Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont for mom
Ytt Checking in again with an update and a question.  Mommy has now finished Art History 1, Art Histort 2, Developing Effective Teams, Environmental Science, Introduction to Sociology, The Essentials in Managing Conflict, US History 2, and Visual Communications.  She is enrolled in Ancient Greek Philosophers and Intro to Psychology.  We haven’t received an update from UMPI but that’s ok.  We want the process to move slowly to give her more time to finish Sophia courses.                 My question, should we got the Pierpont route for the AAS before UMPI?  I sorta think she’d be over the moon excited about getting that piece of paper and if I’m understanding it correctly, I think she just about has everything she needs for it. It just seems like it’s complicated and might take a long time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes khwmom24's post:
  • ashkir
What degree is she looking to complete? I wouldn't apply to UMPI until she's ready to enroll. Once you're accepted you're basically enrolled for the next term and she'll need permission to transfer in additional courses. She can transfer in 90 credits. She might as well get as many transfer credits as possible.

An associates won't give her anything at UMPI except a high school transcript waiver.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • ashkir
An Associate's from Pierpont may not grant anything to Pierpont but there's no real reason NOT to go ahead and get the degree anyway. Especially if it'll make your mother happy. The only additional cost is that of sending her prior school transcripts to Pierpont.

What RA credits does she have? IIRC, she has some? With just her Sophia courses, it sounds like she still needs Intro to IT, one more math or science, and one more Communications (suggest Communication at Work due to it only needing 1 Touchstone) course to meet the core requirements. And then there is the total credit requirement of 60 credits.

The whole thing isn't too complicated to obtain but it's also not as straightforward as other schools can be. Most of the process involves waiting. Waiting for your letter. Waiting for the transcripts to be reviewed. Waiting for your graduation to be processed.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Degree Planning Advice - Pierpont to UMPI or WGU ElBert 11 659 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Rainbow Am I On Track? Pierpont to UMPI Princ3OfCrim3 2 426 12-15-2023, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Princ3OfCrim3
  Degree Advice - Pierpont, UMPI, WGU? Darknigh7 14 963 12-10-2023, 12:30 PM
  Pierpont/UMPI degree plan/course fulfillment help vesparza15 6 593 10-06-2023, 06:52 PM
  degree plan for Pierpont to UMPI for BABA or BAS any4yeardegree 5 628 09-13-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: any4yeardegree
  Pierpont to Bachelor's Degree MidtownNYC 2 439 09-04-2023, 10:56 AM
  Pierpont to Bachelor's Degree? adaggiote 2 457 08-12-2023, 10:44 AM
  An Update: Pierpont AAS BoG to WGU BSIT, looking for feedback/advice! Alec311 9 965 07-27-2023, 10:38 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Pierpont BOG AAS to UMPI BAS-MIS ToBeIT 19 3,532 07-02-2023, 06:00 PM
  WGU BSCS or Pierpont->UMPI->MS swellguy 26 2,127 06-13-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: LevelUP