Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Bio and Chem Lab Classes
Good morning all,

I will have to take Bio and Chem with lab fairly soon. I was curious how difficult these two lab classes are having to do the labs at home.

I really wish there was an easier way to go about these two. I am using my Post 9-11 Bill to pay tuition and to take these classes at a community college is a pain in the butt.
If you would like a less expensive option to complete at home vs going to a local CC campus - I did my Bio I w/lab online through Clovis (NM, https://www.clovis.edu/) and it was very straight forward. It didn't require a kit to be purchased - they provided you with a list of supplies that were readily available locally and very price friendly (if you have a Walmart near you, you could get them).  I can't speak to their Chem I w/lab, but I suspect it is similar.  You can search the class offering schedule through this link: http://www.clovis.edu/publications/index.aspx
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • a4tunatemom, JerseyDan
My son is currently taking Chemistry with lab from Clovis and he loves it. He is normally not interested in science but this class is for non-science majors and is very doable. So far all of the supplies that were needed for the experiments we already had at home or were easily found at the grocery store. Hope this helps!
[-] The following 1 user Likes a4tunatemom's post:
  • JerseyDan
I dont find good clovis information. Only a 2 year program?
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
(09-06-2019, 10:33 AM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: I dont find good clovis information. Only a 2 year program?

They are a B&M CC here in the US that offers traditional online courses; they only offer associate degrees so all their offerings are LL credits.  The NM public CCs offer very affordable tuition rates for those who are out-of-state; so it is a good option for things you need LL but just cannot get easily through alternative options (such as level II sciences w/Lab).

In this case the OP is using a form of financial aid that can only be used to pay for traditional college courses (not through alternative credit providers which is what is most often talked about here). If the OP has a set $ amount this could be a way to get the same credit for a much lower cost - leaving money left to use towards other courses.   TESU Bio I w/lab is over a $1000 (even military is $750+), at Clovis the same course credit can be earned for about $350.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Aah understand!
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
(09-06-2019, 10:01 AM)allvia Wrote: If you would like a less expensive option to complete at home vs going to a local CC campus - I did my Bio I w/lab online through Clovis (NM, https://www.clovis.edu/) and it was very straight forward. It didn't require a kit to be purchased - they provided you with a list of supplies that were readily available locally and very price friendly (if you have a Walmart near you, you could get them).  I can't speak to their Chem I w/lab, but I suspect it is similar.  You can search the class offering schedule through this link: http://www.clovis.edu/publications/index.aspx

This is awesome!! Thank you so much. I am going to look into it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 726 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch