Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Credit Bank
Has anyone done the credit banking through TESU? I've looked at the one from EC awhile back, but it was over $1000 which seems ridiculously expensive. TESU's looks to be $300 which is more reasonable to me.
(08-05-2020, 10:43 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Has anyone done the credit banking through TESU? I've looked at the one from EC awhile back, but it was over $1000 which seems ridiculously expensive. TESU's looks to be $300 which is more reasonable to me.
I also wonder if this is advantageous if you apply into an MBA program later on? Aside from combining all ACE in one transcript, what other benefits do you think this service has?
(08-05-2020, 10:43 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Has anyone done the credit banking through TESU? I've looked at the one from EC awhile back, but it was over $1000 which seems ridiculously expensive. TESU's looks to be $300 which is more reasonable to me.
Seems too expensive to me just to bank some credits, at this point you can enroll with a TECEP that way you can also look at the what ifs and see where they apply the most, although that only applies to TESU degrees.
(08-06-2020, 07:37 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:
Seems too expensive to me just to bank some credits, at this point you can enroll with a TECEP that way you can also look at the what ifs and see where they apply the most, although that only applies to TESU degrees.

Not looking to get a degree from TESU. Just would like all of my credits in one location. I currently have 7 transcripts and will have 9 starting next month. It's getting out of hand.
Its useful for professional credentials like CPA and so on. You can take SDC courses, credit bank at TESU. Use this transcript for CPA board to meet education requirements which is 150 credit hours to sit for exams and for licensure later on
I have all three credit registries. COSC costs $850. TESU costs either $300 or $400, depending on the number of credits. Excelsior costs $295.

I know that these registries are not worth it to everybody. However, I already have several undergraduate degrees and a master's degree. I view the registries as a way to attach additional areas of knowledge to my existing degrees. The TESU individual learning account is particularly good in this regard because there is no differentiation between credits earned within a degree program and those earned outside of a degree program. I have an accounting/CIS BSBA from TESU and on the transcript it just looks like I had a 600 credit undergraduate degree.

Each registry has its own set of rules and different credit types that are accepted. For example, COSC just stopped accepting FEMA credits, but I was able to test out of all the FEMA classes and post 60 credit hours to the COSC transcript. So if I apply for a job at a school, I can say that I have credits worth half a bachelor's degree in emergency management.
600 credits, holy smokes. Do you know if they will bank NA credits by any chance?
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
As i understand they bank whatever they can accept as equivalency to their courses. So i am not sure ab NA credits
Why not just enroll in a program (even if you have no intention of doing it) at TESU and take a LL tecep? Wouldn't that be the same as credit banking but way less money. And you could even drop the TECEP so it wouldn't even show up on your transcript.
(08-06-2020, 03:43 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: 600 credits, holy smokes.  Do you know if they will bank NA credits by any chance?

Yes.  When I submitted credits for Excelsior's One Transcript service, I sent a transcript from NationsU.  NationsU is nationally accredited.  Excelsior transcripted those credits.  There had been occasional posts on this site and the other one suggesting that Excelsior accepts nationally accredited credits.  I found that to be the case, although I only had a few.

(08-06-2020, 04:10 PM)natshar Wrote: Why not just enroll in a program (even if you have no intention of doing it) at TESU and take a LL tecep? Wouldn't that be the same as credit banking but way less money. And you could even drop the TECEP so it wouldn't even show up on your transcript.

Well, in my case, I already have the maximum number of allowed degrees.  Also, I have so many credit hours that I think somebody in the registrar's office would catch on.  I think that the credit registries are good deals, but I know this is not a generally-accepted opinion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 697 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,577 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy