Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Bachelors in History ..test out?
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone taken the Bachelors in History at TESU? If so, is it possible to test out of most or all of it?
I am wrapping up the requirements for this degree currently. The only class besides the cornerstone and Capstone that can't be tested out of currently is Historical Methods, which can be taken online through TESU, American Public University, or Fort Hays State University (there are surely other options, but these are the most common suggestions if you're pursuing the BA in History). Here is a plan for this Area of Study:

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/My...in_History
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(03-27-2019, 11:22 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: I am wrapping up the requirements for this degree currently. The only class besides the cornerstone and Capstone that can't be tested out of currently is Historical Methods, which can be taken online through TESU, American Public University, or Fort Hays State University (there are surely other options, but these are the most common suggestions if you're pursuing the BA in History). Here is a plan for this Area of Study:

Thank you so much, I have about 90 credits of LL work, do you suggest contacting the school or posting on here to see what, if any classes fulfill the Plan requirements?
My recommendation would be to apply to TESU (and possibly also Excelsior, as they also have a History degree) to get official evaluations, but also post your credits here so we can help you plan out what to do while waiting on your evaluation. What History-related courses have you taken?
Completed:

Up Next:

(03-27-2019, 11:33 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: My recommendation would be to apply to TESU (and possibly also Excelsior, as they also have a History degree) to get official evaluations, but also post your credits here so we can help you plan out what to do while waiting on your evaluation. What History-related courses have you taken?
I have all of this Smile

School #1, juco on semester schedule

Psych 130 ,    Personal Adjustment,                         3 credits, Gen Ed
Philo 115,      Religious Comparisons & Inquiry,        3 credits, Gen Ed
Psych 101,    General Psychology,                           3 credits, Gen Ed
Socio 150,     Ethnicity & Culture in America,            3 credits, Gen, Ed
SpCom 102,  Intro to  Human Comm.,                     3 credits, Gen Ed
PE 109,        Performance Through Mental Training, 3 credits, Gen Ed
Anthro 101,  Physical Anthropology,                        3 credits, Gen Ed
Polsc 110,    International Relations,                       3 credits, Gen Ed
Music 110,   Music Appreciation,                             3 credits, Gen Ed
Hea 110,      Healthful Living,                                 3 credits, Gen Ed
Pe 108,        Care & Prev of Athletic Inj. ,                3 credits, Gen Ed
Human 101, Intro to Humanities,                            3 credits, Gen Ed
Hist 101,      History of US to 1877,                         3 credits, Gen Ed
Engl. 101,    Comp. & Reading,                               3 credits, Gen Ed
Hea 101,      Emerg. Response / CPR,                      3 credits, Gen Ed
Csci 201,     General Computer literacy,                    3 credits, Gen Ed
Busad 230,  Personal Finance,                                 3 credits, Gen Ed
PE 121 ,      Coaching Effectiveness,                        3 credits, Gen Ed
PE 100,       Into to Physical Ed.,                             3 credits, Gen Ed
Hist 106,     World Civ to 16th Cent.,                       3 credits, Gen Ed
Engl. 169,   Children's Literature,                            3 credits, Gen Ed
Philo 105,   Crit. Reason & Analytic Writing,             3 credits, Gen Ed
Art 160,      Appreciation of Art,                              3 credits, Gen Ed
Psych 110,  Human Sexualities,                              3 credits, Gen Ed
Hist. 129,    History of California,                            3 credits, Gen Ed

School #2 juco on semester schedule

Lbst 10,    Intro to Education,                                3 credits, Gen Ed
Math 62,   Algebra for Liberal Arts,                         5 Credits, Gen Ed

currently enrolled in Math 105, Basic Structures of Math, 3 credits, Gen Ed
Others can better advise on terms of the GenEd requirements, but for History it looks like the requirements you'll have completed are US History I and Western Civilization I.

Are you near a DSST testing center? As far as we know, the only test-out for the Non-Western History requirement is the Soviet Union DSST.

Edit: You'll also have your lower level History elective filled. So you'll need:

Western Civilization II
US History II
Non-Western History
Historical Methods
Three upper level History electives
Capstone

(This is in addition to GenEd requirements you might not have filled yet)
Completed:

Up Next:

(03-27-2019, 12:14 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Others can better advise on terms of the GenEd requirements, but for History it looks like the requirements you'll have completed are US History I and Western Civilization I.

Are you near a DSST testing center? As far as we know, the only test-out for the Non-Western History requirement is the Soviet Union DSST.

Edit: You'll also have your lower level History elective filled. So you'll need:

Western Civilization II
US History II
Non-Western History
Historical Methods
Three upper level History electives
Capstone

(This is in addition to GenEd requirements you might not have filled yet)

Thank you for the great info!
I have a BA in History from TESU and you can test out of all of it but the Historical Methods requirement and the Capstone. I chose to take Chinese History from TESU instead of taking the USSR DSST, but that was my call
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsh1138's post:
  • tls7291
(03-27-2019, 12:44 PM)jsh1138 Wrote: I have a BA in History from TESU and you can test out of all of it but the Historical Methods requirement and the Capstone. I chose to take Chinese History from TESU instead of taking the USSR DSST, but that was my call

Thanks for info, good to know!
(03-27-2019, 11:31 AM)tls7291 Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 11:22 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: I am wrapping up the requirements for this degree currently. The only class besides the cornerstone and Capstone that can't be tested out of currently is Historical Methods, which can be taken online through TESU, American Public University, or Fort Hays State University (there are surely other options, but these are the most common suggestions if you're pursuing the BA in History). Here is a plan for this Area of Study:

Thank you so much, I have about 90 credits of LL work, do you suggest contacting the school or posting on here to see what, if any classes fulfill the Plan requirements?
Some of the Study.com history courses in that plan are no longer Upper Level. Does anyone have a shortlist of currently UL alt credits?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,356 04-18-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 532 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 457 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 480 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,236 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 236 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 377 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 301 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 280 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27