Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Civic & Global Learning Section
(04-26-2019, 12:10 PM)Acam10 Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 12:07 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 11:36 AM)Acam10 Wrote: Thanks so much. Just checking would the Religion 101 class at Study.com transfer into TESU as Religion 405? I wasn't sure since it was an upper level course transfer?

No, it transfers as REL-277

Link: https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab

(04-26-2019, 12:10 PM)Thank you again. So just to be clear b/c I don\t see Rel-277 on the list for General Education Electives for the Business General Mgmt degree, would it still transfer as a GE elective? Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 12:07 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 11:36 AM)Acam10 Wrote: Thanks so much. Just checking would the Religion 101 class at Study.com transfer into TESU as Religion 405? I wasn't sure since it was an upper level course transfer?

No, it transfers as REL-277

Link: https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab

It'll count as a GE elective, yes. It might also count as Diversity if you need that, but I'm not sure. Definitely as a GenEd elective.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Thank you again!! So just to be clear b/c I don\t see Rel-277 on the list for General Education Electives for the Business General Mgmt degree, would it still transfer as a GE elective?

How could I find out if it would transfer as a diversity credit in the Civic and Global Learning section bc I need one more in that section?
(04-26-2019, 12:20 PM)Acam10 Wrote: Thank you again!! So just to be clear b/c I don\t see Rel-277 on the list for General Education Electives for the Business General Mgmt degree, would it still transfer as a GE elective?

How could I find out if it would transfer as a diversity credit in the Civic and Global Learning section bc I need one more in that section?

Keep in mind that the list of courses that TESU provides is specifically for their own courses. There are plenty of transfer courses that will fulfill degree requirements that TESU doesn't show since it can't possibly know every potential course someone may try to transfer in.

In general, Gen Ed courses will fall into the following course codes at TESU...
  • Humanities: ART, COM, ENG, FIL, HUM, LIB, LIT, JOU, MUS, PHI, PHO, REL, languages
  • Social Sciences: ANT, AOJ, ECO, ETH, GLB, GOG, HIS, POS, PSY, SOC
  • Physical & Natural World (inc. Comp Science): AST, BIO, CHE, CIS, COS, EAS, ELE, ENS, FIT, GEO, GER, PHY
  • Quantitative Literacy/Mathematics: MAT, STA
  • Written Communication: ENC
There are exceptions, of course, but that is a pretty generalized list of GenEds. If a course transfers in as one of those codes, it will probably fall into the preceding category and count as GenEd credits.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(04-26-2019, 01:21 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 12:20 PM)Acam10 Wrote: Thank you again!! So just to be clear b/c I don\t see Rel-277 on the list for General Education Electives for the Business General Mgmt degree, would it still transfer as a GE elective?

Keep in mind that the list of courses that TESU provides is specifically for their own courses. There are plenty of transfer courses that will fulfill degree requirements that TESU doesn't show since it can't possibly know every potential course someone may try to transfer in.

• Humanities: ART, COM, ENG, FIL, HUM, LIB, LIT, JOU, MUS, PHI, PHO, REL, languages
  • Physical & Natural World (inc. Comp Science): AST, BIO, CHE, CIS, COS, EAS, ELE, ENS, FIT, GEO, GER, PHY
There are exceptions, of course, but that is a pretty generalized list of GenEds. If a course transfers in as one of those codes, it will probably fall into the preceding category and count as GenEd credits.
Thank you.
(04-26-2019, 01:21 PM)Merlin Wrote: Keep in mind that the list of courses that TESU provides is specifically for their own courses. There are plenty of transfer courses that will fulfill degree requirements that TESU doesn't show since it can't possibly know every potential course someone may try to transfer in.

Do you know what codes are generally required for Diversity?
Working on TESU BSBA Operations Management. Graduating 2019
Courses (6cr): OPM 411, OPM 415
SDC (12cr): ENG 105, BUS 120, BUS 312, LIB 101
CLEP (12cr): Humanities, Natural Sciences
The Institutes (2cr): Ethics
(04-30-2019, 07:22 PM)hallk33 Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 01:21 PM)Merlin Wrote: Keep in mind that the list of courses that TESU provides is specifically for their own courses. There are plenty of transfer courses that will fulfill degree requirements that TESU doesn't show since it can't possibly know every potential course someone may try to transfer in.

Do you know what codes are generally required for Diversity?

The diversity courses come in as a number of different codes since the designation is based on the content of a course rather than its discipline. Diversity courses include content that discusses world cultures, histories, gender differences, etc.

Some example courses that TESU offers to fulfill the diversity requirement include:
  • ANT-101: Introduction to Anthropology
  • COM-335: Elements of Intercultural Communication
  • GLB-301: Global Issues in Society
  • GOG-230: World Geography
  • HEA-305: Women's Health
  • HEA-306: Men's Health
  • HIS-126: World History from 1600 to Present 2
  • HIS-210: American Civil Rights Movement
  • HIS-261: Introduction to Chinese History and Culture
  • HIS-301: African History and Culture
  • HIS-306: African American History
  • LDR-422: Leadership in a Global Environment
  • MAN-372: International Management
  • POS-282: Introduction to Comparative Politics 2
  • POS-315: International Relations I
  • POS-420: Conflict in International Relations
  • PSY-270: Psychology of Women 2
  • REL-275: An Introduction to Islam
  • REL-405: World Religions
  • REL-406: Eastern Religions
  • REL-407: Western Religions
  • SOC-101: Introduction to Sociology 1, 3
  • SOC-210: Marriage and the Family 1
  • SOC-322: Cultural Diversity in the United States
Obviously, you can take courses from elsewhere. As long as they have a course title similar to one of the courses listed above, chances are good that it will meet the diversity requirement.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch