Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Certificate, A Few Details
For the undergraduate certificates at TESU:
  • Can you use courses to fulfil the certificate requirements, and at the same time use those same courses as GE/FE courses for your undergraduate degree?
  • Are there any other fees other than the courses themselves (certificate along with an undergraduate degree)?
(I'm doing the BA of English and missing GE/FE courses. If the above works out, I'm thinking getting a Certificate of Psychology could be worth it.)
Yes, I think that you could take all of the courses required for the Psych cert, they'd be part of the courses used for your BA in English, and they'd count (so you don't have to take those courses in addition to your English major and degree requirements). But I'm not 100% certain on that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Go for it! Getting an additional certificate and/or associates is well worth it if it doesn't add money/time...
1) Yes, You can get the 18 credits required for a certificate, it'll be using the same General Education or Free Electives area.
2) There are no additional costs for the certificate if you get it the same time as your associates or bachelors degree.

In fact, for the ones who pre-plan their degree very well, they can get two certs, as the GE is 17-20 credits and the FE are worth 27 credits, in total that is more than the required 18/certificate. So, for example, if you're into Accounting, CIS or something else that they offer, you can get that in addition to the Psychology certificate.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • pws
Wow! This is a great post. I have more than the necessary requirements in my BA-LS for Psychology certificate. I will add this too! Do I have to pay an extra fee to get a certificate?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(04-06-2019, 11:00 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Go for it!  Getting an additional certificate and/or associates is well worth it if it doesn't add money/time...
1) Yes, You can get the 18 credits required for a certificate, it'll be using the same General Education or Free Electives area.
2) There are no additional costs for the certificate if you get it the same time as your associates or bachelors degree.

In fact, for the ones who pre-plan their degree very well, they can get two certs, as the GE is 17-20 credits and the FE are worth 27 credits, in total that is more than the required 18/certificate.  So, for example, if you're into Accounting, CIS or something else that they offer, you can get that in addition to the Psychology certificate.

Oh, nice!

Looks like all the courses of the Psychology Cert. can be done at Study.com.

There's only the Social Psychology and Abnormal Psychology courses that I'm not sure about. On the TESU course table, the first is listed as PSY-379 Social Psychology, but on the Study.com-TESU equivalency page, it transfers in as PSY-245 : Social Psychology (245 instead of 379). Would that still work?

Same thing with Abnormal Psychology (transfers in as PSY-246 instead of PSY-350).
Someone has posted on another thread, that for certificates, the course numbers must match exactly. Not sure though. Bcos I took all those courses on study.com for my BA-LS (Psychology), and they have all been included in my eval.
Another thing I am noticing today is, I don’t see the certificate in psychology option when I search the ‘what if’ feature in my academic eval. page. Is that option unavailable for me, bcos I am already pursuing BA-LS with a Psychology concentration, or has TESU scrapped it altogether? Please check on your academic eval page, if that option is available for you?

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

(04-07-2019, 01:16 AM)Supermind Wrote: Someone has posted on another thread, that for certificates, the course numbers must match exactly. Not sure though. Bcos I took all those courses on study.com for my BA-LS (Psychology), and they have all been included in my eval.
Another thing I am noticing today is, I don’t see the certificate in psychology option when I search the ‘what if’ feature in my academic eval. page. Is that option unavailable for me, bcos I am already pursuing BA-LS with a Psychology concentration, or has TESU scrapped it altogether? Please check on your academic eval page, if that option is available for you?

The BALS w/Psych concentration IS the certificate.  Per the website:

Psychology Concentration

The concentration in Psychology offered under the BA degree in Liberal Studies is an 18-credit program that focuses on psychological principles and research methods, and explores the psychological approaches to various problems in the humanities, social sciences and the life sciences. Students who complete this concentration may also earn an Undergraduate Certificate in Psychology.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Oh ok. Makes sense. But what does ‘May earn a certificate’ imply? I should ask for it?

(04-07-2019, 01:16 AM)Supermind Wrote: Someone has posted on another thread, that for certificates, the course numbers must match exactly. Not sure though. Bcos I took all those courses on study.com for my BA-LS (Psychology), and they have all been included in my eval.

I was wrong about the course numbers matching exactly, just the titles of the courses have to match read my updated post. The post was just my experience yours may be different.
(04-07-2019, 03:14 AM)Supermind Wrote: Oh ok. Makes sense. But what does ‘May earn a certificate’ imply? I should ask for it?

No, asking for it won't work. There is a link on the graduation page, you fill it in for certificates, and there is NO fee.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 281 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Review: Coursera Google UX Design Certificate nyjosh 4 2,500 02-26-2024, 04:30 AM
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 672 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Question Google IT Support Certificate Renewed Chankosumo 38 5,649 10-25-2023, 12:31 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,386 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Google Digital Marketing and E Commerce Professional Certificate now now ACE MNomadic 19 5,897 08-11-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  New Google Cybersecurity Professional Certificate LevelUP 5 1,336 06-15-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 858 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 702 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,174 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM