Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Cornerstone SOS-110 Automatic Enrollment Outdated?
(07-29-2021, 04:55 PM)schristian10 Wrote: Thank you for your input. I've found it very valuable!

Do you know if RA credits from one geographic, regionally accredited school would transfer to and count towards TESU's RA credits? I have 15 credits from an regionally accredited community college in Kansas, which is a separate regional body.

Yes, that's fine. TESU doesn't care which regional body accredited the school you previously attended. All they care about is that it was regionally and not Nationally Accredited.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • schristian10
(07-29-2021, 05:03 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 04:55 PM)schristian10 Wrote: Thank you for your input. I've found it very valuable!

Do you know if RA credits from one geographic, regionally accredited school would transfer to and count towards TESU's RA credits? I have 15 credits from an regionally accredited community college in Kansas, which is a separate regional body.

Yes, that's fine. TESU doesn't care which regional body accredited the school you previously attended. All they care about is that it was regionally and not Nationally Accredited.

Question about UL and LL course requirements at TESU; Do you know how many upper level courses are required for a TESU BSBA, or where I could check and how they might apply to gen. ed.'s, the core curriculum, and electives? Gen ed's might be universally LL courses, but I have no idea! Thanks!

(07-29-2021, 06:07 PM)schristian10 Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 05:03 PM)rachel83az Wrote:

Question about UL and LL course requirements at TESU; Do you know how many upper level courses are required for a TESU BSBA, or where I could check and how they might apply to gen. ed.'s, the core curriculum, and electives? Gen ed's might be universally LL courses, but I have no idea! Thanks!

I just checked the wiki page which said there were 12 UL credits required for the core curriculum. Does the capstone count towards this requirement?
Current: UMPI YourPace competency-based BABA, Management & Leadership Concentration, Project Management and Management of Information Systems Minors. Starting with 15 RA credits previously earned in community college. Took the CSM Learn course. Now going through Sophia courses.
Goal: Walden TEMPO competency-based MBA.
Timeline: Started planning mid 2021. Finish both, Jan 2023. A year and a half total, including planning. Started planning on TESU, but was advised towards UMPI to take advantage of financial aid. I'm now excited to finish completely competency-based.
Fun fact: I sometimes use TV as a productivity toolOne episode per chapter, load of dishes, or basket of laundry!
Thanks to everyone, and happy studying!  Smile
You actually need 15 UL credits for the BSBA. 3 come from the capstone. The rest need to come from other courses in the AOS exclusively. UL courses in the gen eds or general electives do NOT count toward the UL requirement. You could take Technical Writing on SDC for an UL elective credit but you'd still need 12 more UL business credits + the capstone.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
  • schristian10
(07-30-2021, 01:58 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You actually need 15 UL credits for the BSBA. 3 come from the capstone. The rest need to come from other courses in the AOS exclusively. UL courses in the gen eds or general electives do NOT count toward the UL requirement. You could take Technical Writing on SDC for an UL elective credit but you'd still need 12 more UL business credits  + the capstone.

What is SDC? 

Is there a recommended selection of classes for taking the 16-18 TESU credits in one term to remove the residency waiver? I have 15 RA credits and this would also satisfy the rest of the RA requirements. I have been considering taking the cornerstone first with other ePacks etc. and a 1 credit course for 13 credits, followed by gen eds and core alt credits, and then the Capstone, alone, last, for $5,926 from TESU for courses as one option. I work and was hoping to find something manageable for just coming back to school. 

The courses I was considering so far for completing for the 13 credits in the first term were:

3 credits - Cornerstone
3 credits - CIS-107 Computer Concepts and Applications (ePack)
3 credits - ?
3 credits - ?
1 credits - PLA-100 Introdution to Prior Learning Assessment
Current: UMPI YourPace competency-based BABA, Management & Leadership Concentration, Project Management and Management of Information Systems Minors. Starting with 15 RA credits previously earned in community college. Took the CSM Learn course. Now going through Sophia courses.
Timeline: Started planning mid 2021. Finish both, Jan 2023. A year and a half total, including planning. Started planning on TESU, but was advised towards UMPI to take advantage of financial aid. I'm now excited to finish completely competency-based.
Fun fact: I sometimes use TV as a productivity toolOne episode per chapter, load of dishes, or basket of laundry!
(07-30-2021, 01:58 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You actually need 15 UL credits for the BSBA. 3 come from the capstone. The rest need to come from other courses in the AOS exclusively. UL courses in the gen eds or general electives do NOT count toward the UL requirement. You could take Technical Writing on SDC for an UL elective credit but you'd still need 12 more UL business credits  + the capstone.

I'm not sure if this is true of any of the other programs such as the BSBA but I think the requirements for the BALS changed from 15 to 18 UL credits with the July '21 update. My degree credit evaluation plan (BALS-SS) now says "**At least 18 semester hours (SH) within the entire Area of Study (including the Capstone)must be at the upper (300/400) level**"  My memory of what my plan said prior to July 1st was 15 credits, but I could be mistaken. Fortunately, this did not pose a problem for me, but I know for some it may be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes studyingfortests's post:
  • schristian10
(08-17-2021, 07:59 PM)schristian10 Wrote: What is SDC? 

SDC = Study.com

(08-17-2021, 07:59 PM)schristian10 Wrote: Is there a recommended selection of classes for taking the 16-18 TESU credits in one term to remove the residency waiver? I have 15 RA credits and this would also satisfy the rest of the RA requirements. I have been considering taking the cornerstone first with other ePacks etc. and a 1 credit course for 13 credits, followed by gen eds and core alt credits, and then the Capstone, alone, last, for $5,926 from TESU for courses as one option. I work and was hoping to find something manageable for just coming back to school. 
I don't have any easy classes geared towards BSBA-seekers yet, but you can see suggestions at https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th...University

(08-17-2021, 09:23 PM)studyingfortests Wrote:

I'm not sure if this is true of any of the other programs such as the BSBA but I think the requirements for the BALS changed from 15 to 18 UL credits with the July '21 update. My degree credit evaluation plan (BALS-SS) now says "**At least 18 semester hours (SH) within the entire Area of Study (including the Capstone)must be at the upper (300/400) level**"  My memory of what my plan said prior to July 1st was 15 credits, but I could be mistaken. Fortunately, this did not pose a problem for me, but I know for some it may be.

The requirements haven't changed, they've just been updated to be more clear. I checked an old BALS evaluation and it was 15 + capstone, too. BSBA is still 12 + capstone.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • akr680, schristian10
(08-18-2021, 02:20 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 07:59 PM)schristian10 Wrote: What is SDC? 

SDC = Study.com

(08-17-2021, 07:59 PM)schristian10 Wrote: Is there a recommended selection of classes for taking the 16-18 TESU credits in one term to remove the residency waiver? I have 15 RA credits and this would also satisfy the rest of the RA requirements. I have been considering taking the cornerstone first with other ePacks etc. and a 1 credit course for 13 credits, followed by gen eds and core alt credits, and then the Capstone, alone, last, for $5,926 from TESU for courses as one option. I work and was hoping to find something manageable for just coming back to school. 
I don't have any easy classes geared towards BSBA-seekers yet, but you can see suggestions at https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th...University

(08-17-2021, 09:23 PM)studyingfortests Wrote:

The requirements haven't changed, they've just been updated to be more clear. I checked an old BALS evaluation and it was 15 + capstone, too. BSBA is still 12 + capstone.

I'm abusing this thread to just ask you questions at this point. For alt credits through study.com, for example, do these first need to be sent to ACE, or can they go directly to TESU?
hahaha, no worries, there are no dumb questions, if you don't know, you don't know... we're always here to help... https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ca...%26_Credly

Furthermore, I suggest doing the capstone/cornerstone and 3 e-packs, do any easy 3 you need to hit the 15 credits, plus your PLA 100 or the Jane Austen 1 credit course.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • schristian10
(08-22-2021, 03:04 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: hahaha, no worries, there are no dumb questions, if you don't know, you don't know... we're always here to help... https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ca...%26_Credly

Furthermore, I suggest doing the capstone/cornerstone and 3 e-packs, do any easy 3 you need to hit the 15 credits, plus your PLA 100 or the Jane Austen 1 credit course.

Thank you! Is that recommendation for the 16 credits in one term savings plan, or 16 overall credits to just remove the Residency Waiver Fee? 

Are ePacks at the regular tuition price of $519 (I'm out-of-state) per credit?

How's your MBA program going?
For Study.com, you'll send a SDC transcript directly to TESU. For everything else ACE (Sophia, SL, InstantCert), it needs to go on an ACE (Credly) transcript.

Yes, bjcheung77's recommendation is for 16 credits in one term. ePacks are the regular tuition price of $519 per credit AND they count for residency. But they, like TECEPs, are based on a single exam. TECEPs do NOT count toward residency, but they do count toward the required 30 RA credits.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
  • schristian10

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,547 7 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 607 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 499 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 524 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,324 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 248 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 400 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 307 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 285 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27