Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Capstone Registration
Consider following up on your email request with a call tomorrow via the advisement expressline. I seem to get a quicker response by doing so.
TESU BSBA Accounting 2019 (In progress)
Sure. Will do that. I live in India, and for the past three days, I haven’t been able to sleep properly. All TESU emails arrive between 1-3 am (2:30-4:30 pm ET), and I am having to wake up several times at night to check on what’s going on. I am an early riser; I wake up by 4:30 am, but by then their office is closed!
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(02-27-2019, 08:17 PM)Supermind Wrote: I had sent an email request to the registrar at TESU, about expediting the academic evaluation process for me, so I can enrol for the Capstone. Today, I received an email that it is done. I logged on to see that they have missed evaluating one very important 3-credit UL course from study.com!! I had planned with my advisor for this to be part of my AOS. Also, one of the 2-credit TEEX courses which I completed way back in September and transferred back then itself, has been chucked out of my academic evaluation, as there are currently more than 120 credits planned in my evaluation. As a result, it shows that I currently only have 95 credits, instead of 100! This is quite frustrating, but I guess these oversights are due to some automatic computer program that evaluates credits? I have written to them again, asking to check the study.com transcript well, and include the upper level course. And also bring in the TEEX course, and chuck out some other unfinished course for the time being.

After courses are processed and added to your record I believe they will be populated based on an algorithm which tries to find the best spot for each course, but it isn't all that intelligent. My first pass at automatic population ended up like you, with a bunch of courses in the wrong spot so I ended up being short 3-4 credits of graduation, with those extra courses stuck in other places and too many unused credits. I ended up having to open a ticket with advising and ask them to move specific courses around to match my own planned course positioning. The second pass they missed a couple of things so that time I ended up being short by 0.34 credits or something. The third try was the charm... after another ticket, they finally got everything worked out so I met graduation requirements and the 1.67 unused credits I had were those I expected.

So yeah, don't be afraid to ask them to move stuff where you want it. But be prepared to think creatively if things don't match what you imagine. For example, I had one course that I couldn't put where I wanted, but I was able to replace it with another course during the third revision so everything fit; I still ended up with as few unused credits as possible.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Thank you Merlin! Your story is quite amusing. All I want at this point is that they acknowledge that I have 100 credits, and open the Capstone registration for me! This is becoming like some super nerve-racking video game, which requires me to earn a certain number of points to open the next level.

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

(02-27-2019, 08:47 PM)Supermind Wrote: Thank you Merlin! Your story is quite amusing. All I want at this point is that they acknowledge that I have 100 credits, and open the Capstone registration for me! This is becoming like some super nerve-racking video game, which requires me to earn a certain number of points to open the next level.

Hehe! Funny you should mention the game reference since I approached my degree like a puzzle game. Figuring out what went where and the best order to complete things to maximize knowledge transfer was all part of the fun for me. So dealing with a few hiccups at the end with advising and moving my courses around just felt like more of the same. Luckily I had built enough redundancy into my plan that I was flexible enough to make a few changes to get back on track rather than delay my graduation because I was missing 1 GE credit.

Part of me thinks advising purposefully made me 1 GE shy so I'd take the cornerstone course to make up the difference. However, I made it clear that wasn't acceptable since I knew I had the right number of credits; it was just a matter of rearranging a few courses to make everything fit properly. Smile
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
Hi Merlin. Tell me this- how did your credits reflect in decimal figures like 0.64? As far as I know, they are only numbers like 1, 2, 3 etc. Does this confusion with credit shortages always happen around the final evaluation? If so, please tell me how I can prepare for it.

@Supermind

My assumption is that it has to do with converting some of his credits from quarter hours to semester hours. When doing that, you multiply by 2/3 - meaning that a standard 5 credit class becomes 3.33 after conversion.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(02-28-2019, 12:26 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: @Supermind

My assumption is that it has to do with converting some of his credits from quarter hours to semester hours. When doing that, you multiply by 2/3 - meaning that a standard 5 credit class becomes 3.33 after conversion.

I also had a couple of 1.5 credit courses from my CC....Fractions Happen.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(02-28-2019, 10:17 AM)Supermind Wrote: Hi Merlin. Tell me this- how did your credits reflect in decimal figures like 0.64? As far as I know, they are only numbers like 1, 2, 3 etc. Does this confusion with credit shortages always happen around the final evaluation? If so, please tell me how I can prepare for it.

mysonx3 got it exactly right. In my case, I had 13 quarter hour credits divided between 4 courses from my old community college days. When converted to semester hour credits, I received between 0.67 and 2.67 semester hour credits per course.

TESU uses the 2/3 rule and rounds up to the nearest hundredths, so 1 qh = 0.67, 2 qh = 1.33 sh, etc.

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
How much are people paying for the Capstone? I was told by TESU that it is $1497 normally and $1425 with the Study.com discount.

I seem to recall people recently paying only $1125. Was there a 2019 price hike?
TESU BSBA Accounting 2019 (In progress)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 726 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 361 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy