Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA-GM Plan Help
I am so angry at myself that I didn't keep up with TESU. I would've had 2018 catalog.
Hello,
I have been following this board for a while and am looking for advice on completing a BS. I finished an associates degree in business at Excelsior. I found out about Sophia a few weeks ago and have started taking classes there. I am unsure whether to stick with Excelsior or try TESU. I am worried about the credits expiring. According to Excelsior, my English credits expire after 15 years (this year) so I would have to enroll this year or retake English. I am trying to avoid enrollment fees until I am ready. TESU distribution requirements are confusing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
JP
(05-19-2020, 09:40 AM)mpk1940 Wrote: Hello,
I have been following this board for a while and am looking for advice on completing a BS. I finished an associates degree in business at Excelsior. I found out about Sophia a few weeks ago and have started taking classes there. I am unsure whether to stick with Excelsior or try TESU. I am worried about the credits expiring. According to Excelsior, my English credits expire after 15 years (this year) so I would have to enroll this year or retake English. I am trying to avoid enrollment fees until I am ready. TESU distribution requirements are confusing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
JP

I think it'd be better for you to make your own thread and post the credits you have.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lacussucceed's post:
  • ss20ts
Thank you everyone so much for the advice. I am off and running. Will be sure to provide updates on the courses and interactions with TESU along the way. Thanks again
(05-18-2020, 01:38 PM)natshar Wrote: You can use sophia for natural world with environmental science and biology. Also sophia for public speaking. Sophia for micro, macro and accounting. All free.

I don't think anyone else mentioned but also sophias project management course on sophia would be in aos and also free! And hits the management area.

Then you only need to do two aos courses at Study.com.

Sos 110 and capstone both must be taken at tesu.

Also what catalog year are you on?

and maybe ask if supervision can be moved to aos. Worth a shot.

TESU brought the Sophia Project Management over as MAN235 when I submitted my ACE transcript.  Good Catch - knocks another course for our colleague.  I truly enjoyed the PM course - very helpful.
Thanks for the excellent advice from this thread I am on pace to complete 8 Sophia classed for a total of 24 credits. Very much appreciated and the timing was perfect with the free offering. I initially thought the whole open book thing would be a cake walk but I must say I was surprised at how much I learned and what was retained. It’s actually a great source of learning.

As far as the Sophia Touchstones for Public Speaking, I find myself struggling. The instructions seem to be lacking and I don’t know where to begin. I have completed all of the milestones and have 9 days to submit them. Can anyone reference a post or a site that gives more detail on what they are looking for? I have been searching the forum but not having much luck.

Thank you in advance.
It's not free, but SDC has a course that slots into TESU's public speaking GE requirement. I would just do the best you can on Sophia and, if you don't happen to get a passing grade, just take the Study.com course instead. It's so much easier and you don't even need to do any assignments.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • MBDegree
(07-12-2020, 01:56 PM)rachel83az Wrote: It's not free, but SDC has a course that slots into TESU's public speaking GE requirement. I would just do the best you can on Sophia and, if you don't happen to get a passing grade, just take the Study.com course instead. It's so much easier and you don't even need to do any assignments.

What do you mean there's no assignments on the SDC public speaking course? There aren't any speeches or papers? I ask because I thought I read on here that you had to do speeches for SDC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • MBDegree
(07-12-2020, 02:08 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 01:56 PM)rachel83az Wrote: It's not free, but SDC has a course that slots into TESU's public speaking GE requirement. I would just do the best you can on Sophia and, if you don't happen to get a passing grade, just take the Study.com course instead. It's so much easier and you don't even need to do any assignments.

What do you mean there's no assignments on the SDC public speaking course? There aren't any speeches or papers? I ask because I thought I read on here that you had to do speeches for SDC.

I took Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace. It has the standard quizzes and the final exam, that's it. No speeches, no papers. It slotted into my communication/public speaking slot in my GE requirements. There may be another class that does require speeches/papers and that is required for the AOS of a degree.

Oral Communication 3SH (Complete)
Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) option: COM-209 Public Speaking
2 COM-290 Presentational Speaking 06/12/20 CR 3.00 COM-290 *NE
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts
(07-12-2020, 02:14 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 02:08 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

I took Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace. It has the standard quizzes and the final exam, that's it. No speeches, no papers. It slotted into my communication/public speaking slot in my GE requirements. There may be another class that does require speeches/papers and that is required for the AOS of a degree.

Oral Communication 3SH (Complete)
Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) option: COM-209 Public Speaking
2 COM-290 Presentational Speaking 06/12/20 CR 3.00 COM-290 *NE

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 126 15 minutes ago
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 501 6 hours ago
Last Post: Mems88
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 9 318 04-07-2024, 10:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,060 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 55 1,764 04-06-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: crowbird
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 375 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
  Need some advice on my plan jobojoe285 3 209 03-29-2024, 09:16 PM
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 477 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 522 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  UMPI plan iggym32 3 249 03-20-2024, 05:52 PM