Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Biology II w / lab - Straighterline Accepted?
Hello, does anyone know if Straighterline Anatomy & Physiology II - BIO202 fulfills the TESU Biology ASNSM Biology II requirement?

Also can anyone confirm if Straighterline's Microbiology Lab - BIO250L or Introduction to Biology Lab - BIO101L fulfills TESU's lab requirement in addition to the Straighterline A&P lab?

I've been corresponding with an advisor but the responses haven't been complete. They recent response was that I had to take Biology II from TESU but I don't see a Biology II in their undergraduate catalog.
If you mean that you're getting the ASNSM in Biology, then no, TESU won't accept other courses (Microbiology or A&P) as Bio II. But you also don't have to take the course at TESU.

Your best bet is to use a community college to take it. If your state doesn't have it inexpensively, then you can use a school at a less expensive state, like AZ or NM. NMJC has Bio II w/lab available online for the spring semester, as either an 8-week or 16-week course for 4cr. Tuition is only $69/cr for out-of-state.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you for the responses and suggestion of NMJC online course.
I wanted to add to the thread in case someone else is looking for the same information the CLEP Biology exam actually fulfills both General Biology I & II for TESU with 6 credits but still leaves you needing a lab.

I'm currently looking to see if you can take the lab only anywhere online but the advisor is not aware of it.

Still seems very strange that TESU offers a Biology Associates & Bachelors but doesn't offer the requisite course
(12-06-2019, 03:51 PM)Kalpa Wrote: ...
Still seems very strange that TESU offers a Biology Associates & Bachelors but doesn't offer the requisite course

A lot of their degree program are like that. They specialize in degree completion and expect students to bring a lot of transfer credit, so they have programs that rely on it.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(12-06-2019, 03:51 PM)Kalpa Wrote: I wanted to add to the thread in case someone else is looking for the same information the CLEP Biology exam actually fulfills both General Biology I & II for TESU with 6 credits but still leaves you needing a lab.

I'm currently looking to see if you can take the lab only anywhere online but the advisor is not aware of it.

It still leaves you needing TWO labs!

COSC doesn't offer every course for all of the degrees they offer either.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Just an FYI, If you can take the CLEP, I would advise going for the AP Biology instead as it will count as 8 credits - Bio I and Lab, Bio II and Lab (3 credits course + 1 credit lab) for TESU. If you can't take the AP Biology, then I recommend doing a Biology I Lab at StraighterLine and finding a Biology II Lab elsewhere.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-07-2019, 08:39 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 06:53 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just an FYI, If you can take the CLEP, I would advise going for the AP Biology instead as it will count as 8 credits - Bio I and Lab, Bio II and Lab (3 credits course + 1 credit lab) for TESU.  If you can't take the AP Biology, then I recommend doing a Biology I Lab at StraighterLine and finding a Biology II Lab elsewhere.

Unfortunately, finding a school this late in the school year makes AP pretty slim chance at this point.

The deadline to register has passed - but I think there may be late registration available for a hefty fee.  You'd also have to find a place where you'll be allowed to take the test, which is VERY difficult to do.  I think you're probably out of luck for AP Bio.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 723 46 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Free TECEPs Offer for Accepted-but-not-Enrolled PLEX 3 213 03-20-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 271 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy