Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Bachelor’s Canadian equivalency
(09-27-2021, 12:22 PM)elenlushk Wrote: I was wondering if anyone has submitted their TESU bachelors degree to an academic evaluation service before? I’m looking into Canadian schools at the moment and was wondering if my TESU bachelors degree would have issues being equivalent to a Canadian bachelors degree due to my transcript showing too many transfer credits? Only the corner stone and capstone would have a GPA.

I was wondering the same thing, do you have an update for us?
One of my friends got his Harvard extension Master's evaluated as the Canadian equivalent.

He used UofT's service so distance learning shouldn't be a problem. And TESU's degree should be okay for immigration purposes ECA.

But if you're seeking substantial equivalency evaluation (like for medicine and engineering degrees) there're some different and very strict processes that may not recognise all your credits.
BEng(Mcgill) BSc(Lond.) MPhil(UCL) 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MA(Athabasca) 
MBA (ENEB/UE1) 
Masters in Big Data and Business Intelligence (ENEB/UE1) - in progress
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planning:
BA History/ Anthropology/ Archeology
Would a BA in Computer Science from TESU be equivalent in Canada for immigration purposes (WES recognised)? Even with credit transfer?
Does anyone have ever done it?
[-] The following 1 user Likes chottard1's post:
  • ACR1200
Would a BA in Computer Science from a US online university that is regionally accredited, be equivalent in Canada for immigration purposes (WES recognised)?
If I obtain a bachelor's degree in 2 years from TESU, would that translate into a 4 years bachelor's degree in Canada through WES?
(06-03-2023, 06:59 AM)chottard1 Wrote: Would a BA in Computer Science from a US online university that is regionally accredited, be equivalent in Canada for immigration purposes (WES recognised)?
If I obtain a bachelor's degree in 2 years from TESU, would that translate into a 4 years bachelor's degree in Canada through WES?

A TESU bachelor degree is a US RA 4 year degree; it doesn't matter how long it actually takes you to complete it (complete it in 2 years or 6 years - still a 4 year degree)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • ACR1200
@chottard1, I've merged your thread to this one. Basically, what allvia mentioned...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • allvia
The Canadian Federal Express Entry Program requires an evaluation of credentials through various third parties, to include the World Education Services, and various provincial colleges.

When I searched the WES database, TESU didn't appear on the recognized colleges, which is quite frustrating, considering TESU lists the WES as one of the agencies responsible for evaluating foreign credits for transfer. I personally e-mailed Alberta's IQAS evaluation service, and they gave me the run-around: they didn't specify if TESU meets the requirements.

IQAS requirements:

IQAS only conducts assessments of education obtained at institutions that meet the following recognition criteria:
- The institution is formally approved by a designated competent authority within its own country as a quality institution.
- The institution is widely accepted by other institutions and agencies, both within and outside the country.

Review your country’s educational institution recognition process if you’re unsure if your institution meets this criteria.

When reviewing your application, IQAS checks:

- level of education
- duration of study
- general content of study
- function of program

They may or may not accept regional accreditation, because there are other factors at play, including duration of study. The good news is that Canada allows you to use several different organizations to evaluate any credentials, so if one fails, maybe another won't?
(06-03-2023, 06:59 AM)chottard1 Wrote: Would a BA in Computer Science from a US online university that is regionally accredited, be equivalent in Canada for immigration purposes (WES recognised)?

None of us is licensed attorney in Canada. Credential for immigration purpose is a whole different beast. Degrees accepted for educational or employment purpose may not be applicable for immigration benefits. Physical presence and duration of study are important criteria as far as immigration is concerned. My advice is consult an immigration attorney and don't trust a single word on this forum including mine. The last thing anyone wants is a seemingly "smart" shortcut/loophole ends up costing you time, money and most importantly, offering false hope of immigration benefits.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fmsoa's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch