Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA with ASNM/AS option, FAFSA, PF.....
1)Does anyone knows if Strategic Management from PF transfer to TESU for business AOS or will that overlap with capstone?

2)Does anyone recommend a BSBA and an AS at Pierpont or an ASNM and BSBA at TESU if one meets most of the requirements? Which is cost effective? Or all three worth it for the extra $300 at pierpont? 

3)How could one maximize FAFSA if they’re eligible if I end up choosing TESU? Assuming the load is hard to go full time with a capstone. What kind of classes at TESU should be taken 
In order to have some aid assuming TECEP for Med-term, cornerstone, capstone? I’m financially affected by the covid. 

Thanks for the help.
(05-20-2020, 06:53 PM)Edriveless Wrote: 1)Does anyone knows if Strategic Management from PF transfer to TESU for business AOS or will that overlap with capstone?

2)Does anyone recommend a BSBA and an AS at Pierpont or an ASNM and BSBA at TESU if one meets most of the requirements? Which is cost effective? Or all three worth it for the extra $300 at pierpont? 

3)How could one maximize FAFSA if they’re eligible if I end up choosing TESU? Assuming the load is hard to go full time with a capstone. What kind of classes at TESU should be taken 
In order to have some aid assuming TECEP for Med-term, cornerstone, capstone? I’m financially affected by the covid. 

Thanks for the help.

1. TESU now requires that you take the capstone with them so there is no way to duplicate it. So it wouldn't duplicate either it would transfer in as something else or not transfer at all. I'm guessing it would transfer but you would have to ask TESU or send them your transcripts.

2. There is no point in getting an associates first it won't give you any more credits then if you just transferred all the courses individually. WGU does a block transfer type deal with an associates but TESU does not. It would not be worth the extra money to get associates as far as transferring to TESU goes.

3. TESU requires 6 credits in a term to go full-time. You also must take 6 credits (3 credit capstone, 3 credit SOS-110) at TESU in order to graduate. To make the best use of financial your best is to take 16 credits total at TESU. If you do all 16 credits in one term that would be the cheapest option. However not everyone can handle that or wants to do 16 credits at once, so 2 - 3 terms would be more doable. 
If you don't 16 credits at TESU you must pay a $2800 fee and there won't be any Pell Grant money left after using it for your classes to cover that. You can't use financial aid on TECEPs and they don't count for the 16 credit requirement. As far as which courses to take at TESU, you should either take easy courses (if want a lighter load) or courses that can't be found with ACE/NCCRS etc.
By taking 16 credits at TESU vs 16 you'd save anywhere from $700 - $1500+ if you get aid. However, the trade-off is it will likely be more work doing TESU vs ACE courses and it will take longer to complete.
(05-20-2020, 08:35 PM)natshar Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 06:53 PM)Edriveless Wrote: 1)Does anyone knows if Strategic Management from PF transfer to TESU for business AOS or will that overlap with capstone?

Thanks for the help.

1. TESU now requires that you take the capstone with them so there is no way to duplicate it. So it wouldn't duplicate either it would transfer in as something else or not transfer at all. I'm guessing it would transfer but you would have to ask TESU or send them your transcripts.

2. There is no point in getting an associates first it won't give you any more credits then if you just transferred all the courses individually. WGU does a block transfer type deal with an associates but TESU does not. It would not be worth the extra money to get associates as far as transferring to TESU goes.

3. TESU requires 6 credits in a term to go full-time. You also must take 6 credits (3 credit capstone, 3 credit SOS-110) at TESU in order to graduate. To make the best use of financial your best is to take 16 credits total at TESU. If you do all 16 credits in one term that would be the cheapest option. However not everyone can handle that or wants to do 16 credits at once, so 2 - 3 terms would be more doable. 
If you don't 16 credits at TESU you must pay a $2800 fee and there won't be any Pell Grant money left after using it for your classes to cover that. You can't use financial aid on TECEPs and they don't count for the 16 credit requirement. As far as which courses to take at TESU, you should either take easy courses (if want a lighter load) or courses that can't be found with ACE/NCCRS etc.
By taking 16 credits at TESU vs 16 you'd save anywhere from $700 - $1500+ if you get aid. However, the trade-off is it will likely be more work doing TESU vs ACE courses and it will take longer to complete.

So it is like taking 3 courses and 1 credit of something to get the 2800 waived? Any recommendations what courses are doable and easy to accomplish?
so 6 credits will be fulltime and that makes grants you the full amount of the pell grant or I need 16 in one term?
(05-20-2020, 10:50 PM)Edriveless Wrote:

Thanks for the help.

So it is like taking 3 courses and 1 credit of something to get the 2800 waived? Any recommendations what courses are doable and easy to accomplish?
so 6 credits will be fulltime and that makes grants you the full amount of the pell grant or I need 16 in one term?

T

To get fee waived:
16 credits= 6 courses
5 courses (3 credits each)
1 course (1 credit)

6 credits is part time. The way the pell grant works is you get more money based on the number of courses you take at once.
So if you only take 6 credits (which is minimum to get the pell grant and the minimum required at TESU) you won't get as much then if you took 16 at once. Bt you don't have to take all 16 at once to waive the fee, you just need 16 somehow.

Most people on this fourm only take 6 credits are TESU and then pay the wavier. This is a good option to consider.

The only reason I"m suggesting taking 16 credits ( 6 courses) at TESU is that it will be cheaper. But it will take more time and be more work. But in July TESU might raise $2800 fee even more so then it might save you even more money by taking 16.

It all depends on what you value more time or money?

The maximum pell grant is about 6400/yr but you might not get that much and it is divided by semester and the amount of classes you take.
(05-20-2020, 11:49 PM)natshar Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 10:50 PM)Edriveless Wrote:

Thanks for the help.

T

To get fee waived:
16 credits= 6 courses
5 courses (3 credits each)
1 course (1 credit)

6 credits is part time. The way the pell grant works is you get more money based on the number of courses you take at once.
So if you only take 6 credits (which is minimum to get the pell grant and the minimum required at TESU) you won't get as much then if you took 16 at once. Bt you don't have to take all 16 at once to waive the fee, you just need 16 somehow.

Most people on this fourm only take 6 credits are TESU and then pay the wavier. This is a good option to consider.

The only reason I"m suggesting taking 16 credits ( 6 courses) at TESU is that it will be cheaper. But it will take more time and be more work. But in July TESU might raise $2800 fee even more so then it might save you even more money by taking 16.

It all depends on what you value more time or money?

The maximum pell grant is about 6400/yr but you might not get that much and it is divided by semester and the amount of classes you take.

Assuming (I wish) I’m approved for the entire amount of $6400.
How much would I be paying TESU and what courses is worth taking at TESU that is not available through ACE?
UL business courses?

How do I spread it out to get the max grant? Take 2 courses three semesters or 3 courses on two sems?

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 729 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch