Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Credit Bank
(08-06-2020, 05:07 PM)eriehiker Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 03:43 PM)videogamesrock Wrote: 600 credits, holy smokes.  Do you know if they will bank NA credits by any chance?

Yes.  When I submitted credits for Excelsior's One Transcript service, I sent a transcript from NationsU.  NationsU is nationally accredited.  Excelsior transcripted those credits.  There had been occasional posts on this site and the other one suggesting that Excelsior accepts nationally accredited credits.  I found that to be the case, although I only had a few.

(08-06-2020, 04:10 PM)natshar Wrote: Why not just enroll in a program (even if you have no intention of doing it) at TESU and take a LL tecep? Wouldn't that be the same as credit banking but way less money. And you could even drop the TECEP so it wouldn't even show up on your transcript.

Well, in my case, I already have the maximum number of allowed degrees.  Also, I have so many credit hours that I think somebody in the registrar's office would catch on.  I think that the credit registries are good deals, but I know this is not a generally-accepted opinion.

So if one takes TECEP or even a capstone, credit banking is on the TESU transcript without paying the $400 cost??? Would it appear different and just say the schools and how many credits?
Edriveless!

If you are enrolled in a program, you can transfer in whatever credits TESU accepts. So, let's say that you are working towards a BSBA, you can transfer in a biology course or anything else. So a person can just enroll in a program, never finish and just keep on sending in credits. Or another strategy is to graduate with a bachelor's degree and keep an associate's degree program unfinished. Then just take a cheap TECEP to keep things open. At least that is how I understand it.

I didn't do this because I graduated with a BSBA in accounting and CIS and associate's in math and computer science. I felt that it was worth it to just graduate and lock in all the degrees. I also feel that $400 is a good deal to transcript large amounts of credit.

The transfer credits are not dated on a TESU transcript, so a person can earn a degree and then take classes later and there is no differentiation between alternative credits earned during the degree program or after. Also, TESU does list duplicate courses on the transcript, so if you want someone to see that you really know calculus, you can just take all the ASU earned admission calculus classes and have calculus listed three or four times.

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ranscripts

Post #6 has a copy of what this looks like.
OeriehikerEdriveless!

If you are enrolled in a program, you can transfer in whatever credits TESU accepts.  So, let's say that you are working towards a BSBA, you can transfer in a biology course or anything else.  So a person can just enroll in a program, never finish and just keep on sending in credits.  Or another strategy is to graduate with a bachelor's degree and keep an associate's degree program unfinished.  Then just take a cheap TECEP to keep things open.  At least that is how I understand it.

I didn't do this because I graduated with a BSBA in accounting and CIS and associate's in math and computer science.  I felt that it was worth it to just graduate and lock in all the degrees.  I also feel that $400 is a good deal to transcript large amounts of credit.

The transfer credits are not dated on a TESU transcript, so a person can earn a degree and then take classes later and there is no differentiation between alternative credits earned during the degree program or after.  Also, TESU does list duplicate courses on the transcript, so if you want someone to see that you really know calculus, you can just take all the ASU earned admission calculus classes and have calculus listed three or four times.

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ranscripts

Post #6 has a copy of what this looks like.

That’s nice. Thanks. So you mean no need to to pay for the service separately if you’re taking the course anyway? It will go on the transcript once you graduate? 

Oh nice.
Again it applies to anyone but international student. Unless you have TOEFL or English com from RA University you cant just enroll in or take TECEP.
so reading through this thread is the first time i hear about credit banks. I get a general understanding based on what yall are saying but would anybody mind saying what are the benefits and how it works. From what yall are saying im guessing that its a system to transfer credits (say from sophia) to TESU without being enrolled in a program and have them create a transcript?
(08-10-2020, 12:30 PM)mt91 Wrote: so reading through this thread is the first time i hear about credit banks. I get a general understanding based on what yall are saying but would anybody mind saying what are the benefits and how it works. From what yall are saying im guessing that its a system to transfer credits (say from sophia) to TESU without being enrolled in a program and have them create a transcript?

It's a way to keep all of your credits in one place without being enrolled in a particular program. This can be good for some industries (such as teaching) that require a certain number of credits to be accumulated per year after you graduate or before they'll grant you a certificate. In some instances, you will still be required to provide original transcripts from the source. In other instances, you only need to provide the one credit bank transcript.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,574 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy