting what I perceive to be "the run around" from Academic Advisement.  They want me to take 6 classes (3 MUST be separate from what I already have from General Management)....they also want me to take the cornerstone and another ethics class for some reason.

I feel like I need to speak with another Advisor....
Can't help you with the cornerstone but it's my understanding that ethics from Sophia, TEEX (free) cybersecurity ethics, and The Institutes Ethics don't duplicate one another. If you do wind up having to bring in another ethics class for whatever reason, at least you won't have to pay for it. I've not heard of the cornerstone not being able to overlap before; it's always been the capstone that might need to be taken twice.
For BSBA Entrepreneurship is there a cornerstone class that mus be taken at TESU?
schlocker Wrote:For BSBA Entrepreneurship is there a cornerstone class that mus be taken at TESU?

For all degrees (each and every associates and bachelors), you need the cornerstone, it's the SOS-110 course, Critical Information Literacy
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-10-2021, 12:30 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
schlocker Wrote:For BSBA Entrepreneurship is there a cornerstone class that mus be taken at TESU?

For all degrees (each and every associates and bachelors), you need the cornerstone, it's the SOS-110 course, Critical Information Literacy

Thank you. Four RA classes completed and four to go. I'll post an update after they are completed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 28 322 1 minute ago
Last Post: walruspanda
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 411 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 372 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 37 1,926 03-18-2024, 03:54 AM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 784 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 854 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  Feedback Request on Degree Plan: UMPI BA in Project Management FM1 23 1,577 03-14-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: skite
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 629 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 169 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,254 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP