Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA with foreign credits
(11-11-2019, 10:06 PM)pgsatx Wrote: Hi everybody, 

I finally enrolled at TESU and ready to start taking away courses. I recall, last year I was a bit too ambitious and considered some study plans (I did not know how many credits would transfer over to TESU with my evaluation from WES) such as CIS, Marketing etc.

After careful consideration and keeping my mind my overall goal of getting an accredited bachelors degree in US, I have found the following:

BSBA General Management
Total Credit required = 120
Total Credit applied = 70
Total remaining credit = 50

This is the best scenario by far where I have to complete only 50 credits. Everything else is above 50 credits, from what I have compared. 

I have charted out a plan for now and would appreciate if anybody could please take time and review. What I would like you to review and comment on:

-Subjects in General Education Electives that I could think about and make it quicker with testing out.
-Any other item that I missed in the plan
-Where can I find information on whether I could test out on most of the subjects (where do I compare TESU list of course against subjects that can be tested out? Compare the course numbers in sites such as Saylor etc.?)

Thanks,
sodaspr

Can you post your evaluation so we know for certain what you're missing? Remove your personal information. And just to confirm you are located in the US, correct?
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Hi Allvia,

Thanks for replying. I see that you have BSBA, General Management from TESU. That will definitely help guiding me. In your post, did you mean the evaluation from WES that was sent to TESU? If so, I have attached it in a previous post. In the study plan that I attached in my previous post, I have highlighted all the subjects in green that TESU has marked complete in the Academic Evaluation for BSBA General Managment.

I can attach a screenshot of the academic evaluation in TESU as well. Yes, I am located in the US and have US domicile
(11-12-2019, 11:27 AM)pgsatx Wrote: Hi Allvia,

Thanks for replying. I see that you have BSBA, General Management from TESU. That will definitely help guiding me. In your post, did you mean the evaluation from WES that was sent to TESU? If so, I have attached it in a previous post. In the study plan that I attached in my previous post, I have highlighted all the subjects in green that TESU has marked complete in the Academic Evaluation for BSBA General Managment.

I can attach a screenshot of the academic evaluation in TESU as well. Yes, I am located in the US and have US domicile

Seeing the official TESU evaluation for the BSBA-GM would be most helpful. Plus, sometimes members here see things that TESU placed in the "Other" section that can be moved to meet requirements that were missed originally.
Amberton University

(11-12-2019, 12:26 PM)allvia Wrote:

Seeing the official TESU evaluation for the BSBA-GM would be most helpful. Plus, sometimes members here see things that TESU placed in the "Other" section that can be moved to meet requirements that were missed originally.
Hi, Thank you for all the attention. Attaching the screenshots from TESU Academic Evaluation

(11-12-2019, 01:38 PM)pgsatx Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 12:26 PM)allvia Wrote:

Hi, Thank you for all the attention. Attaching the screenshots from TESU Academic Evaluation

Attached Files
.png   2.png (Size: 45.04 KB / Downloads: 19)
.png   1.png (Size: 27.51 KB / Downloads: 17)
.png   3.png (Size: 52.21 KB / Downloads: 16)
.png   4.png (Size: 55.52 KB / Downloads: 14)
.png   5.png (Size: 55.16 KB / Downloads: 13)
.png   6.png (Size: 69.17 KB / Downloads: 11)
.png   7.png (Size: 71.37 KB / Downloads: 12)
.png   8.png (Size: 67.62 KB / Downloads: 17)
.png   9.png (Size: 61.38 KB / Downloads: 14)
For me uploading isn't working, I'm sorry. I can see your files.
From Other Courses: ACC412 Company Auditing OR ACC499 Income Tax Law & Accounts should be moved up to Group 2 to replace ACC285, as you're short UL on the AOS if not.

I would challenge (appeal) the F: GE Electives ECO270 Statistics as meeting the E: Statics requirement (it just requires an email to TESU)

Take the Free Institutes Ethics course to meet your B: Ethical Leadership, if your already good at math I'd recommend ALEKS for the College Algebra requirement (quick and cheap - add one of their statics course too if your appeal is denied.)  Everything else you need is available through Study.com that would be my suggestion - max 5 courses per month limit.  I believe TEEX credits (free) can be used to meet the D: Understanding the Physical and Natural World.  CLEP is an option too for some of what your missing - Gen Eds subjects and the business CORE such as Mirco/Macro, Marketing (one test and done - if you pass, can be done for free through Modern States).

Here are what topic/subject relate to each section on the evaluation for Gen Eds: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2016-and-after
Amberton University

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
(11-12-2019, 03:04 PM)allvia Wrote: From Other Courses: ACC412 Company Auditing OR ACC499 Income Tax Law & Accounts should be moved up to Group 2 to replace ACC285, as you're short UL on the AOS if not.

I would challenge (appeal) the F: GE Electives ECO270 Statistics as meeting the E: Statics requirement (it just requires an email to TESU)

Take the Free Institutes Ethics course to meet your B: Ethical Leadership, if your already good at math I'd recommend ALEKS for the College Algebra requirement (quick and cheap - add one of their statics course too if your appeal is denied.)  Everything else you need is available through Study.com that would be my suggestion - max 5 courses per month limit.  I believe TEEX credits (free) can be used to meet the D: Understanding the Physical and Natural World.  CLEP is an option too for some of what your missing - Gen Eds subjects and the business CORE such as Mirco/Macro, Marketing (one test and done - if you pass, can be done for free through Modern States).

Here are what topic/subject relate to each section on the evaluation for Gen Eds: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2016-and-after

Awesome, thank you for taking time to review and the recommendation. I will write back to TESU regarding GE electives. 
So, in the meantime, I will start looking into the low hanging subjects and register for them soonest.

Thank you all for your time. I will post about TESU verdict on "I would challenge (appeal) the F: GE Electives ECO270 Statistics as meeting the E: Statics requirement"
(11-12-2019, 07:35 PM)pgsatx Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 03:04 PM)allvia Wrote: From Other Courses: ACC412 Company Auditing OR ACC499 Income Tax Law & Accounts should be moved up to Group 2 to replace ACC285, as you're short UL on the AOS if not.

Awesome, thank you for taking time to review and the recommendation. I will write back to TESU regarding GE electives. 
So, in the meantime, I will start looking into the low hanging subjects and register for them soonest.

Thank you all for your time. I will post about TESU verdict on "I would challenge (appeal) the F: GE Electives ECO270 Statistics as meeting the E: Statics requirement"

Hi Allvia,

I sent an email to the admission/evaluation committee but I am curious now:
If F: GE Electives ECO270 Statistics meets  E: Statics requirement (within Mathematics) will I not have to pick statistics again in F group?

ps. I took screenshot of the groups 
1. from other courses
2. group e and f regarding statistics

To remind myself of the course number I copied over your line "I would challenge (appeal) the F: GE Electives ECO270 Statistics as meeting the E: Statics requirement (it just requires an email to TESU)" in the message body while drafting. Then somehow, oddly enough while trying to increase my font size with control/command +shift + > key, gmail client sent the email out !!!!

So, I had to follow up with another email apologizing for accidentally sending a draft. phew   Cry  oh well.
(11-12-2019, 08:57 PM)pgsatx Wrote: Hi Allvia,

If F: GE Electives ECO270 Statistics meets  E: Statics requirement (within Mathematics) will I not have to pick statistics again in F group?

1. from other courses

To remind myself of the course number I copied over your line "I would challenge (appeal) the F: GE Electives ECO270 Statistics as meeting the E: Statics requirement (it just requires an email to TESU)" in the message body while drafting. Then somehow, oddly enough while trying to increase my font size with control/command +shift + > key, gmail client sent the email out !!!!

So, I had to follow up with another email apologizing for accidentally sending a draft. phew   Cry  oh well.

Correct, If they move ECO270 Statistics to the MATH then you will not have to take another statistics.  Picking Gen Eds are pretty easy on your own if you use that TESU link I shared; use it to give you topic/subject ideas that meet the requirements. In example for B: Diversity Intercultural Literacy I took Intro to World Religions through Study.com (SDC).

Straighterline (SL) also have course that fit what you need - https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...niversity/

Here is the CLEP equivalency link if you do opt for those one and done exams, again those are free if you go through Modern States - https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/c...am-program

OnlineDegree (OD) also offers some options practically free ($9 exam) that work for what you're missing - https://www.onlinedegree.com/free-courses/

Since the majority of what you're missing are Gen Eds you have the luxury of choosing providers based on price point or simply personal preference. In example you have many options for your Written Communications requirements; you can take two separate courses from your preferred provider such as SDC/SL, or you could take one CLEP College Composition (essay required) to cover both.
Amberton University

(11-13-2019, 08:43 AM)allvia Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 08:57 PM)pgsatx Wrote: Hi Allvia,

1. from other courses

Correct, If they move ECO270 Statistics to the MATH then you will not have to take another statistics.  Picking Gen Eds are pretty easy on your own if you use that TESU link I shared; use it to give you topic/subject ideas that meet the requirements. In example for B: Diversity Intercultural Literacy I took Intro to World Religions through Study.com (SDC).

Straighterline (SL) also have course that fit what you need - https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...niversity/

Here is the CLEP equivalency link if you do opt for those one and done exams, again those are free if you go through Modern States - https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/c...am-program

OnlineDegree (OD) also offers some options practically free ($9 exam) that work for what you're missing - https://www.onlinedegree.com/free-courses/

Since the majority of what you're missing are Gen Eds you have the luxury of choosing providers based on price point or simply personal preference. In example you have many options for your Written Communications requirements; you can take two separate courses from your preferred provider such as SDC/SL, or you could take one CLEP College Composition (essay required) to cover both.

Yesterday in the evening I wrote back to TESU to consider my appeal for 
1. F: GE Electives ECO270 Statistics meets  E: Statics requirement (within Mathematics) 
2. Other courses: Can we make use of either ACC412 and ACC499 to replace Group 2 subject ACC 285

This morning I when I logged back into academic evaluation again under General Management, I noticed that the required SH had changed completely.
I reached out to the academic program advisor and she clarified that:
-Online evaluation was an estimation and that once I confirmed my choice as General Management, an advisor had to manually update the selection of my course of choice and update the evaluation to consider foreign credits and adjust them manually. There is a time limit of courses taken over 7 years, 9 years etc.

To summarize: 
BSBA-General Management
Total SH =120 123
Foreign Credit: 70 50
Total Required SH = 50 73

I am attaching the evaluation in word doc again for BSBA and BALIBST. 

I am not disappointed, I understand my last educational course was back in time. Just perspiring that I have a stack of coursework instead to cover for more SH. I have to choose what sucks least even if I have to cover more credits (BALIBST v/s BSBA Gen Mgmt). 

[size=small][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What do you all think after looking at the evaluation?

Attached Files
.docx   BA_LIBST_Academic_Evaluation.docx (Size: 131.85 KB / Downloads: 6)
.docx   BSBA_Gen_MGMT_Academic_Evaluation.docx (Size: 133.45 KB / Downloads: 7)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 163 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 236 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP