Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Credit for Literature CLEPs
Has anyone taken the Analyzing Literature, American Literature, and English Literature CLEPs since the credit recommendation for each exam was reduced from 6 to 3 AND had them evaluated for credit by TESU?                       I don't need these credits to meet degree requirements- I'm just trying to increase the number of credits I have in English to make me more competitive for a teaching position. I currently have 12 and simply want to have a credit evaluation transcript issued by TESU.         
  I already have 3 semester credits in American Literature, so there is no need for me to take that CLEP unless there is an additional 3 credits to be had. I also plan to take the Technical Writing DSST and some English courses from SDC and Coopersmith.
(10-22-2019, 12:13 AM)Yenisei Wrote: Has anyone taken the Analyzing Literature, American Literature, and English Literature CLEPs since the credit recommendation for each exam was reduced from 6 to 3 AND had them evaluated for credit by TESU?                       I don't need these credits to meet degree requirements- I'm just trying to increase the number of credits I have in English to make me more competitive for a teaching position. I currently have 12 and simply want to have a credit evaluation transcript issued by TESU.         
  I already have 3 semester credits in American Literature, so there is no need for me to take that CLEP unless there is an additional 3 credits to be had. I also plan to take the Technical Writing DSST and some English courses from SDC and Coopersmith.

I haven't transferred those specific CLEPS, but the TESU CLEP transfer guide shows the literature cleps* in addition to a few other downgraded exams as still awarding 6 credits. 

Quote:* CLEP subject examination update. Thomas Edison State University has conducted an academic program review on this exam. Credit awarded for this exam will be considered TESU assessment credit, not TESU-CLEP credit, and will show on the official transcript under TESU assessment credit.
(10-22-2019, 12:13 AM)Yenisei Wrote: Has anyone taken the Analyzing Literature, American Literature, and English Literature CLEPs since the credit recommendation for each exam was reduced from 6 to 3 AND had them evaluated for credit by TESU?                       I don't need these credits to meet degree requirements- I'm just trying to increase the number of credits I have in English to make me more competitive for a teaching position. I currently have 12 and simply want to have a credit evaluation transcript issued by TESU.         

My daughter transferred those CLEPS in this year.

Analyzing Lit, 6 credits, fulfills TESU courses LIT291, LIT292
American Lit, 6 credits, fulfills TESU courses LIT205, LIT206
English Lit, 6 credits,fulfills TESU courses  LIT208, LIT209
[-] The following 1 user Likes Murdockb's post:
  • cookderosa
I had my Analyzing Lit CLEP score transferred to TESU last week and they gave me 6 credits. As Murdockb mentioned above, they come in as LIT291 & LIT292. Though, they did place them in my Liberal Studies General Coursework (12SH) section.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
Thanks everyone for that!
[-] The following 2 users Like Yenisei's post:
  • alab21, cookderosa
I did American Lit this year and it transferred into TESU as both American Lit 1 & 2. 6 credits
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 344 Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 363 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,047 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 560 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 700 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  ENG301 Non Western Literature Lacedonia4 9 2,113 01-04-2024, 07:32 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 707 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 850 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
  Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses inf 28 3,837 09-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,561 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader