Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Business degree - can I complete the rest thru SDC?
Hi all,

I seem to revisit this site and my interest in getting a degree every couple of years. I've been self-employed while raising 2 special needs kids, but now more than ever as I head towards middle-age, there's a part of me that feels that if I ever want to sell or close my business and work elsewhere, i should at least have a Bachelors in business on a resume. I have very few credits currently (see below), so I am basically just at the start.

I prefer asynchronous, fast-paced and the least restrictive path to a business degree, likely from TESU. (of course, cost matters.. but convenience and ease matters more).

It seems that this process is constantly changing, so even though I have tried to read all the more recent posts, I could use some guidance.

Here is the what I have done so far over the years and all but the LSU grade is banked at ACE.
  • Beginning Algebra  (ALEKS)
  • Business Statistics (ALEKS)
  • Intermediate Algebra (ALEKS)
  • Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct  (American Institute For Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters/The Institutes) completed March 2018
  • Developing Effective Teams (SOPHIA Learning, LLC)
  • The Essentials of Managing Conflict (SOPHIA Learning, LLC)

CLEPS:
  • Sociology  (75)
  • American Government (67) 
  • College Algebra (72) 
Other:
  • Principles of Financial Accounting (LSU Online - 3 cr)

1) Which TESU business degree would be best for me? I'm leaning towards a BSBA - Accounting but maybe there is a smarter option.

2) Given what I have already done, is there any TESU degree that I could complete with SDC alone (aside from the required capstone)? It seems like the style of study at SDC as well as the proctoring best fits my needs.

3) Once I have decided on the degree, do I get it done first and THEN apply to TESU? Or should I apply to TESU first and then start the credits.
If you like accounting and are good at it, I found BSBA Accounting to be very easy. All of the courses have formula sheets which lessens the load for memorization.

I was able to complete all my UL for accounting through SDC plus the Federal Income Tax TECEP. I have no accounting experience but I do have professional work experience and I'm a good test taker.

I still haven't decided if I'm doing the capstone, spending the extra $4k or whatever on one class when I might not need the piece of paper doesn't seem worth it. (Also it just sounds like quite the time commitment in general)

FWIW, OnlineDegree.com and Davar use the same proctoring vendor as SDC
1) It's up to you which concentration you get, General Management (unlike it sounds) is just a generic concentration where you need things from 3 out of the 4 areas. I prefer a concentration that's more specific myself, but that's just preference. Do whichever one appeals to you the most.

2) TESU has a limit of 90cr from a single source; so 120cr less the 2 courses/6cr for the cornerstone and capstone = 114cr, less the 22cr you've completed = 92cr, so you'll have to take at least 2cr from another source.

3) For TESU, you apply, and then you need to stay enrolled so you register for a TECEP once a year and that will keep your catalog locked in.

4) You didn't ask, but I'm just going to let you know that COSC is basically the same for the BSBA, but about $2500 less. They have fewer concentrations, but they're still available (you could choose Small Business for example). For someone with a lot of credit, it can be a pain to fit in the UL coursework, but when you're still in the beginning stages, it's really easy. You can take an UL Business Ethics course for example, to get your UL and Ethics requirement met; same with an UL US History course, and an UL Global Understanding course, and an UL SocSci course. It's pretty simple. The main difference is that you want to wait to enroll, because they charge by the term, and you don't want to pay for terms where you're not taking any courses. So you go in with 114cr and finish in 1-2 terms depending on timing for the cornerstone and capstone.

5) WGU may also be a good option. You enroll once you've completed 90cr, and finish in 1 term (and you need to go fairly fast).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Since you're into Study.com, I would also recommend Onlinedegree.com as their format is similar to Study.com and only at $9/3 credits. It's essentially, viewing all the videos (10%) quizzes (50%) and a final (40%) of the grade. So, don't fast forward a video, just go at it normal speed while you do something else if you don't want to view it - or 1.25/1.5 speed and wait for the time to complete before you close it (it's worth 10% of the grade).

The quiz is a bit weird as you won't know which questions you got wrong, but you should have a spreadsheet or something to keep track of your quiz marks to determine your current %. Generally, if you pass the final with 50% or higher, you should be able to get 70% cumulative average to get the 3 credits. Davar is a good option as well for UL business courses. Work on your gen eds/pro business requirements before worrying about the AOS.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 11 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 279 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 257 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 235 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 266 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 236 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger