Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAT-105 Applied Liberal Arts Math at TESU
Hi y'all, was wondering if there is a cheaper TESU equivalent for MAT-105 online. I downloaded the open stax book and decided since I won't need much math for my degree, this is the course I'd like to take, but I'd rather take a cheaper version since math is not my forte. Whether is study.com, Sophia or SL, any cheaper ones, doesn't have to be free, anything equivalent to MAT-105. Thanks Cool
I don't think SDC, SL or Sophia has that one.

Would CSM Learn work for TESU?

Or maybe the TECEP?
This is what I recommend - The easiest option would be to take the TECEP for enrollment purposes and also to hit the credit mark.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You're asking two different questions here.

First, whatever math you take doesn't need to be the same equivalency - although the DSST is the same; but with the testing fee plus test center fees, it's probably not much cheaper.

You could do the College Math CLEP; and if you do ModernStates, then it's completely free.

ALEKS is $20/mo, if you can pass in a month, that's your next cheapest option; unfortunately, their lower-level courses went away, so you'd have to do College Algebra or Stats.

Next is Saylor, with the same options as ALEKS, and it's $25.

Then, CSMLearn for $39 I think, it's gotten rave reviews here.

As bjcheung77 said, the TECEP is not only easy, but it enrolls you for a year. You can't beat that with a stick.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-25-2020, 02:16 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You're asking two different questions here.

First, whatever math you take doesn't need to be the same equivalency - although the DSST is the same; but with the testing fee plus test center fees, it's probably not much cheaper.

You could do the College Math CLEP; and if you do ModernStates, then it's completely free.

ALEKS is $20/mo, if you can pass in a month, that's your next cheapest option; unfortunately, their lower-level courses went away, so you'd have to do College Algebra or Stats.

Next is Saylor, with the same options as ALEKS, and it's $25.

Then, CSMLearn for $39 I think, it's gotten rave reviews here.

As bjcheung77 said, the TECEP is not only easy, but it enrolls you for a year.  You can't beat that with a stick.
Thanks, I understand, I was choosing based on which course was easier (less workload) as my major is almost math-free, with quantitative literacy being the only requirement. I read about MAT-107 and MAT-101, but after reading the syllabus for the course given at TESU, was curious which course was very similar in the type/simplicity of syllabus.

It is really not my forte, so I do not want to spend too much if I wind up failing it. Also, I have other courses I plan to take that also enroll me, my goal is just to complete the quantitative literacy and move on, and spend as little as possible.  Tongue
Couldn't you do the Liberal Arts Math TECEP? If not I would recommend the CSMLearn class. It's fast and easy (well easy-ish). The format is very good. You won't have to continue taking material you're already good in, but you do have to pass each section or it'll cause you to take it until you pass. Like dfrecore said it is pretty highly regarded around here.
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
(02-26-2020, 03:22 PM)darthweezy Wrote: Couldn't you do the Liberal Arts Math TECEP?  If not I would recommend the CSMLearn class.  It's fast and easy (well easy-ish).  The format is very good.  You won't have to continue taking material you're already good in, but you do have to pass each section or it'll cause you to take it until you pass.  Like dfrecore said it is pretty highly regarded around here.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 259 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch