Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA Finance - Ethics (Gen Ed: Civ Learning)
(03-11-2018, 07:05 AM)Gloddy Wrote: M challenge is work. I don't have much time to call them during the week when they are there.  I do most of my work late at night and on the weekends. I am sure most of us are in the same boat.  I will call them this week to see if I can figure all of this out.  I was feeling like I could see the finish line and now I feel I have taken a wrong turn.

I will report back what I learn.

Thanks
Gloddy

That's OK because email's the best way to get help, anyway.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Just reporting back.

Here is what they me:

Credit for the LaSalle University course, PHL350, Ethics in Business, has been moved to satisfy the Ethics requirement in general education. Please access your evaluation to view the change.

The Study.com option, English105, is slated to transfer over as ENC-102, English Composition II, and should satisfy the respective requirement. The Registrar's office is currently in the middle of an update of the most recently received ACE transcript, so this could explain why it's not yet marked as complete on the evaluation. Please allow some time to pass and when the update is complete, you'll receive a separate email notification to view the results.

The ENC-101 requirement is being satisfied by the Penn State University course, ENGL015, Rhetoric & Composition.

This helps some. At least they are correcting the English.  The problem I have with the LaSalle Business Ethics being moved means I will now have a space in the Diversity requirement now. That is where they place this class originally. I took the study.com business ethics to fill the "ETHICS" requirement.  Then I took the free class from the institutes. So three classes to fill one and now I still need a diversity class.

Based on the mention of a update, I am going to just wait it out to see what happens before I do anything else. I am working on an accounting class and a math class in the meantime.

With that said, if anyone knows a class that will fit the diversity requirement that is as quick as the institutes, I am all ears.

Thanks to all that replied with help.
Gloddy
TESU BSBA in Finance (9/14/2018) - Thanks to this Community!
Professional Designations: CIMA®, CFP®, ChFC®
Professional Registrations: FINRA Series 7, 63 & 65

Still Need:
N/A

Completed Courses: Study.com ENG104, POS102, BUS109, COM101, HIS103, NUT101, ENG105, BUS108, COMP102, HIS108, HIS106, PSY103, HIS104, STA101, LAW201, ACC101, ACC102, FIN101, COM120, BUS101, BUS102, BUS308, ECO101, BUS113; ALEKS College Algebra

B&M Schools
: Penn State (93’), Bucks County CC (94’-95’), LaSalle Univ. (02’-03’), The American College of Financial Services (16'-17'), TESU (18')
(03-12-2018, 06:22 PM)Gloddy Wrote: Just reporting back.

Here is what they me:

Credit for the LaSalle University course, PHL350, Ethics in Business, has been moved to satisfy the Ethics requirement in general education. Please access your evaluation to view the change.

The Study.com option, English105, is slated to transfer over as ENC-102, English Composition II, and should satisfy the respective requirement. The Registrar's office is currently in the middle of an update of the most recently received ACE transcript, so this could explain why it's not yet marked as complete on the evaluation. Please allow some time to pass and when the update is complete, you'll receive a separate email notification to view the results.

The ENC-101 requirement is being satisfied by the Penn State University course, ENGL015, Rhetoric & Composition.

This helps some. At least they are correcting the English.  The problem I have with the LaSalle Business Ethics being moved means I will now have a space in the Diversity requirement now. That is where they place this class originally. I took the study.com business ethics to fill the "ETHICS" requirement.  Then I took the free class from the institutes. So three classes to fill one and now I still need a diversity class.

Based on the mention of a update, I am going to just wait it out to see what happens before I do anything else. I am working on an accounting class and a math class in the meantime.

With that said, if anyone knows a class that will fit the diversity requirement that is as quick as the institutes, I am all ears.

Gloddy

All business ethics courses should come in as PHI-384 (or PHI-2XX if it's a lower level course) and will go into Ethics.  I've never heard that an ethics course will fulfill the Diversity area.  So a mistake was made, and they corrected it.  But, better to know now then when you went to apply for graduation, and the realized the problem at that point.  And they would have figured it out, that's a dumb mistake to make.

For Diversity, Sociology or Anthropology are the fastest course, and Sociology is offered numerous places (although the Saylor course is only 1cr so don't bother).

Sorry that you got screwed there, it's a bummer.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I've not contacted TESU to change this yet, but an example of Ethics flagging as diversity is attached.

Attached Files
.png   TESU_Diversity.png (Size: 12.11 KB / Downloads: 12)
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

(03-12-2018, 09:43 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 06:22 PM)Gloddy Wrote: Just reporting back.

Here is what they me:

Gloddy

All business ethics courses should come in as PHI-384 (or PHI-2XX if it's a lower level course) and will go into Ethics.  I've never heard that an ethics course will fulfill the Diversity area.  So a mistake was made, and they corrected it.  But, better to know now then when you went to apply for graduation, and the realized the problem at that point.  And they would have figured it out, that's a dumb mistake to make.

For Diversity, Sociology or Anthropology are the fastest course, and Sociology is offered numerous places (although the Saylor course is only 1cr so don't bother).

Sorry that you got screwed there, it's a bummer.

Thanks for this. No worries on the errors. A few months ago, I would have never imagined that I would even complete my undergrad let alone be able to get it done in under a year.  A little frustration is the price to be paid.

In hindsight, I see a few mistakes I made early on.

1. I should have applied to TESU before I started.

2. I should have waited for a FULL academic evaluation of my transfer credits

3. I should have emailed academic advising prior to each course I was taking to ensure that it was going to count where I thought it would.  It is nice to have an email from them confirming the courses and where they will fit.

Long story short, I need more patience.  I am just stretching for a Sept. Graduation.  Still not sure it is doable, but I am optimistic.

Gloddy
TESU BSBA in Finance (9/14/2018) - Thanks to this Community!
Professional Designations: CIMA®, CFP®, ChFC®
Professional Registrations: FINRA Series 7, 63 & 65

Still Need:
N/A

Completed Courses: Study.com ENG104, POS102, BUS109, COM101, HIS103, NUT101, ENG105, BUS108, COMP102, HIS108, HIS106, PSY103, HIS104, STA101, LAW201, ACC101, ACC102, FIN101, COM120, BUS101, BUS102, BUS308, ECO101, BUS113; ALEKS College Algebra

B&M Schools
: Penn State (93’), Bucks County CC (94’-95’), LaSalle Univ. (02’-03’), The American College of Financial Services (16'-17'), TESU (18')
(03-13-2018, 06:08 PM)Gloddy Wrote: Thanks for this. No worries on the errors. A few months ago, I would have never imagined that I would even complete my undergrad let alone be able to get it done in under a year.  A little frustration is the price to be paid.

In hindsight, I see a few mistakes I made early on.

1. I should have applied to TESU before I started.

2. I should have waited for a FULL academic evaluation of my transfer credits

3. I should have emailed academic advising prior to each course I was taking to ensure that it was going to count where I thought it would.  It is nice to have an email from them confirming the courses and where they will fit.

Long story short, I need more patience.  I am just stretching for a Sept. Graduation.  Still not sure it is doable, but I am optimistic.

Gloddy

In general, that's sound advice for anyone. The only nit I'll pick is that there's rarely reason to wait for the eval. We can generally find plenty of courses that can be done with confidence while TESU's wheels slowly grind.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Yenisei
How do you get credit for the Insurance Ethics class?   TESU indicated that they do not accept.   Do you have to purchase a transcript?   How does this work?
(05-09-2018, 01:11 PM)mjones2829 Wrote: How do you get credit for the Insurance Ethics class?   TESU indicated that they do not accept.   Do you have to purchase a transcript?   How does this work?
Make an ace account and have the ethics class put on your ace transcript. Many of these other alternative credit sources can also go on that same ace transcript. Then when you're ready you can pay $20 to have that ace transcript sent to whichever college you want.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 363 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 700 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Sophia - New Business Ethics Course lumina 14 3,128 10-25-2023, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Sherwood
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,409 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TEL Learning Still Operational knaves 5 1,018 03-19-2023, 12:59 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  PHI-400 Managerial Ethics (Equivalency Only) mog538 0 336 02-22-2023, 09:16 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 885 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 712 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,197 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU to medical school? yum2177 9 2,917 11-01-2022, 04:00 PM
Last Post: danger455