Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU COMPUTER SCIENCE PLAN
Hi guys, anyone could help me to make a detailed plan with the courses that i should take for a COMPUTER SCIENCE degree. I will use study.com and etc. I already started to TEEX's cybersecurity lessons. Thanks in advance.
(03-19-2019, 05:06 AM)mgmar22 Wrote: Hi guys, anyone could help me to make a detailed plan with the courses that i should take for a COMPUTER SCIENCE degree. I will use study.com and etc. I already started to TEEX's cybersecurity lessons. Thanks in advance.

Are you doing the B.A. in Computer Science?

Most of the computer science courses that you'll need are on Study.com. I'm planning on doing the same degree, but I already have some credits. Between Saylor, Davar Academy, a TECEP exam, and Study.com, I think I have things covered. A data structures course is rumored to be coming.

Acquiring enough upper level courses is the biggest obstacle, otherwise. We have a thread on that here:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...r-Level-UL

I'll note that I'm not within reasonable distance of a DSST testing center.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
(03-19-2019, 11:06 AM)udi Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 05:06 AM)mgmar22 Wrote: Hi guys, anyone could help me to make a detailed plan with the courses that i should take for a COMPUTER SCIENCE degree. I will use study.com and etc. I already started to TEEX's cybersecurity lessons. Thanks in advance.

Are you doing the B.A. in Computer Science?

Most of the computer science courses that you'll need are on Study.com. I'm planning on doing the same degree, but I already have some credits. Between Saylor, Davar Academy, a TECEP exam, and Study.com, I think I have things covered. A data structures course is rumored to be coming.

Acquiring enough upper level courses is the biggest obstacle, otherwise. We have a thread on that here:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...r-Level-UL

I'll note that I'm not within reasonable distance of a DSST testing center.
Yes, i'm doing B. A. in Computer Science. My problem is that i live in abroad and i have to take courses with cheap price range. They told me that you can transfer 90 credits. But i was going to transfer 114 credits and will take 6 credits courses from them. I'm confused now. I hope i can complete my degree in TESU. I really want it. I need to make a plan about all courses. Otherwise i can't afford TESU's courses which will be 30 credits.
Also thank you for your post.
(03-19-2019, 11:23 AM)mgmar22 Wrote: Yes, i'm doing B. A. in Computer Science. My problem is that i live in abroad and i have to take courses with cheap price range. They told me that you can transfer 90 credits. But i was going to transfer 114 credits and will take 6 credits courses from them. I'm confused now. I hope i can complete my degree in TESU. I really want it. I need to make a plan about all courses. Otherwise i can't afford TESU's courses which will be 30 credits.
Also thank you for your post.

The 90 credit limit is from a single provider, so once you've done 90 from Study.com, you need to get the rest of the 114cr to transfer from other providers like TEEX, Straighterline, OnlineDegree, Saylor, etc... So make sure that you identify the courses that you can only get from Study.com and the ones that are available elsewhere before you take a lot from Study.com.

In practice, it's actually pretty hard to get than 90cr from a single provider.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
For the BA in Comp Sci if you're not a US citizen you'll need to take minimum 4 courses from TESU, possibly 5 cause you'll be 2 UL credits short thats not eay to get if you're outside the US.

Cater US ~10k
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(03-19-2019, 12:17 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: For the BA in Comp Sci if you're not a US citizen you'll need to take minimum 4 courses from TESU, possibly 5 cause you'll be 2 UL credits short thats not eay to get if you're outside the US.

Cater US ~10k
10k for the degree or 4 courses? Couldn't i complete my degree around 8k? Hmm...
Should i go for the UoPeople then?
10k for the degree. Factor in procotor costs, your SDC, SL etc membership fees, cornerstone, capstone, intro to programming, data structures plus an additional UL compsci course along with residency waiver, application and graduation fee. Its about that.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(03-19-2019, 12:28 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: 10k for the degree. Factor in procotor costs, your SDC, SL etc membership fees, cornerstone, capstone, intro to programming, data structures plus an additional UL compsci course along with residency waiver, application and graduation fee. Its about that.
Does it worth it? Or should i look for an another option? 
UoPeople's NA diploma does not look enough for me. 
I really want that Compter Science Diploma.  Smile
(03-19-2019, 12:31 PM)mgmar22 Wrote: Does it worth it? Or should i look for an another option? 

I would say so, but everybody's finances are different. To my thinking 10K is still very cheap, and an NA degree may limit you depending on where you end up wanting to work. That said, a UoPeople degree will undoubtedly get you jobs.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(03-19-2019, 12:17 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: For the BA in Comp Sci if you're not a US citizen you'll need to take minimum 4 courses from TESU, possibly 5 cause you'll be 2 UL credits short thats not eay to get if you're outside the US.

Cater US ~10k
You can get the UL courses now without DSST and CLEP. Study.com has 3. Davar has one and TECEP has one. The problem is data structures (for now), cornerstone, and capstone. Everything else can be done elsewhere.

(03-19-2019, 12:31 PM)mgmar22 Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 12:28 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: 10k for the degree. Factor in procotor costs, your SDC, SL etc membership fees, cornerstone, capstone, intro to programming, data structures plus an additional UL compsci course along with residency waiver, application and graduation fee. Its about that.
Does it worth it? Or should i look for an another option? 
University of the People only allows 50% transfer credits or more but on an exception basis only. They are cheaper, but they are not regionally accredited, it is difficult to get in contact with someone there, and the peer grading system is a HUGE drag. I do like them, but I like credit by exam better.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,975 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 279 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 359 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 205 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch