Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - Best Academic Advisor?
THANK YOU, MNomadic!

I honestly didn't think that I would need accommodations.  I guess, who does, right?  I thought I had this in the bag, after doing hours of Competency Based training and learning, I just never thought that a "traditional" environment would throw me off.  Looking back on my online learning experience, my current employer and one of my past employers embraced the approach, and I thrive(d) in the environment.  You can imagine that this reaction is a big shock to me, LOL

But thank God...and the forum members here.  THANK YOU MNomadic, I needed that info too, because I will be taking 1 more 3 credit hour course, and three 1 credit hour courses...so this is immensely beneficial.  THANK YOU!!!!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
I haven't had great experiences so far from sending emails, only once was someone fairly helpful when I took the time to call in.

They don't seem to take the time to read the emails properly and I definitely agree to keep it to one question, but unfortunately, they don't even seem to address those properly sometimes. As mentioned, they close the help desk call right after their reply and then once you reply, it is re-opened.

I have been going back and forth about one of my previous courses where I had to send in the course syllabus. It's been dragging on for weeks now.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
Thank you Davewill and Dfrecore, I am also a bit behind on my assignments and will write to my mentor for an extension. I have one quick question, I am not yet 50% done with my course assignments and discussions, and the course ends OCT 28. Can I just get right up to the 50% or a bit past that then request the extension with the mentor? I will be cutting it close to 50% by that date... any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated, especially from those who have requested an extension and gotten one... A BIG THANKS to you all.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
(10-11-2018, 04:46 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: Thank you Davewill and Dfrecore, I am also a bit behind on my assignments and will write to my mentor for an extension.  I have one quick question, I am not yet 50% done with my course assignments and discussions, and the course ends OCT 28.  Can I just get right up to the 50% or a bit past that then request the extension with the mentor?  I will be cutting it close to 50% by that date... any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated, especially from those who have requested an extension and gotten one... A BIG THANKS to you all.

It's really important to communicate with the mentor. If you miss an assignment date without PRIOR agreement, the mentor is obligated by school rules to dock points. Because I told my mentor each time I was going to be late, he chose to dock NO points. They are also the ones who verify you have completed 50% of the coursework, so they should be able to tell you how far you have to get before you can request the extension. It may be as simple as finishing half of the modules (however many your course has). Start the process with the mentor now, and make a plan to successfully finish. 

Note that the extension is only 8 weeks, so if you haven't made it through 50% here at, I guess, 9 weeks or so, you may be cutting it really close to finish even with the extension.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I'm glad you mentioned this Davewill. I have tried to reach out to one of my Mentors twice, via phone during office hours, both times going to voicemail. One time she didn't call me back. Today she sent me a private message and asked me to email her (I called her Monday...lol)

All the while, I'm just missing assignments because I haven't spoken with here yet. Frustrating, but I guess it's time to whip out the email and get things documented Thanks for the heads up!

(10-11-2018, 05:18 PM)davewill Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 04:46 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: Thank you Davewill and Dfrecore, I am also a bit behind on my assignments and will write to my mentor for an extension.  I have one quick question, I am not yet 50% done with my course assignments and discussions, and the course ends OCT 28.  Can I just get right up to the 50% or a bit past that then request the extension with the mentor?  I will be cutting it close to 50% by that date... any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated, especially from those who have requested an extension and gotten one... A BIG THANKS to you all.

It's really important to communicate with the mentor. If you miss an assignment date without PRIOR agreement, the mentor is obligated by school rules to dock points. Because I told my mentor each time I was going to be late, he chose to dock NO points. They are also the ones who verify you have completed 50% of the coursework, so they should be able to tell you how far you have to get before you can request the extension. It may be as simple as finishing half of the modules (however many your course has). Start the process with the mentor now, and make a plan to successfully finish. 

Note that the extension is only 8 weeks, so if you haven't made it through 50% here at, I guess, 9 weeks or so, you may be cutting it really close to finish even with the extension.
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 573 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 423 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,041 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,077 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,967 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,304 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Financial aid for ACE credits ---> TESU? CourtneyBrooke 11 1,382 01-31-2022, 04:36 PM
  "My Valuable, Cheap College Degree" from Athur Brooks, TESU grad now Harvard Prof mahaganapati 10 2,780 12-24-2021, 08:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  English degrees besides TESU, UMPI? Ideas 1 873 12-13-2021, 10:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Modern States: Mention of TESU+WGU (DF member?) bjcheung77 2 952 10-28-2021, 05:28 PM
Last Post: GizmoJack