Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Cornerstone coming MAY 2016
sanantone Wrote:Well, they're changing tuition rates in April. They're all over the place.

jsd Wrote:June is the typical time of change, though really they can change many things at any time at their discretion. So I guess the end of May leading in to June isn't too crazy, but a random Wednesday does seem weird.

sanantone Wrote:Usually, the changes coincide with catalog changes. They normally start a new catalog on July 1st.

So that trumps where they say: "All fees listed here were approved on June 6, 2015, by the Board of Trustees of Thomas Edison State University and are effective July 1, 2015", because it falls under the "Tuition and fees are subject to change"?
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
sanantone Wrote:Well, they're changing tuition rates in April. They're all over the place.

Yes, normally July 1 is their BIG DAY each year - where tuition amounts, tuition plans, degree requirements, whatever changes they're going to make - changes. Crazy that they are having things kicking in at all different times this year.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
*Sigh*, if I enroll before March 31. Will I be able to skip this capstone?
Since it technically is enrolling before any of these new capstone requirements are in place.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:*Sigh*, if I enroll before March 31. Will I be able to skip this capstone?
Since it technically is enrolling before any of these new capstone requirements are in place.

I would guess so since it says "As of May 25, 2016, new students...."
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
bjcheung77 Wrote:*Sigh*, if I enroll before March 31. Will I be able to skip this capstone?

I don't think you're considered enrolled on March 31, just because you apply on March 31. But I would certainly ask!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Link here: Enrollment FAQs

To become an enrolled student, simply select a tuition plan. Enrollment is the method by which a student actively pursues a degree at Thomas Edison State University. Students are enrolled at Thomas Edison State University when they have selected an academic degree program and make payment under an appropriate tuition plan. A student's enrollment start date is defined as the date the University receives the payment for the selected enrollment option and provides enrolled status and services for 12 months.

A student's enrollment date is defined as the date the University receives the Comprehensive Tuition or the 10th day of a term in which the student enrolls under the Per Credit Tuition Plan. This tuition covers a period of one year of service. Students who are enrolled in the Per Credit Tuition Plan must earn at least three Thomas Edison State University credits in each continuous 12 month period to maintain activity. Students who are enrolled with the University under these plans may choose to complete their degree requirements at TESU or by assessment or transfer credits or through a combination of both methods. This enrolled student status requirement applies even if you select a degree program for which we do not offer all the courses you must take to meet the requirements.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,933 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,621 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,032 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,587 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,671 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,298 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,551 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,287 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,328 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,823 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore