Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TESU BSBA in Accounting Jobs?
(01-13-2019, 11:56 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 11:43 PM)Imbrandy Wrote: Hi. So does your BSBA not allow you to sit for the CPA?I know you need 150 hours but your previous degree + the TESU BSBA accounting should be sufficient for enough hours to sit for the exam??

I'm not in this field but I know the requirements are different between different states. You would have to look at your state's specific requirements to find out what you need before you can sit for the test.

Thanks. Yes. I’m familiar with my states requirements. TESU is accredited? And will provide transcripts to the board though, right? The OP was asking about his CaPA after completing his BSBA he should be able to sit for it right?
(01-14-2019, 12:03 AM)Imbrandy Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 11:56 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 11:43 PM)Imbrandy Wrote: Hi. So does your BSBA not allow you to sit for the CPA?I know you need 150 hours but your previous degree + the TESU BSBA accounting should be sufficient for enough hours to sit for the exam??

I'm not in this field but I know the requirements are different between different states. You would have to look at your state's specific requirements to find out what you need before you can sit for the test.

Thanks. Yes. I’m familiar with my states requirements. TESU is accredited? And will provide transcripts to the board though, right? The OP was asking about his CaPA after completing his BSBA he should be able to sit for it right?

TESU is accredited.
Tesu can provide transcripts to any body who may need it.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)

TESU has a CPA option with 150 credits, but it might be cheaper to get the masters in accounting at WGU after getting a 120-credit BSBA. My state is picky and requires 15 credits taken in person, but most states aren't like this.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • mikecom
(03-02-2018, 02:58 PM)acamp Wrote: Good afternoon everyone,
With TESU’s BSBA in Accounting, for those who may have graduated with that degree, are there a lot of good job opportunities available with that degree?  Or are the jobs only if you pursue your CPA after the BSBA?

Appreciate your comments  in advance. Thanks everyone.

Most accountants don't sit for the CPA exam until after they get some work experience, so getting hired at a public accounting firm with just the accounting degree is pretty normal. As far as working in accounting at regular companies, a CPA isn't required at all. In fact, unless you are working in public accounting, there really isn't a way to maintain your credential.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Thanks everyone for all the replies. Just to give you more info, I have my BALS and live in NJ. I wasn’t planning on sitting for the CPA anytime soon (one goal at a time I hope haha).

With NJ, with a BSBA in Accounting from TESU with NO prior experience, is there a good job market available? And if so, any idea on the normal salaries? Or were my figures I found online pretty typical?

Thanks all.
(01-14-2019, 01:11 PM)acamp Wrote: Thanks everyone for all the replies.  Just to give you more info, I have my BALS and live in NJ.  I wasn’t planning on sitting for the CPA anytime soon (one goal at a time I hope haha).  

With NJ, with a BSBA in Accounting from TESU with NO prior experience, is there a good job market available?  And if so, any idea on the normal salaries?  Or were my figures I found online pretty typical?

Thanks all.

Most people only know the job market in their local area, and then only their particular field.

I would say that if you found jobs locally with a certain pay range, then you know better than we do what your local market is.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • sanantone
(01-14-2019, 01:17 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 01:11 PM)acamp Wrote: Thanks everyone for all the replies.  Just to give you more info, I have my BALS and live in NJ.  I wasn’t planning on sitting for the CPA anytime soon (one goal at a time I hope haha).  

With NJ, with a BSBA in Accounting from TESU with NO prior experience, is there a good job market available?  And if so, any idea on the normal salaries?  Or were my figures I found online pretty typical?

Thanks all.

Most people only know the job market in their local area, and then only their particular field.

I would say that if you found jobs locally with a certain pay range, then you know better than we do what your local market is.

What I found was just from a google search (not sure how accurate it was) and the search was general and not in any particular location. I was hoping maybe someone on the forum had some experience in the BSBA Accounting Degree path that led to some job opportunities.
(01-14-2019, 06:30 PM)acamp Wrote:

Thanks all.

What I found was just from a google search (not sure how accurate it was) and the search was general and not in any particular location.  I was hoping maybe someone on the forum had some experience in the BSBA Accounting Degree path that led to some job opportunities.

Search Indeed and LinkedIn.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(01-14-2019, 06:30 PM)acamp Wrote:

Thanks all.

What I found was just from a google search (not sure how accurate it was) and the search was general and not in any particular location.  I was hoping maybe someone on the forum had some experience in the BSBA Accounting Degree path that led to some job opportunities.

The easiest thing to do is to do a job search for accounting jobs that interest you in your local area.  See what they require for a degree and experience, and what the pay is.  That's what anyone on here would have to do.  That is literally the only way to know what specific jobs pay in your area.  Even if a person had experience in your area, it would be hard to say what a job would pay you when they have their own background and experience to judge from.  This is just one of those things that others can't really tell you.  Someone might be able to give you a range, but it would be hard without knowing the job.  They can vary so widely.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I loaned a credit from the bank to pay for my master's degree. But it's okay now because I have a stable and well-paid job.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch