Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA by exam
Anyone have a plan handy for a TESU BSBA using TECEPs and UEXCELs and CLEPs for the degree core and AOS? Former coworker got promoted to management and needs to get a bachelors ASAP. He is limited to test out options or actual courses from a school to get employer reimbursement. Nice dude, but rather internet adverse. He’s starting from scratch with no formal education past high school. Currently working on CLEPs for gen ed credits. I tried to sell him on study.com, but he would rather take a single exam that the company will pay for.

His current plan is to CLEP as much as possible and take weekend courses at the community college for an associates. Then transfer to a local university in spring or summer for an evening program. Employer is good with this plan, but he was intrigued by my suggestion he could do more testing out. I’m just not a business student, so lack specifics offhand.
Lots of options, but honestly if online is out, he's going to struggle.

I don't have a degree plan for the specific things you want (mine doesn't include UExcel's) but here is one that has everything else.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 40.98 KB / Downloads: 37)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-05-2018, 01:00 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Lots of options, but honestly if online is out, he's going to struggle.

I don't have a degree plan for the specific things you want (mine doesn't include UExcel's) but here is one that has everything else.
Thanks! That’s super helpful. I’ll see what can go in all the non TECEP/CLEP spots. I’m not sure how old he is, but let’s just say older than me. He is only a couple months into being a manager, but has a few decades of experience. I know he inherited a high performing campus that he’s been in supervisory leadership of for a decade or so. He definitely knows his stuff, but is the first manager I’ve seen in the organization that doesn’t have a masters. The lady he replaced has a masters in education and the supervisor he replaced previously has a masters in health administration. So he’s an odd duck that got promoted on years of service and merit, but they want him to comply with their “bachelors required” in the job description.
Well, if he has decades of experience, there may be a bunch of exams that he can test out of without much study (I passed Management and Marketing CLEP exams cold for instance).

Give him a list of CLEP and DSST exams, and let him tell you which ones he thinks he could pass with minimal study, then have him work on those first.

UExcel's are harder, but doable.

TECEP's can be hard because a lot of them require timed writing. I know that can stop some people, especially if they're not good at typing.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-05-2018, 01:21 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Well, if he has decades of experience, there may be a bunch of exams that he can test out of without much study (I passed Management and Marketing CLEP exams cold for instance).

Give him a list of CLEP and DSST exams, and let him tell you which ones he thinks he could pass with minimal study, then have him work on those first.

UExcel's are harder, but doable.

TECEP's can be hard because a lot of them require timed writing. I know that can stop some people, especially if they're not good at typing.
He holds CHAM certificstion through NAHAM, but I didn’t see that listed as a cert TESU gives credit for.
He should reconsider study.com and straighterline. For someone with lots of experience, they can be quicker than testing out. They will also cost less than the BOOKS for the B&M courses that his employer is planning to pay for. Have him apply for the Guardian scholarship at study.com, then he can get a number of courses free and get his feet wet.

You should also encourage him to come here himself. He'll find a lot of kindred spirits here.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,925 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,021 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,320 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore