Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Clep degree plan for GF
Hello,

You guys were help with setting me up with a degree plan and link for clep-ing my way into TESU BACS especially the super mod [b]rachel83az.[/b]

Now my gf needs help. She would like to do an associates with TESU and clep along with me. She has one credit from Midland Tech in South Carolina and a few credits from College of Charleston both regionally accredit.

She's looking at the associates of arts degree which imo would be the easiest/fastest to clep. She has a government job so having any degree regardless of the field is a plus.

I've attached a copy of her unofficial transcripts. Thanks in advance!

Attached Files
.pdf   mygf.pdf (Size: 189.36 KB / Downloads: 23)
I would only recommend getting an AA or two en route to getting the Bachelors. If your GF pays for the residency waiver fee, she has pretty much paid for the Bachelors residency waiver fee as well, she just has to pay for an extra capstone course to get the Bachelors. Again, get the Associates en route to the Bachelors... Here are a few links from the Wiki, courtesy of Rachel83Az: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...gree_Plans and https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ca...gree_Plans
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • probablystupid
I'm going to second the advice from BJ. Graduating with just an associates degree at TESU doesn't make sense. If your gf wants an associates degree ASAP and isn't sure about completing a bachelors, then the Pierpont BOG AAS may be the best option. That transcript looks like it already has enough RA credits, so CLEP and ACE should take care of the rest.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like jch's post:
  • rachel83az, ss20ts
(07-10-2021, 08:34 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I would only recommend getting an AA or two en route to getting the Bachelors.  If your GF pays for the residency waiver fee, she has pretty much paid for the Bachelors residency waiver fee as well, she just has to pay for an extra capstone course to get the Bachelors.  Again, get the Associates en route to the Bachelors...  Here are a few links from the Wiki, courtesy of Rachel83Az: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...gree_Plans  and https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ca...gree_Plans

I understand what you mean. She would prefer the BSBA General Management. Although she don't know how she'll do with clep-ing the finance/accounting courses but she'll try.

We'll research it more after she apply on Monday and see if we can organize the cleps from easiest to hard.
Again thank you!
CLEP isn't for everyone either. Some people love it and some hate it. She can also take courses on Sophia and study.com. Sophia may be easier, faster, and cheaper than CLEP. You can take CLEPs for free with the Middle States voucher but you pay for the proctoring. Sophia is $79 a month and you can complete as many classes as you can during that month.

(07-10-2021, 08:59 PM)Unistic Wrote: I understand what you mean. She would prefer the BSBA General Management. Although she don't know how she'll do with clep-ing the finance/accounting courses but she'll try.

We'll research it more after she apply on Monday and see if we can organize the cleps from easiest to hard.
Again thank you!

Wait. What is she applying for on Monday?
(07-10-2021, 09:22 PM)ss20ts Wrote: CLEP isn't for everyone either. Some people love it and some hate it. She can also take courses on Sophia and study.com. Sophia may be easier, faster, and cheaper than CLEP. You can take CLEPs for free with the Middle States voucher but you pay for the proctoring. Sophia is $79 a month and you can complete as many classes as you can during that month.

(07-10-2021, 08:59 PM)Unistic Wrote: I understand what you mean. She would prefer the BSBA General Management. Although she don't know how she'll do with clep-ing the finance/accounting courses but she'll try.

Again thank you!

Wait. What is she applying for on Monday?

TESU, enrolling to transfer what credits she have and then slowly start talking cleps towards the degree.
She only has a handful of credits, right? I wouldn't apply yet. I would get more credits completed. Once you apply you only get 2 transcript evaluations.
(07-10-2021, 09:51 PM)ss20ts Wrote: She only has a handful of credits, right? I wouldn't apply yet. I would get more credits completed. Once you apply you only get 2 transcript evaluations.

Wow thank you! I wasn't aware of that. I honestly thought you could keep sending in cleps as you completed them. Thank you!!!! She's going to clep towards the BSBA degree. Will there also be a limit on the amount she can clep in due to her not having a degree already or no?
(07-10-2021, 09:56 PM)Unistic Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 09:51 PM)ss20ts Wrote: She only has a handful of credits, right? I wouldn't apply yet. I would get more credits completed. Once you apply you only get 2 transcript evaluations.

Wow thank you! I wasn't aware of that. I honestly thought you could keep sending in cleps as you completed them. Thank you!!!! She's going to clep towards the BSBA degree. Will there also be a limit on the amount she can clep in due to her not having a degree already or no?

ss20ts is only partially correct. Once you apply, you only get 2 evaluations. BUT, if you pay for  the Medical Terminology TECEP for $50 then you become fully enrolled for 1 year. Actually taking the exam is optional. This unlocks unlimited evaluations. Also other perks like access to research materials: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th..._to_Enroll

Please do apply and enroll as soon as possible. Please do NOT CLEP! There are some degrees where CLEP can be practically required but BSBA General Management is not one of them. Sophia and Study.com are generally the best & cheapest sources of alternate credits. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-11-2021, 04:16 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 09:56 PM)Unistic Wrote:

ss20ts is only partially correct. Once you apply, you only get 2 evaluations. BUT, if you pay for  the Medical Terminology TECEP for $50 then you become fully enrolled for 1 year. Actually taking the exam is optional. This unlocks unlimited evaluations. Also other perks like access to research materials: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th..._to_Enroll

Please do apply and enroll as soon as possible. Please do NOT CLEP! There are some degrees where CLEP can be practically required but BSBA General Management is not one of them. Sophia and Study.com are generally the best & cheapest sources of alternate credits. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

Thank you! And she will so we can see what her previous credit count towards. And sorry I use the word CLEP loosely to refer to study.com which I see is the most widely used one. She'll follow the wiki guide it'll take her a while to finish the degree but she doesn't want to take physical courses i.e online discussion boards.

Again thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Unistic's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 32 419 12 minutes ago
Last Post: crowbird
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 0 27 2 hours ago
Last Post: nhmimi
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 130 Today, 06:39 AM
Last Post: curious
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 7 271 Yesterday, 12:01 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,471 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,850 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 174 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 303 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 951 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 8 190 03-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Piwi737