Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Degree Completion Proof to Employer
Hey All!  I am new here, but could not find a post regarding this in the forum yet so I figured that I would see if I could get some guidance here... Thanks in advance! 

Basically, my situation is this:  I work for an insurance company as a liability claims adjuster, and signed a contract when I was hired stating that if I did not complete my bachelors degree from an accredited school by the end of the year, I would be terminated.  Obviously, this gave me a kick in the pants that I sorely needed so I applied to TESU and had 105 credits transferred in from the schools that I have gone to over the last 5 years.  I am now registered for 9 classes, including the capstone class, and plan on testing out of the 6 remaining elective credits.  I am pursuing a BA in Liberal Arts Studies.  Unfortunately, because TESU took over 4 weeks to complete my official academic evaluation, I am forced to start my classes in October.

How long will I have to wait before TESU sends me some kind of proof that I completed my degree?  I understand that because I am starting in October, I missed the deadline for December graduation but will they send me something that officially states that I completed all of the degree requirements at the end of the semester?  Any knowledge regarding this issue would be appreciated!!

Correction! I am registered for 9 credits, not classes. Lol
I am not certain of the answer to this, but I would think that you could show your academic evaluation to your company when you've completed all of your requirements. It will show that all of your requirements have been met, and then you just explain that you've applied for graduation, and that it's official in March. Hopefully they will accept that.

And, by the way, you can apply for graduation now, you will just miss the mark on getting all of your classes completed before the deadline, but that's ok, they'll just push you to March.

And, I would complete the 6cr of electives sooner rather than later, so you can get those in and onto your transcript ASAP. They will take another 25 business days to complete a new eval of those credits, and you want them on there before they leave for Christmas break.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa, Toastmaster
[Image: io5ZR5]
https://ibb.co/io5ZR5
also added as attachment.

They can send you a letter of certification. This is what I got hopefully the link or image things works. This worked for my employment that I actually start tomorrow. The accepted this with the promise to show them an official transcript once It become available which should come today.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files
.jpg   Degree_Certification_Sample.jpg (Size: 133.08 KB / Downloads: 49)
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
[-] The following 5 users Like Synicaal's post:
  • dfrecore, High_Order1, ladysoleil, lca88, Toastmaster
Thanks for the responses! I appreciate it. I will get those electives completed ASAP, then.

Synicaal, how long did it take them to send you that documentation after you finished your degree requirements? After final grades were posted?
Thank you so much for asking this @jordanbean18 your timing is perfect! My husband and I were just discussing this last night and wondering if we could still apply for grad school once our credits are done even though we will likely officially graduate later. (We're aiming for March) Does anyone know if grad schools would honor the proof that @Synicaal received? (Grad schools being Hodges and/or Patten)
Working towards BALS at TESU

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 
Language and Literacy in Education (OnlineDegree)

Completed:
Study.com: Personal Finance 102, History 108, Psychology 106, Psychology 104, Communications 120, Religion 101

Free: Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for Professionals

CLEP (free through Modern States): American Government, A+I Lit, American Lit, History of the US 1
They send the letter shortly after they certify your credits for graduation. For March graduation, that would normally happen in Feb or late Jan. In your shoes, I'd ask your employer whether they could either accept the academic eval, or at least be willing to relax the timing if you show it. If not, I'd apply for graduation as soon as you can and contact the graduation office as soon as all your credits are in and explain the situation. Maybe they can certify you early.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(09-20-2017, 05:46 PM)davewill Wrote: They send the letter shortly after they certify your credits for graduation. For March graduation, that would normally happen in Feb or late Jan. In your shoes, I'd ask your employer whether they could either accept the academic eval, or at least be willing to relax the timing if you show it. If not, I'd apply for graduation as soon as you can and contact the graduation office as soon as all your credits are in and explain the situation. Maybe they can certify you early.

Thanks, Dave!  The official eval updates as soon as final grades are posted, so that will work for me.

Thanks again everyone for the advice! Big Grin
(09-20-2017, 11:40 AM)Doodlebabe Wrote: Thank you so much for asking this @jordanbean18 your timing is perfect! My husband and I were just discussing this last night and wondering if we could still apply for grad school once our credits are done even though we will likely officially graduate later. (We're aiming for March) Does anyone know if grad schools would honor the proof that @Synicaal received? (Grad schools being Hodges and/or Patten)

Applying for grad school before graduation is a normal procedure. I did so with GA Tech. I would expect that almost all schools would allow that. If you are accepted, there will be a deadline by which you will have to submit an official transcript showing that you earned the degree. In the case of a school with rolling start times, like many of the competency based programs, I suspect that you would have to submit the transcript a certain number of days before a start date. In the case of TESU, I ordered the transcript and checked the box to delay sending it until the degree was final. My final transcript was sent around the 15th, a few days after my graduation date on the 10th.

You would have to ask an individual school whether anything other than an official transcript would be acceptable.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,925 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,154 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,321 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic