Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Capstone topics
Hi. Has anyone ever done the, “Creative project”, option or does the professor simply dictate? The other 2 choices I see are: Research and Applied. I am pursuing a BALS (no specific focus). Thanks
I'm currently doing the 'Applied' project option, my BALS has no focus either. The professor does not dictate its your choice, just check with them first once you think of a topic. I chose my applied project to be on a Solar energy harvesting device that IoT developers can use to prototype products with. I am designing and my professor said it was a good choice for an applied project. Just choose something you are passionate about, I think that is the most important thing.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Thank you. My career field is interesting (Infosec). However, I’d be hard pressed to find anything at work to write about. Maybe I could release a virus and document what happens ? jk
you can do it literally on anything you want it to be on. it doesn't have even be in your area of study. i found the open endedness of it to be a bit overwhelming

my advice would be to pick something small and keep it small. the capstone paper will balloon if you let it
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

I’m taking LIB495 capstone in August. For anyone that is about to or has completed this course, I’m hoping I could get a couple questions answered. It looks like the research paper I’d the best route? Any insight? Is the format of the paper spelled out anywhere? I think it suppose to be 25 pages but is there a breakdown of the content or set up? I want to select a topic and start putting the paper together ASAP. Thank you.
(07-23-2018, 12:37 PM)Modum Wrote: I’m taking LIB495 capstone in August. For anyone that is about to or has completed this course, I’m hoping I could get a couple questions answered. It looks like the research paper I’d the best route? Any insight? Is the format of the paper spelled out anywhere? I think it suppose to be 25 pages but is there a breakdown of the content or set up? I want to select a topic and start putting the paper together ASAP. Thank you.
I am currently doing it. You can seach the forum for the format and stuff but in the Guided Study option you just submit a chapter each week and the course documents guide you every step of the way. 25 pages really isnt that much when you think about the paper structure.
Any route is best just choose one that is most appealing to you. Do it on something you love. I wont start putting the paper together yet if I were you but I would think about a topic and start gathering information you need for you topic, get as much credible sources you need for your topic.

Dont think of it like a 'paper' think of it like recording your thoughts as you gather insight about something you always wanted to find out about.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Thanks for your reply. I searched for the format with no luck as of yet. I have a topic in mind. Do you know how many source citations are called for?
For starters, have you read the requirements for the course, syllabus and the pdf textbook? It's somewhat concise & short.
My thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-2018-Term

I would hold off and not do anything yet, I am also in the August 2018 Term. I will research, decide on Topic and Option.
I am going to go through each of the threads that I linked to, including to the ones on the Wiki, you may want to as well.

By the way which option did you choose? Guided Study or Online? If online, who's your instructor? I am doing the online version and my instructor is Christine Hansen, I was going to choose Randy Otto, but decided to go with her as the reviews were better. Modium, which degree are you going for?
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
(07-23-2018, 01:51 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: For starters, have you read the requirements for the course, syllabus and the pdf textbook?  It's somewhat concise & short.
My thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-2018-Term

I would hold off and not do anything yet, I am also in the August 2018 Term.  I will research, decide on Topic and Option.
I am going to go through each of the threads that I linked to, including to the ones on the Wiki, you may want to as well.

By the way which option did you choose? Guided Study or Online? If online, who's your instructor? I am doing the online version and my instructor is Christine Hansen, I was going to choose Randy Otto, but decided to go with her as the reviews were better.  Modium, which degree are you going for?

I have read the requirements and the syllabus along the instructions for module 1 and 2.  I have not previewed the book yet.  The Wiki link isn't active anymore.  I chose OL with Dr. Heather Brown.  She had some good reviews as well so I juts went for it.  My degree is Liberal Studies with a focus on Business Management.   I am also attending Kean University full time for a degree in Criminal Justice.  You?  I
I ended up with Otto. Good luck to you all

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 12 659 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 158 4 hours ago
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,576 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 620 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 546 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 280 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,329 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 255 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 554 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 410 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM