Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Cornerstone SOS-110 Automatic Enrollment Outdated?
(08-22-2021, 04:03 PM)rachel83az Wrote: For Study.com, you'll send a SDC transcript directly to TESU. For everything else ACE (Sophia, SL, InstantCert), it needs to go on an ACE (Credly) transcript.

Yes, bjcheung77's recommendation is for 16 credits in one term. ePacks are the regular tuition price of $519 per credit AND they count for residency. But they, like TECEPs, are based on a single exam. TECEPs do NOT count toward residency, but they do count toward the required 30 RA credits.

What are the biggest differences between ePacks and TECEPs? I've been hesitant to attempt 16 credits inside of three months, but I guess it would be towards the end when I am in the groove of studying.

I'm getting curious as to how a few of you can reply to so many posts! Are you librarians or something?!
Current: UMPI YourPace competency-based BABA, Management & Leadership Concentration, Project Management and Management of Information Systems Minors. Starting with 15 RA credits previously earned in community college. Took the CSM Learn course. Now going through Sophia courses.
Goal: Walden TEMPO competency-based MBA.
Timeline: Started planning mid 2021. Finish both, Jan 2023. A year and a half total, including planning. Started planning on TESU, but was advised towards UMPI to take advantage of financial aid. I'm now excited to finish completely competency-based.
Fun fact: I sometimes use TV as a productivity toolOne episode per chapter, load of dishes, or basket of laundry!
Thanks to everyone, and happy studying!  Smile
Nah, I'm a consultant and work from home. I'm always online and like "refreshing" the boards I am logged into. If a question happens to be something I am interested in answering, then I'll answer. If there isn't much to add, I'll just go on with lurking/surfing and of course, doing my "work". To answer your question: TECEP is just an exam, e-Pack is a set of quizzes that don't count towards your final grade, they are assessments. Once you think you're ready for the big exam, boom, you do it. Both will come in as CR - which is credit/pass. There aren't any letter grades associated with either option.

Now, in order to do 16-18 credits a month, you should focus solely on two courses, the capstone/cornerstone with 80/20 of your time split. The epacks, you study BEFORE the term starts, you'll be ahead of the game, you go through those quizzes and complete them like a mad man... get those done first so they're off your plate and focus the remaining X weeks before you finish your capstone/cornerstone. If in case something in life happens, you can extend the capstone for $236, an 8 week extension, I wouldn't waste the $ extending the cornerstone though, it's an easier course.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • schristian10
(08-22-2021, 07:09 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Nah, I'm a consultant and work from home.  I'm always online and like "refreshing" the boards I am logged into.  If a question happens to be something I am interested in answering, then I'll answer.  If there isn't much to add, I'll just go on with lurking/surfing and of course, doing my "work".  To answer your question: TECEP is just an exam, e-Pack is a set of quizzes that don't count towards your final grade, they are assessments.  Once you think you're ready for the big exam, boom, you do it.  Both will come in as CR - which is credit/pass.  There aren't any letter grades associated with either option.

Now, in order to do 16-18 credits a month, you should focus solely on two courses, the capstone/cornerstone with 80/20 of your time split.  The epacks, you study BEFORE the term starts, you'll be ahead of the game, you go through those quizzes and complete them like a mad man... get those done first so they're off your plate and focus the remaining X weeks before you finish your capstone/cornerstone.  If in case something in life happens, you can extend the capstone for $236, an 8 week extension, I wouldn't waste the $ extending the cornerstone though, it's an easier course.

I caught myself at the beginning of a separate posting epic yesterday and I thought about how strange it was, but like you said they are things in which we find an interest. I am grateful, and glad you have time to enjoy your work day.

It's probably different for all the sources of credit, but with ePacks how do you find the material to study?
Current: UMPI YourPace competency-based BABA, Management & Leadership Concentration, Project Management and Management of Information Systems Minors. Starting with 15 RA credits previously earned in community college. Took the CSM Learn course. Now going through Sophia courses.
Timeline: Started planning mid 2021. Finish both, Jan 2023. A year and a half total, including planning. Started planning on TESU, but was advised towards UMPI to take advantage of financial aid. I'm now excited to finish completely competency-based.
Fun fact: I sometimes use TV as a productivity toolOne episode per chapter, load of dishes, or basket of laundry!
(08-22-2021, 06:55 PM)schristian10 Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 04:03 PM)rachel83az Wrote: For Study.com, you'll send a SDC transcript directly to TESU. For everything else ACE (Sophia, SL, InstantCert), it needs to go on an ACE (Credly) transcript.

Yes, bjcheung77's recommendation is for 16 credits in one term. ePacks are the regular tuition price of $519 per credit AND they count for residency. But they, like TECEPs, are based on a single exam. TECEPs do NOT count toward residency, but they do count toward the required 30 RA credits.

What are the biggest differences between ePacks and TECEPs? I've been hesitant to attempt 16 credits inside of three months, but I guess it would be towards the end when I am in the groove of studying.

I'm getting curious as to how a few of you can reply to so many posts! Are you librarians or something?!

The biggest difference is the price! TECEPs are $150 for LL exams and $225 for UL exams. ePacks are the price of normal courses: $519 per credit or $1557 each.

ePacks can be used for residency. TECEPs cannot.

I think ePacks come with their own study course similar to SDC. Though, unlike SDC, only the final exam for ePacks affects whether or not you pass. They do not require you to use the course; you might not even have to use it at all for a LL course like CIS-107. TECEPs give you a list of resources you can use to study, but you're otherwise left on your own.

As for how I'm here so much, I'm currently studying full-time. Or mostly full time. Wink If I see a post notification pop up on my phone, I come here and see if it's something I can answer. If I don't see any notification, I check back anyway, just in case there's been a post that doesn't trigger the notification.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • schristian10
(08-23-2021, 02:01 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 06:55 PM)schristian10 Wrote:

The biggest difference is the price! TECEPs are $150 for LL exams and $225 for UL exams. ePacks are the price of normal courses: $519 per credit or $1557 each.

ePacks can be used for residency. TECEPs cannot.

I think ePacks come with their own study course similar to SDC. Though, unlike SDC, only the final exam for ePacks affects whether or not you pass. They do not require you to use the course; you might not even have to use it at all for a LL course like CIS-107. TECEPs give you a list of resources you can use to study, but you're otherwise left on your own.

As for how I'm here so much, I'm currently studying full-time. Or mostly full time. Wink If I see a post notification pop up on my phone, I come here and see if it's something I can answer. If I don't see any notification, I check back anyway, just in case there's been a post that doesn't trigger the notification.

My recent POS-110 linked to an online study course from Pearson. It would have required additional payment. I never bothered with it, as I was already comfortable with the subject. To brush up, I used the Instantcert CLEP flashcards. I took the exam as soon as my proctor received the exam booklet. TESU received and scored it a few weeks later, then immediately issued me a final grade of CR. I did not do anything in the online course whatsoever. The ePack resources are definitely optional. 
I registered for this ePack because I am taking enough real courses for flat-rate tuition in the term, and I always like more RA resident credits. If taking >=9 credits for flat-rate tuition, it's free to register for an ePack. There may be minor added costs for study materials or proctoring. Overall, ePacks can be a great way to rack up quick and cheap resident RA credits (though they are non-graded).
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like jch's post:
  • rachel83az, schristian10
Basically, the recommended way to study for an ePack prior to receiving any course materials, to help endure 16 credits in one term, would be to study the same subject from another source like with the Instantcert CLEP flashcards? Is there a thread or a wiki page with similar resources?

You deserve a scholarship with that generosity! I am a receptionist and enjoy plenty of downtime in the evenings.
I'd recommend selecting ePack courses that you already know something about. Then, use flashcards or other resources to review and top off. The material TESU links may or may not be helpful.

One other thing: the exam link in Moodle showed a "restricted until" date that was about six weeks into the term. This might mean that TESU doesn't allow taking ePack exams right away. However, I've never seen such a restriction mentioned anywhere. Regardless, it didn't impact my pen and paper exam with in person proctoring. I took the exam that way during the third week of the term and there wasn't any issue. In any case, I'd strongly recommend avoiding TESU's online proctoring with ProctorFU.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • schristian10

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch