Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA Healthcare Mgnt
Hi everyone!

I'm looking at getting the BSBA in Healthcare Management from TESU using as many (if not all) classes through Study.com or even SL if it's a faster or more cost effective route. Currently I have an associates degree and just completed a histotechnology certificate program (and will sit for the HT boards soon). I don't have an exact plan to how many courses I want to try per month just yet since I'm studying for my boards right now, but I hope to do at least 2-3 per month.

Here's a little spreadsheet (i had to convert to PDF to post) to layout the classes that would meet the requirements for the degree. I left out the Gen Ed. since my associates I think should cover those courses. However, if you want to fill the blanks to help future students that would be great too. 

Please let me know your thoughts, if it looks ok, if there are other cost effective options, or better testing options (not a big fan of the Study.com way of taking final exams). I trust your honest educated opinion and want to thank you in advance. Smile

Attached Files
.pdf   BSBAhealtchcaremgmt1.pdf (Size: 84.79 KB / Downloads: 45)
If you don't want to use Study.com for anything except the UL HCM courses for the AOS, you don't have to. But they are certainly the most cost-effective way to go with those courses (there are some at CSU-Global, but they're $250/course).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
So everything in the attachment looks ok?

I'm perfectly fine with taking all the courses using Study.com if they are the most cost effective and quick courses to take to complete the degree.

Thank you!
(02-16-2019, 02:11 PM)HistoBunny Wrote: So everything in the attachment looks ok?

I'm perfectly fine with taking all the courses using Study.com if they are the most cost effective and quick courses to take to complete the degree.

Thank you!

I usually recommend doing the StraighterLine and Study.com combo for TESU degrees. The professional requirements, you can use some StraighterLine courses vs Study.com, but in the AOS, that should be done exclusively with UL courses at Study.com
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Have you looked at WGU's BS in Healthcare Management? It may prove to be cheaper ($3225 per 6 month term) an quicker than TESU. The program is also ACBSP accredited, if that's relevant to your goals. WGU has a transfer agreement with SL, if you wanted to complete some credits in advance.
(02-15-2019, 11:46 AM)HistoBunny Wrote: ... I left out the Gen Ed. since my associates I think should cover those courses. ...

An associate's will NOT automatically cover all of your GenEds.

If you're coming from a NJ community college, there are special rules, but even then I'm not sure that it will automatically cover all of the GenEds.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(02-18-2019, 05:07 PM)davewill Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 11:46 AM)HistoBunny Wrote: ... I left out the Gen Ed. since my associates I think should cover those courses. ...

An associate's will NOT automatically cover all of your GenEds.

If you're coming from a NJ community college, there are special rules, but even then I'm not sure that it will automatically cover all of the GenEds.

If you want a block transfer, then WGU is your best bet - but it's not always a good tradeoff, since your 60cr AA/AS will only cover about 30(ish?) credits of GE's.  You'll still have 90cr (ish?) of the major coursework.

But, that doesn't mean WGU isn't a good option.  It is.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 32 420 16 minutes ago
Last Post: crowbird
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 373 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 855 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 630 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 169 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Planning help for Bachelors in Healthcare Administration Danyr09 9 473 02-21-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Danyr09
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,254 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Course/Degree Planning - Liberal Studies, BA - TESU drp16 4 382 01-31-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: drp16
Question My degree plan for TESU BA in CS; thoughts/recs? bruh 65 6,066 01-11-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BACS planing help smtGate 8 555 01-04-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: rachel83az