Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSIT vs BACS
 Hi everyone
Thanks a lot for your help. I ve noticed many of the members here enroll in BACS degree. Nevertheless when I went through multiple degree plans I ve realized that most of the courses which are chosen belong to BSIT program.  Thus, I have question, is it possible to use the Area of study courses from IT degree as many here to apply towards BACS and successfully fulfill comsci electives even though electives presented by TESU don’t match IT Area of Study courses?

As I understand I can’t lock the catalog for BACS if I will apply now for BSIT. So I am not sure what is the best option – to apply to BSIT and feel safe that I follow TESU presented study plan? Or apply for BACS and hope it will go well with IT Area of study courses? Of cause I would prefer to get BACS degree but If I can’t cover all comsci courses through study.com or other providers I would consider BSIT degree.Hope someone can give me good advice on this one since I must apply ASAP
Thanks a lot Smile
(03-16-2020, 09:52 AM)Cofffeee Wrote:  Hi everyone
Thanks a lot for your help. I ve noticed many of the members here enroll in BACS degree. Nevertheless when I went through multiple degree plans I ve realized that most of the courses which are chosen belong to BSIT program.  Thus, I have question, is it possible to use the Area of study courses from IT degree as many here to apply towards BACS and successfully fulfill comsci electives even though electives presented by TESU don’t match IT Area of Study courses?

As I understand I can’t lock the catalog for BACS if I will apply now for BSIT. So I am not sure what is the best option – to apply to BSIT and feel safe that I follow TESU presented study plan? Or apply for BACS and hope it will go well with IT Area of study courses? Of cause I would prefer to get BACS degree but If I can’t cover all comsci courses through study.com or other providers I would consider BSIT degree.Hope someone can give me good advice on this one since I must apply ASAP
Thanks a lot Smile
I'm not sure what you are asking. Locking in catalog can be for any degree so I'm not sure how you can lock in the catalog for one but not the other.

The computer science degree is doable via study.com, and coopersmith and tecep if needed. The IT degree might not be doable especially considering some of the study.com computer courses are now no longer accepted. Also the IT degree requires two lab sciences and less room for free electives if computer Science is your first choice degree anyways then jsut go with that. If you really want to do IT I would make sure it is doable at tesu first given the recent changes. It might be worth looking at wgu and other schools for IT. Also if you would like to earn both degrees per the note I got from tesu. If you want to earn two degrees in the same cycle you have to have 24 credits different between the two aos also it requires two Capstones. This does not seem possible or if is it would be very difficult. If I were you I would just do computer Science especially since it sounds like that is what you want.
Thanks so much for advice. I will go for BACS in this case
(03-16-2020, 10:02 AM)natshar Wrote: I'm not sure what you are asking. Locking in catalog can be for any degree so I'm not sure how you can lock in the catalog for one but not the other.

When you lock in a catalog, it's for a specific degree.  If you end up changing degrees in a new catalog year, you are moved to the new catalog.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you so much. So if i will apply for BSIT and decide to change to BACS later. I will have to follow new catalog. Am i right?
Greatly appreciated your info
(03-16-2020, 02:09 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 10:02 AM)natshar Wrote: I'm not sure what you are asking. Locking in catalog can be for any degree so I'm not sure how you can lock in the catalog for one but not the other.

When you lock in a catalog, it's for a specific degree.  If you end up changing degrees in a new catalog year, you are moved to the new catalog.
Makes sense. But as right now the new catalog change isnt until July. Also if OP didnt already earn a Bachelor's degree they can just have both on their evaluation and lock in both and then pick one later.
I dont think TESU will allow you to enroll in both degrees since they very similar so i will have to decide
(03-16-2020, 02:32 PM)natshar Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 02:09 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Makes sense. But as right now the new catalog change isnt until July. Also if OP didnt already earn a Bachelor's degree they can just have both on their evaluation and lock in both and then pick one later.

Cofffeee... please! I am a bit sleepy & tired *runs and grabs a bottled Starbucks drink*. Let's get down to the bottom of things... From looking at your previous thread and posts on this and the sister board, you're interested in 3 degrees/things. 1) BSBA CIS, 2) BSIT, 3) BACS. The only two test-out-able options are BSBA CIS & BACS, the BSIT is so close with the exception of a couple of courses... Here's my suggestion from that previous post: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid301686

This post is an update to my previous suggestion and it's in terms of applying to TESU, when you apply don't waste time with selecting the degree plan. Once your application goes through, email TESU academic advising to add the other degree plan to lock the catalog year for BOTH. You can enroll in TWO associates & TWO bachelors at the same time. So add BSBA CIS and BACS or if you prefer the BSIT, it doesn't matter, pick one and add the other right after the application.

Last but not least, re-read the info I had in the previous thread. You should stop guessing and start working on the cheap/free credits first to get your general education/other requirements completed. If you didn't know already, the 3 degrees have 90 - yes, about 90 credits that overlap, it's the final 30 credits that determine your degree of choice. Get those 90 done first and decide...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I will do that
Thanks a lot for wisdom  Smile
(03-16-2020, 02:40 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: I dont think TESU will allow you to enroll in both degrees since they very similar so i will have to decide

You apply for one degree - then you can email them to add a second official evaluation (you can have two official degree evaluations active prior to enrolling).
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 431 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 415 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 434 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,259 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 244 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,176 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 225 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 352 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 295 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 270 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27