Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU & Coursera
I am curious would this ace credit from Coursera satisfy the calculus requirement for a BA CS degree? 

Calculus

also if someone could help me match this with the entire Coursera course I am not sure if this just refers to part 1 or a bundle of courses
Sure, hop into my retro "home made" DeLorean! <oops> Missed your stop... it's no longer 2013-2015 as per the link you provided, you must read the dates offered... Since we missed that stop, the cheap, easy, fast and best option would be a FREEBIE! <Slaps you with my CLEP Calculus text book> Take this! And you got to take That! <points you to ModernStates.org webpage>. Again, it's free, take your time, pay for your testing fee and get reimbursed for it after a month or so... And if you're into " the Mc Fly triology" watch it again!

Hmm, or trilogy. Can't spell/type, darn the dyslexia!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
CLEP is cheap and maybe fast but NOT easy if you're not familiar with Calculus already. Right now, StraighterLine seems to be a better option for ease because it is OPEN BOOK and they allow a GRAPHING CALCULATOR of your choice on the exam. Most Calculus courses are much more particular about which calculator, if any, you're allowed on the exam.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • LevelUP, lucillegyl
You have other options, StraighterLine has Calculus, you can also try your bat at Study.com as well. It depends on the student, some study differently and retain information varies from each individual. My suggestion is to take a look at all the providers you have access to, CLEP, Study.com or StraighterLine, there are others as well, see which one would be "cheaper, easier, faster". I would go the CLEP way if you have a book/online resources such as Khan Academy, etc as secondary supplementary content for the cost. If you can skim information, you can check out some OpenStax textbooks if you want to learn the subject matter more. I think Saylor.org has Calculus too...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Lol i def missed the dates at the bottom, I noticed a lot of people saying SL is a really good course, and I am not familiar with calculus besides precalc so I think I may go that route over the clep I believe they're around the same price with the coupon, thanks a lot guys for the fast response.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 723 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 272 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch