Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Plan Help - TESU BSBA - Accounting
As i was told by registrar as long as its ACE credit they will. As understand they as you provide ACE transcript straight

They ask you to send ACE transcript directly not from credit providers. Sorry for mess earlier
Wow, if they accept Shmoop, that's great. I mean, Shmoop lessons aren't great but they're cheap and they have some unique offerings that it's a shame TESU doesn't accept them now.
(07-24-2020, 06:44 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Wow, if they accept Shmoop, that's great. I mean, Shmoop lessons aren't great but they're cheap and they have some unique offerings that it's a shame TESU doesn't accept them now.

Email UMPI and recheck with them. To make sure its good to go
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cofffeee's post:
  • rachel83az
(07-24-2020, 07:48 AM)Dosada Wrote: Hi All,

I'm starting the process to complete my bachelor's and am so overwhelmed trying to figure out which school BSBA Accounting program will allow me to complete it the fastest through credit exams.  I've worked in the accounting/tax world for over 15 years and have managed to have a decent career.  The only thing holding me back is not finishing my degree.  I'm currently enrolled at a community college and have a pocketful of credits that will hopefully transfer.  I'm about to start a class in the fall and wondering if it's even worth my time if I can go the CLEP/TECEP/DSST, etc. route.  I can't find any degree plans posted for the BSBA Accounting degree.  Does anyone have any experience or advice on which school/credit exams will help get me started?  

Here are the credits I have so far:

Johnson County Community College
ACCT 121  Accounting I  3cr
ACCT 131  Federal Income Taxes I  3cr
BUS 121    Introduction to Business  3cr
BOT 101    Computerized Keyboarding  1cr
BOT 115    Electronic Calculators  1cr
FL  160      Elementary Italian I  5cr

Oakton Community College:
ACC 255    Careers in Accounting 2cr

Thanks!! Diana

Hi I've been trying to complete a degree in Accounting myself after deciding that its one of the most useful concentrations in Business Administration. 
What I think you need to think about is how fast you'll want to do it and the way you learn. Also I'm not sure if the school that you go to matters to you and if you want to eventually get your CPA. 
I have a few degree plans for TESU that some members have shared and or customized for me which I'm forever thankful. I think TESU is one of the few Universities that will allow you transfer in a lot of alternative credits through exams. 
The Bachelors in Business administration has very similar classes in most universities and there are "core" classes that I've seen that are required in most Universities that I've seen. For example Microeconomics, macroeconomics, Business Law, Marketing, Finance, and things like that. I could post my plan for TESU but there are other members who are far more skilled in doing and hopefully one of them will answer. 
Right now you are in some luck because there have been some freebies and reduced rates for classes but I will urge you to hurry and take advantage of them. I would really look into Sophia they have free classes that you can sign up until the July 31. They give you 60 days to complete them. If you have a lot of free time you could probably knock some easy ones out quite fast some people report doing them in days. TESU accepts most of their classes I believe. 
Also ASU earned admission has classes for $100 per class. That offer is going to expire next month I believe but they have a batch of classes coming up. Their 7 week Sociology class (easy) meets one of the requirements for TESU and they have a Macroeconomics class coming up for the $100 price as well as College Algebra which TESU requires. However you could fulfill those classes with alternative credits if you want. 
I also read that WGU has a fast path to an Accounting degree but I'm not too familiar with them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rustydroid's post:
  • rachel83az
So first, you need to decide WHERE you want to go - and I think your best choices are TESU or Excelsior for a "regular" degree, and WGU or UMPI for a competency-based degree, although I'm not going to advise UMPI since I know nothing about it except that it's one of the most expensive competency-based programs, and they only take 30cr of ACE.

For all of those, I'm going to recommend the providers we know around here - Sophia, Study.com, Straigherline, and Saylor. I recommend taking a course or two on each platform to see what you like the best (although you can do Sophia for free for the next few days, so I'd sign up for English Comp I and one of the Econ courses; then if you finish one prior to July 31, sign up for another one.

Take College Algebra and Statistics somewhere. Macro & Micro econ, Accounting II/Managerial - things that are required at all schools.

See how fast you go. If you find yourself going through at a really good pace, and think you can keep that up, consider a competency-based program. But if you find yourself going more slowly, then stick with a traditional program.

What you do is just start accumulating credits. I would stop going to your CC and start here with ACE. You can go much faster, and it's cheaper in most cases.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Sophia is typically the fastest for general ed box checking.  I would start there and like others have suggested do as much as you can while it's free so don't start anything that requires touchstones (English, speech).  You should be able to do sociology in a week.  English Comp 1, Public Speaking, College Alegebra, Sociology, Ethics, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Psychology, Conflict resolution and visual communications will all count.  Don't pay full price though; get a multi-class deal.  Should be able to get them down to about $99 per class. Figure out how many credits TESU will give you for Italian and the other non accounting classes you took; that will reduce the number of electives you need. Economics is required for the degree so certainly do those.

With your experience I would imagine you could blast through the study.com accounting classes in days.  Study.com is all about going fast and doing as many exams in a month as possible.  5 if you can swing it.  You can do your advanced math there and most of the business core.

Use this page to match up courses : https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html
(07-25-2020, 05:26 AM)Rustydroid Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 07:48 AM)Dosada Wrote: Hi All,

I'm starting the process to complete my bachelor's and am so overwhelmed trying to figure out which school BSBA Accounting program will allow me to complete it the fastest through credit exams.  I've worked in the accounting/tax world for over 15 years and have managed to have a decent career.  The only thing holding me back is not finishing my degree.  I'm currently enrolled at a community college and have a pocketful of credits that will hopefully transfer.  I'm about to start a class in the fall and wondering if it's even worth my time if I can go the CLEP/TECEP/DSST, etc. route.  I can't find any degree plans posted for the BSBA Accounting degree.  Does anyone have any experience or advice on which school/credit exams will help get me started?  

Here are the credits I have so far:

Johnson County Community College
ACCT 121  Accounting I  3cr
ACCT 131  Federal Income Taxes I  3cr
BUS 121    Introduction to Business  3cr
BOT 101    Computerized Keyboarding  1cr
BOT 115    Electronic Calculators  1cr
FL  160      Elementary Italian I  5cr

Oakton Community College:
ACC 255    Careers in Accounting 2cr

Thanks!! Diana

Hi I've been trying to complete a degree in Accounting myself after deciding that its one of the most useful concentrations in Business Administration. 
What I think you need to think about is how fast you'll want to do it and the way you learn. Also I'm not sure if the school that you go to matters to you and if you want to eventually get your CPA. 
I have a few degree plans for TESU that some members have shared and or customized for me which I'm forever thankful. I think TESU is one of the few Universities that will allow you transfer in a lot of alternative credits through exams. 
The Bachelors in Business administration has very similar classes in most universities and there are "core" classes that I've seen that are required in most Universities that I've seen. For example Microeconomics, macroeconomics, Business Law, Marketing, Finance, and things like that. I could post my plan for TESU but there are other members who are far more skilled in doing and hopefully one of them will answer. 
Right now you are in some luck because there have been some freebies and reduced rates for classes but I will urge you to hurry and take advantage of them. I would really look into Sophia they have free classes that you can sign up until the July 31. They give you 60 days to complete them. If you have a lot of free time you could probably knock some easy ones out quite fast some people report doing them in days. TESU accepts most of their classes I believe. 
Also ASU earned admission has classes for $100 per class. That offer is going to expire next month I believe but they have a batch of classes coming up. Their 7 week Sociology class (easy) meets one of the requirements for TESU and they have a Macroeconomics class coming up for the $100 price as well as College Algebra which TESU requires. However you could fulfill those classes with alternative credits if you want. 
I also read that WGU has a fast path to an Accounting degree but I'm not too familiar with them.
Thanks so much for this!!  I would be so grateful to see some of your degree plans for TESU. I’m definitely leaning towards that program. It would be very helpful to see some options on what classes to start lining up.

(07-25-2020, 10:35 PM)tallpilot Wrote: Sophia is typically the fastest for general ed box checking.  I would start there and like others have suggested do as much as you can while it's free so don't start anything that requires touchstones (English, speech).  You should be able to do sociology in a week.  English Comp 1, Public Speaking, College Alegebra, Sociology, Ethics, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Psychology, Conflict resolution and visual communications will all count.  Don't pay full price though; get a multi-class deal.  Should be able to get them down to about $99 per class.  Figure out how many credits TESU will give you for Italian and the other non accounting classes you took; that will reduce the number of electives you need.  Economics is required for the degree so certainly do those.

With your experience I would imagine you could blast through the study.com accounting classes in days.  Study.com is all about going fast and doing as many exams in a month as possible.  5 if you can swing it.  You can do your advanced math there and most of the business core.

Use this page to match up courses : https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html
Thanks!!  I just signed up on Sophia for Psycology and Project Management. Figured I could knock those out pretty quickly. Wish I would have known about that option sooner so I could have done a few more free classes. Sounds like Study.com will be my best bet for the majority of the core classes. Wondering how the Saylor classes line up with the program.

(07-25-2020, 08:52 AM)dfrecore Wrote: So first, you need to decide WHERE you want to go - and I think your best choices are TESU or Excelsior for a "regular" degree, and WGU or UMPI for a competency-based degree, although I'm not going to advise UMPI since I know nothing about it except that it's one of the most expensive competency-based programs, and they only take 30cr of ACE.

For all of those, I'm going to recommend the providers we know around here - Sophia, Study.com, Straigherline, and Saylor.  I recommend taking a course or two on each platform to see what you like the best (although you can do Sophia for free for the next few days, so I'd sign up for English Comp I and one of the Econ courses; then if you finish one prior to July 31, sign up for another one.

Take College Algebra and Statistics somewhere.  Macro & Micro econ, Accounting II/Managerial - things that are required at all schools.

See how fast you go.  If you find yourself going through at a really good pace, and think you can keep that up, consider a competency-based program.  But if you find yourself going more slowly, then stick with a traditional program.

What you do is just start accumulating credits.  I would stop going to your CC and start here with ACE.  You can go much faster, and it's cheaper in most cases.
Yeah I was having a hard time spending $500 on one class at the CC. It’s just a little overwhelming trying to figure out a degree plan with all of the different credit providers. And which ones will transfer in with no problems. I think the TESU program lines up best with what I’m going for. Is it best to just start accumulating credits before I apply to TESU?  Or should I apply first, and as I complete classes have the credits transferred as I go?
Does anyone have a degree plan for a BSBA Accounting for TESU they can post?  I’m trying to put one together and would appreciate any ideas. I’m currently working on some gen ed classes through Sophia; just finished Project Management.....and about to start intro to sociology and intro to psychology. Wondering if anyone has any experience on which Sophia classes fulfill the TESU gen ed requirements and will transfer over. I plan on taking the business/major requirement classes through Study.com. Any ideas/recommendations on which classes will fulfill the gen ed electives?  Thanks in advance!
Most of Sophia will transfer to TESU to fill in GE requirements. About the only GE requirement that cannot be fulfilled via Sophia is the civic engagement one.

This should give you a rough guide to start with: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

A blank doesn't mean that it doesn't transfer in; it only means that there is no recorded equivalency yet. For instance, Public Speaking fulfills the Oral Communication requirement but I don't know what it actually comes in as at TESU (yet). See this thread for more general terms: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...es-at-TESU

Finance and Law are new so the assumption is that TESU will accept them but nobody has tried to transfer them in as of yet.
Hello!

Maybe I can help fill in some of the TESU blanks..

Accounting: ACC-101 Principles of Financial Accounting
English Composition I: ENC-101 English Composition I
English Composition II: ENC-102 English Composition II
Public Speaking: COM-209 Public Speaking

I will know about Business Law and Principles of Finance as soon as they finish my evaluation.

OldManOfTheSea
[-] The following 1 user Likes OldManOfTheSea's post:
  • ms_butterfly

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 57 1,838 50 minutes ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 7 523 1 hour ago
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 33 2,088 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 165 9 hours ago
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 170 10 hours ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,092 Yesterday, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 168 Yesterday, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 516 Yesterday, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Mems88
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,277 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 167 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM