Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TESU Computer Science Updates Upper Level (UL)
I saw that some of the courses previously assigned upper level in computer science are lower level now at TESU.

Have they gone against ACE or NCCRS recommendations in any of those cases?

If we don't have an updated list, I could try to send them a list of courses, but I hate to annoy them every few months.

Do we have a resource for updated UL courses anywhere?
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
Which ones are lower level now and where did you see it?

I highly doubt they would work with you if you sent them a list.

Welcome to the forum!
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(02-15-2019, 11:05 AM)MNomadic Wrote: Which ones are lower level now and where did you see it?

Welcome to the forum!

I read about that in older forum posts here, so maybe there's nothing new. I was expecting Saylor's Software Engineering to transfer as upper level despite the ACE recommendation, but maybe it isn't now. So, I'm wondering where everything is.
OnlineDegree

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Usually tesu follows the ace recommendations. So first step is to check those for any courses you plan to take.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(02-15-2019, 11:11 AM)udi Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 11:05 AM)MNomadic Wrote: Which ones are lower level now and where did you see it?

Welcome to the forum!

I read about that in older forum posts here, so maybe there's nothing new. I was expecting Saylor's Software Engineering to transfer as upper level despite the ACE recommendation, but maybe it isn't now. So, I'm wondering where everything is.

TESU used to accept courses that were similar to those they offered at the same equivalency, so some LL courses were accepted as UL at TESU when they matched UL courses offered by the school itself. However, transfer policies changed at TESU last year, so they are now required to match the level of the course that is being transferred. If you have a LL course listed on your transcript, it will now come in as LL regardless of whether it is similar to an UL course or not; in cases where they don't have an established equivalency, TESU just creates one.

The Saylor CS courses are recommended as lower-division credits by ACE so TESU now evaluates them as 100-200 level courses, despite having accepted some of them as 300-400 level previously.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(02-15-2019, 11:00 AM)udi Wrote: I saw that some of the courses previously assigned upper level in computer science are lower level now at TESU.

If we don't have an updated list, I could try to send them a list of courses, but I hate to annoy them every few months.

I haven't seen an updated list anywhere, but maybe we can use this thread to compile one.

I'll start.

CSU Global System Analysis and Design CBE should transfer as CIS-320
DSST Cybersecurity should transfer as CIS-344
CMP-354 Network Technology TECEP directly from TESU
Computer Science 303: Database Management from study.com - not sure what it transfers to though

As always, check with advisement before starting the coursework. Anything else?
----
TESU ASNSM Mathematics, BACS, BALS Psychology 2020 graduate 
TESU actually changed a lot of the course equivalencies to MATCH ACE, not go against them. They were being generous in giving UL credit for LL courses, and this is no longer the case. So you can be safe going by ACE's recommendations.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-15-2019, 12:02 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 11:11 AM)udi Wrote:

Welcome to the forum!

TESU used to accept courses that were similar to those they offered at the same equivalency, so some LL courses were accepted as UL at TESU when they matched UL courses offered by the school itself. However, transfer policies changed at TESU last year, so they are now required to match the level of the course that is being transferred. If you have a LL course listed on your transcript, it will now come in as LL regardless of whether it is similar to an UL course or not; in cases where they don't have an established equivalency, TESU just creates one.

The Saylor CS courses are recommended as lower-division credits by ACE so TESU now evaluates them as 100-200 level courses, despite having accepted some of them as 300-400 level previously.

Still beating myself up for not locking down the software engineering UL credits from Saylor. I need the course for grad school and I already have enough LL credits in my AOS.  Angry
----
TESU ASNSM Mathematics, BACS, BALS Psychology 2020 graduate 
(02-15-2019, 01:04 PM)NolaRice Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 11:00 AM)udi Wrote: I saw that some of the courses previously assigned upper level in computer science are lower level now at TESU.

I haven't seen an updated list anywhere, but maybe we can use this thread to compile one.

I'll start.

CSU Global System Analysis and Design CBE should transfer as CIS-320
DSST Cybersecurity should transfer as CIS-344
CMP-354 Network Technology TECEP directly from TESU
Computer Science 303: Database Management from study.com - not sure what it transfers to though

As always, check with advisement before starting the coursework. Anything else?

ACE Credit

Study.com

It (Computer Science 303) transfers as CIS-311 : Database Management https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab

*Computer Science 306: Computer Architecture (transfers as COS-330 : Computer Architecture to TESU)
*Computer Science 302: System Analysis & Design (transfers as CIS-320 : System Analysis & Design I to TESU).

- - - - - -

NCCRS

Davar Academy

*CIS 315 Management Information Systems (transfers to TESU as CIS-301 Management Information Systems)

Quantitative Analysis may be applied as an upper level elective, but I'm not sure. A few places offer that exam like Coopersmith and UExcel.
Some self-study CSU Global courses may also transfer.

*Always check with your advisor. Not professional advice.
OnlineDegree

Study

Saylor.org
[-] The following 1 user Likes udi's post:
  • !=scholar
(02-15-2019, 01:17 PM)NolaRice Wrote: Still beating myself up for not locking down the software engineering UL credits from Saylor. I need the course for grad school and I already have enough LL credits in my AOS.  Angry

It's hard to pass at Saylor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 16 719 2 hours ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 362 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 208 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 270 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,159 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP