Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA - where does CSM Learn fit in
Looking for a bit of clarity on the CSM Learn as I work on Sophia.org courses.  I know that the CSM Learn is BUS-210 Quantitative Methods for Decision Makers at TESU.   

The BSBA has two basic "math" requirements.  There is Quantitative Literacy and then Mathematics in Gen Ed.

BUS210 seems to fall under the Mathematics, which leaves me Quantitative Literacy.  The Quantitative Literacy should be a College Algebra.

So, Sophia's College Algebra should fit Quantitative Literacy and CSM should fit Mathematics?  Am I thinking correctly.

Could avoid College Algebra by taking Stats?   I'm already through most of Sophia's Stats.  LOL
(04-09-2020, 11:57 PM)BrianFallon Wrote: Looking for a bit of clarity on the CSM Learn as I work on Sophia.org courses.  I know that the CSM Learn is BUS-210 Quantitative Methods for Decision Makers at TESU.   

The BSBA has two basic "math" requirements.  There is Quantitative Literacy and then Mathematics in Gen Ed.

BUS210 seems to fall under the Mathematics, which leaves me Quantitative Literacy.  The Quantitative Literacy should be a College Algebra.

So, Sophia's College Algebra should fit Quantitative Literacy and CSM should fit Mathematics?  Am I thinking correctly.

Could avoid College Algebra by taking Stats?   I'm already through most of Sophia's Stats.  LOL

CSM Learn will go in as Stats. Not College Algebra.
(04-09-2020, 11:57 PM)BrianFallon Wrote: Looking for a bit of clarity on the CSM Learn as I work on Sophia.org courses.  I know that the CSM Learn is BUS-210 Quantitative Methods for Decision Makers at TESU.   

Sophia’s College Algebra is doable! I too was dreading College Algebra, but I passed it!! Smile Have you tried it? Or you could try Aleks math (directly or via ASU).

I think a lot of people fear those old high school nemesis courses bc we had bad experiences with them. But for most of us, there was no internet when we went through. No extra help. You either got it or you didn’t - too bad if you didn’t.

Sophia could use more (optional) practice problems. I highly recommend working the examples with them on any topics you aren’t getting immediately, and taking notes. Khan Academy has more practice problems, though some of khan’s questions seem to be worded more challenging imho - sal Khan totally scared me away from logarithms, which are silly easy once you get them (thank you Sophia!!), and know how to plug them into a calculator. You just rearrange the exponential, (which is just a fancy name for a number with a variable in the exponent, like 2 to the x power). They undo each other, just like subtraction undoes addition. Easy!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
[-] The following 1 user Likes alab21's post:
  • Rustydroid
CSM can go into lots of different places. It can replace business statistics, it can serve as a science class, it can also work as a general elective. It’s very flexible. In regards to the other math class you need to graduate. I completed College algebra through straighterline. It was challenging, but absolutely doable if you go through everyone of the problems and make sure you understand the concepts. Augmenting the lessons with YouTube videos and working through a graphing calculator helped immensely. You can do it!
Current Course(s): Business Administration Capstone BUS-421 (TESU)

AMU (9); CSM (3); CLEP (15); DSST (3); InstantCert (15); Institutes (3)Military (51); Sophia (6); Straighterline (15); Study.com (6); Thomas Edison State University (3); University of Alaska (12)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Not_a_robot_101's post:
  • CSMlearn
(04-11-2020, 09:50 AM)alab21 Wrote:

Sophia’s College Algebra is doable! I too was dreading College Algebra, but I passed it!! Smile Have you tried it? Or you could try Aleks math (directly or via ASU).  

I think a lot of people fear those old high school nemesis courses bc we had bad experiences with them. But for most of us, there was no internet when we went through. No extra help. You either got it or you didn’t - too bad if you didn’t.

Sophia could use more (optional) practice problems.  I highly recommend working the examples with them on any topics you aren’t getting immediately, and taking notes. Khan Academy has more practice problems, though some of khan’s questions seem to be worded more challenging imho - sal Khan totally scared me away from logarithms, which are silly easy once you get them (thank you Sophia!!), and know how to plug them into a calculator. You just rearrange the exponential, (which is just a fancy name for a number with a variable in the exponent, like 2 to the x power). They undo each other, just like subtraction undoes addition. Easy!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

Good point on the old HS nemesis!  As far as where I am, I am done with Sophia STATS and was very doable to get through.  In the interim, I completed American History I and then Project Management.  Both quite nice to complete.  

On Sophia Algebra, I started this morning and worked through the third milestone with a 97%.  I suppose I could just breeze through i but I like the learning aspect.  

Thus far, the SOPHIA offer has resulted in Stats, Am History I (replaced a CLEP!!) and Project Management.  12 hours.  Not too shabby thus far.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BrianFallon's post:
  • alab21
Hi! I just took CSM Learn and am wondering the same question. Did your CSM learn certificate go in as stats or college algebra? I'm also aiming for the BSBA GM at TESU.

Aiming for TESU BSBA-GM, ASNSM in Biology, ASNSM in Computer Science
(11-15-2020, 02:59 AM)elenlushk Wrote: Hi! I just took CSM Learn and am wondering the same question. Did your CSM learn certificate go in as stats or college algebra? I'm also aiming for the BSBA GM at TESU.
Saw a badge for CSMlearn on Acclaim, does it send the transcript that way after completion?
(11-15-2020, 02:59 AM)elenlushk Wrote: Hi! I just took CSM Learn and am wondering the same question. Did your CSM learn certificate go in as stats or college algebra? I'm also aiming for the BSBA GM at TESU.

It will transfer as TESU STA-201 Principles of Statistics
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

[-] The following 1 user Likes GizmoJack's post:
  • elenlushk
(11-15-2020, 10:27 PM)Seagull Wrote:
Saw a badge for CSMlearn on Acclaim, does it send the transcript that way after completion?

It's supposed to send a badge invitation, I finished the course over the past weekend and haven't received the badge invitation yet so I've contacted their support email. Waiting for their reply.

Aiming for TESU BSBA-GM, ASNSM in Biology, ASNSM in Computer Science
(11-16-2020, 02:15 AM)elenlushk Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 10:27 PM)Seagull Wrote:

It's supposed to send a badge invitation, I finished the course over the past weekend and haven't received the badge invitation yet so I've contacted their support email. Waiting for their reply.
Thanks
I'd like to know if it transfers first before I purchase it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 723 58 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 272 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch